Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://twitter.com/THSTOfficial/status/1765371125066854712?t=CLv5D1_XYROA5NOnvJTA3A&s=19

šŸ˜³

Tottenham Hotspur Season Ticket price increase

Tottenham Hotspur Supporterā€™s Trust is dismayed by the Clubā€™s plans to increase Season Tickets by six per cent.
We oppose any Season Ticket increase and the removal or reduction of Senior concessions, both of which are also opposed by the Fan Advisory Board.

THST Board members met with the club on February 21 when we were presented with the Season Ticket proposals for the first time. During this meeting, we disagreed on several areas and as a result of our input, changes were made.

We do, however, remain hugely disappointed to see Season Tickets increase by six per cent.

Discounts for senior Season Ticket and matchday tickets remain unchanged for 2024/25 but lead to the complete removal of new Senior concessions from 2025/26 ā€“ this is unacceptable. The Club does say new senior Season Ticket holders who are turning 65 for next season will receive the current 50 per cent discount if they are in a concession area, but this will be of little comfort to those supporters impacted by these changes from 2025/26.

The discount for senior Season Tickets will also be reduced by five per cent each season for the next five years meaning that, from 2029/30, Senior Season Tickets will cost senior supporters 25 per cent more than today. This increase cannot be justified.

The Clubā€™s justification for the six per cent increase are two-fold:
* That it has only raised prices once before in the last five years by 1.5 per cent
* Because there has been a ā€œsignificant increase in matchday costsā€.
In our opinion neither justification holds water.

The Club says the number of senior concession Season Tickets has risen to almost four times the number at White Hart Lane and says the increase is not sustainable. We say these changes pull the rug out from under the feet of pensioners after years of loyal support.

THST Official believes a fuller discussion at the beginning of this process with the Club would have led to more effective input and increased the prospect of an outcome with wider support.

THST Board
6 March 2024

Piss takers.

Only started to put things right after the Conte and Jose debacles. Not achieved anything yet since starting the journey of repairing things with fans and they pull this.

To be honest I thought it would be a 10% hike.

Yes, of course...He's being very generous , isn't he.

8gsMpnM.gif

The thing that gets me is that the club are raising more revenues from F1 karting, the skywalk, the concerts, the boxing and NFL, all of those could be used to supplement or mitigate the season ticket holder/match day fan's ticket prices.

The argument is that doing that would keep the regular fans on side, all of these things that are not seemingly for us are at least being used to keep the match day experience more affordable.

They've basically decided that this was the number they could get away with, problem is, they're probably right.

Nice stadium and all, but ultimately, still no indication that weā€™re prepared to go out and sign premium players.

If you want to charge a premium price, you need a premium product. The stadium is, but the reason people go there is still a long way off from being considered ā€œpremiumā€.

Sign world class players, then charge those prices you greedy dickheads.

Of course, none of this matters. People are fucking stupid and will still pay it. Nothing will change.

The thing that gets me is that the club are raising more revenues from F1 karting, the skywalk, the concerts, the boxing and NFL, all of those could be used to supplement or mitigate the season ticket holder/match day fan's ticket prices.

The argument is that doing that would keep the regular fans on side, all of these things that are not seemingly for us are at least being used to keep the match day experience more affordable.

They've basically decided that this was the number they could get away with, problem is, they're probably right.
Saves them putting their own money in.

How are the bastards just so greedy? It's fucking unreal.
No matter how well the club is run financially, we are dealing with an ivory tower horde of very wealthy people who live detached from the struggles of the common people. They've monetised the 'glory' without having really achieved any in almost a quarter of a century. They're gentrifying the area, obviously doing their philanthropical bit to help out the locals (got to keep the council and locals onside) but not allowing the latter to afford to watch the actual football. When it comes to the fans and ticket price rises, they're pushing the brand whilst disassembling the band. Toffs and wealthy tourists for the win.

Reflective of modern England, a silent divide is growing as the passion slows. The stadium - an arndale with a football pitch at its centre - is so often host to long periods of murmurs and whispers as paying fans rightly now expect instant success every moment. In pursuit of the profit, we're losing the song. The pulse of a game I once had the great pleasure to know, grows ever fainter as the likes of Levy grab the tiller and steer us into a glitzy, modern decline.

The club are getting rinsed all over social media, and rightfully so.

6% is a stupidly high jump

Every time we vaguely look like getting ourselves sorted or at least travelling in the right direction, ENIC pull shithouse stunts like this.

Honestly the club donā€™t deserve a fanbase sometimes.

Bald (rip off) cunty clownshoe wearing vertically challenged lizard bastard OUT.

Fucking nearly the highest prices in Europe. The deal should be we pay those prices when the club is delivering success like the top teams in Europe, and not before.

Would rather have seen them raise the age for concessions but ultimately, that generation has all the spare cash and time on their hands. By now, 70-75+ should probably be concession age.

As for the ST price hike - well what else were you going to spend your 2% National Insurance savings on??

:tanguythumb:

Stopped going a few years ago. Went to a handful of games at the new stadium but when Mourinho was appointed manager I cancelled mine and my brothers memberships.

My game attendance peaked when Jol was manager. Things will never feel the same as it did then at White Hart Lane and I have better things to spend my money on. One of my last games was the 2-7 loss hosting Bayern. Took my girlfriend - that miserable rainy night set me back the lions share of Ā£500.

We spent a long weekend renting a cabin in Sweden, travel, accommodation, food, day trips included - for less cost.

Fuck 'em. Don't like it, don't pay it, don't go. If everyone did that, the prices would come down.

People never seem to learn

Our owners are shysters , how many more times do they have to pull shit like this before people open their eyes and realise

No doubt Airfixx Airfixx has a rousing defence for this latest stunt

I remember when I used to say to my mate 'when ticket prices go over Ā£50 I'll stop going'.

I'm glad I didn't or I would have missed out on all those trophies.
Real kick in the balls for supporters, we know the contempt enic has for all fans particularly legacy fans.
8th richest club in world football, probably the most expensive in the premier league, and yet the club wins nothing.
The justification for this will be hard to swallow, I think the annual account's are due to be released, wait to see how much money the club are making.

This is the crux. Most of our season tickets holders will pay it.

And the ones who donā€™t will be replaced by our huge waiting list that keeps growing.

He may be pretty shit at building a trophy winning football team but you canā€™t argue with the manā€™s ability to make money.

If we get into the CL he may change his mind and wind back the price rise to 3% as a nice gesture.

Back
Top Bottom