Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to hope ffp drives down transfer fees and player wages which in turn should reduce ticket prices.

gZyLvW.gif

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say they were trying to fuck off the older (loyal fanbase) crowd and creating room for more rich tourist types who’ll spend a load of dollar…
A very cynical view, but you are correct.

Legacy fans don’t drop a few hundred in the shop, don’t sit quietly when the match is on and don’t get disgruntled at the players or owners after a poor performance at full time.

Us legacy fans want a successful team challenging for honours.

The club wants people in on a match day who will smile and shrug their shoulders when we lose but will tell everyone about the world class stadium when they get home.

The are cutting the concession discount by 5% per annum for 5 years.

Pathetic
Yeah I’m not sure how that could ever be justified, major fuck up by the club , one would think all the extra money we earn from concerts etc we could at least afford to reward match going supporters!
Honestly it’s things like this that make me become disillusioned with modern day football!

Yeah I’m not sure how that could ever be justified, major fuck up by the club , one would think all the extra money we earn from concerts etc we could at least afford to reward match going supporters!
Honestly it’s things like this that make me become disillusioned with modern day football!
I'm staggered if anyone still seriously believes the revenue from third party events is being used for the benefit of our football team
The stadium is a cash cow for ENIC, not Spurs

Superbly put. Interesting to see if anyone has an argument to counter this?
That philosophically it is true, but you can philosophize in one hand, shite in the other and see which one fills up faster.

The reality is that is not the way free market capitalism and supply/demand works, period. Mercedes doesn't make "the best" vehicle. Gucci doesn't make "the best" handbag. Jordan doesn't make "the best" trainers. Demand is a magic mix of quality, brand marketing, and perceived scarcity.

There's so much demand for Tottenham tickets that you need to be in the members' queue an hour before tickets go on sale to have a shot at buying them and they sell out almost immediately. Tickets on the exchange rarely stay listed for long at all before selling. The market says Tottenham tickets are very likely "worth" significantly more than what the club charges.

But everyone needs to keep moaning as loud as they possibly can. Whilst ticket prices will never go down, maybe it will help keep them from going up at a faster clip.

The reality is that is not the way free market capitalism and supply/demand works, period.
But this increase doesn't even make a meaningful impact on our books.

It is an unnecessary and obnoxious decision made based on micro-cocked Levynomics rather than broader football ownership.

There are plenty of owners out there that are disgusting Capitalist shits that wouldn't do this.

The last few pages have highlighted how different the many people that support Spurs are. Having supported the club since 1961 I consider myself very much a Spurs supporter. However I have never been a season ticket holder and never will be. During 1970’s and 1980’s I went a lot. Just turned up and paid at the gate and stood on the shelf. Then with all seaters, lower attendances it became almost impossible to get tickets. Started again when at Wembley and been to new ground.
Now I live further away and cannot get home from evening matches by public transport. However I have not ruled out going to a 3pm KO in future but getting a couple of tickets is not easy for some matches. If ticket prices are held back as has happened in the past few years then demand will increase, season ticket holders will keep their tickets even if they do not go that often as they can resell on exchange. An extra 6% if you just go once or twice a season is not a problem. Yes I want the club to be successful and win a trophy but whilst I got a ticket to every Cup final between 1971 and 1991 I doubt I will ever again.
So whilst the ground is being filled every match then yes I support prices of tickets going up. Not sure of the split of Season ticket holders compared to other supporters on this site are but my point is we are all supporters but have different needs.

But this increase doesn't even make a meaningful impact on our books.

It is an unnecessary and obnoxious decision made based on micro-cocked Levynomics rather than broader football ownership.

There are plenty of owners out there that are disgusting Capitalist shits that wouldn't do this.

Matchday revenue is still >20% of our total revenue, it's definitely meaningful.

The last few pages have highlighted how different the many people that support Spurs are. Having supported the club since 1961 I consider myself very much a Spurs supporter. However I have never been a season ticket holder and never will be. During 1970’s and 1980’s I went a lot. Just turned up and paid at the gate and stood on the shelf. Then with all seaters, lower attendances it became almost impossible to get tickets. Started again when at Wembley and been to new ground.
Now I live further away and cannot get home from evening matches by public transport. However I have not ruled out going to a 3pm KO in future but getting a couple of tickets is not easy for some matches. If ticket prices are held back as has happened in the past few years then demand will increase, season ticket holders will keep their tickets even if they do not go that often as they can resell on exchange. An extra 6% if you just go once or twice a season is not a problem. Yes I want the club to be successful and win a trophy but whilst I got a ticket to every Cup final between 1971 and 1991 I doubt I will ever again.
So whilst the ground is being filled every match then yes I support prices of tickets going up. Not sure of the split of Season ticket holders compared to other supporters on this site are but my point is we are all supporters but have different needs.
What a reasonable take.

kill-it-with-fire-flamethrower.gif

Well, the CPI index is around the same figure; and Spurs didn't increase prices to this figure during the last few years where inflation was even higher.

We are owed a big signing. Like 80m plus on a proper serious football. Kvaratskhelia, De Jong, Wirtz caliber type player.

We need to step up the signings we make, instead of the half measure likes Kulusevki and Richarlison. Good players, but not going to bridge the gap between us and the current top 3.

But an extra £4m on the books (this is the figure I’ve seen quoted) is the salary of a substitute. Obviously makes a difference, but enough to disenchant a number of the fans?
I don't know man, I'm not even 100% sure what we're arguing about this time.

I answered a question. 1, while philosophically success on the pitch (quality of experience) should be what admission costs were tied to that wasn't at all the way our economic system is designed or operates. 2, that a revenue stream which still produces >20% of our over all revenue is certainly not insignificant.

If £4M is the year on year increase, then what do you want a freeze? For how long? This year that's costs £4M, then maybe next year it's £6M because of the increase in operating costs. Year after that it's maybe £9M. Even when you go back to increasing prices, you either have to do a massive increase or you're always chasing the lost opportunity cost of money that the freeze created - always charging a couple years behind your operations cost.

I'm just saying, running an organization valued at £3B+ with annual turnover of £600M+ and dozens of expensive assets (players, employees, and infrastructure), and hundreds of contracts, loans, and lines of credit is a lot more complicated than some football supporters on a forum get. I don't understand it, I just know it's a lot more complicated than "gee, we didn't win a trophy, better reduce ticket prices".

A very cynical view, but you are correct.

Legacy fans don’t drop a few hundred in the shop, don’t sit quietly when the match is on and don’t get disgruntled at the players or owners after a poor performance at full time.

Us legacy fans want a successful team challenging for honours.

The club wants people in on a match day who will smile and shrug their shoulders when we lose but will tell everyone about the world class stadium when they get home.
They also want a world class atmosphere and complain when they don't get one. This is happening all across the country, every time I see a player gesturing for the fans to cheer I want to wring their necks.

Maybe they just don't understand what's happening

Back
Top Bottom