Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe.

However, the poster is saying Levy/ENIC are parasitic, living off the host. Seems undeniably true to me.

Should they find another term, when that one perfectly describes ENIC operations?

Personally, felt like the poster was upset at the argument, so tried to undermine language used.

It’s fine he is offended, and, fine many of us think it’s a crock to be offended in this dynamic.

Should we be offended if someone buys a VW Beetle, or wears Hugo Boss?

Those aren’t comparable. Parasite was very specifically used by Nazis (and is STILL used by the far right) to dehumanise Jewish people by comparing them to the lowest form of life. It’s not the same as something generic like a car or a fashion brand. The word still carries a lot of weight within that context.

Again - I won’t tell people not to use it. But I recognise that context and respect it because the history of words is important and language is a very powerful tool.

Those aren’t comparable. Parasite was very specifically used by Nazis (and is STILL used by the far right) to dehumanise Jewish people by comparing them to the lowest form of life. It’s not the same as something generic like a car or a fashion brand. The word still carries a lot of weight within that context.

Again - I won’t tell people not to use it. But I recognise that context and respect it because the history of words is important and language is a very powerful tool.
Hitler was associated strongly with driving Beetles, so was Nazism. Hugo Boss designed the SS Uniforms, so was just saying “should we avoid anything with historical links, in fear of offence?

Understand it offends some, but clearly Zomb was not making Semitic remarks, he is using the best fitting word to describe our Owner(s).

Hitler was associated strongly with driving Beetles, so was Nazism. Hugo Boss designed the SS Uniforms, so was just saying “should we avoid anything with historical links, in fear of offence?

Understand it offends some, but clearly Zomb was not making Semitic remarks, he is using the best fitting word to describe our Owner(s).

And I’m saying that those associations aren’t really comparable. The far right aren’t wearing Hugo Boss or driving VW’s, they’re still calling Jewish people parasites. It’s still an active way of dehumanising people. And the cars and uniforms were just accessories, not an active form of suppression by language.

I’m not saying he was using it in an anti semitic way. I’m saying that understanding the context of the word is important. People can then make their own decisions. I don’t avoid using it out of fear of causing offence, I avoid using it because I know there are right wingers who use it as a dog whistle and I don’t personally want to be part of it.

How about we just stop using the word parasite to describe our owners just so that the waters aren't muddy, plenty of other words to use you can use.

But this is a big part of the problem, the quantity of hardcore fans in the stadium week on week who really give enough fucks to do this has reduced substantially over the past 20 years because of the constant price increases. I really don't think Levy feels threatened at all by our fans feeble attempts to get him out the club so far.
Eh? Am I reading this right? You're saying that the majority of the 40,000 ST holders we have, who pay anything from £1100 to £3000 a season, are not 'hardcore'?

Please.. define hardcore.

I missed that , is someone so uneducated that the think using the word Parasite is racist ?

Hahahaha
It was mentioned that the word parasite has been used often in the last to describe Jews, so could be considered anti Semitic.

So, yes, you did miss something, just not the thing you thought you did. Probably not the “hahahaha” moment you though it was either.

It was mentioned that the word parasite has been used often in the last to describe Jews, so could be considered anti Semitic.

So, yes, you did miss something, just not the thing you thought you did. Probably not the “hahahaha” moment you though it was either.
If you can connect the word parasite to being a Jew , that’s more concerning than calling levy a cunt

I don’t really care for religion , I don’t see levy as a “ type “ of religion , I see him as a parasite & a cunt

A parasite is an is an organism that has sustained contact with another organism to the detriment of the host organism.. What the fuck has that to do with religion ?

So, yes, you did miss something, just not the thing you thought you did. Probably not the “hahahaha” moment you thought it was either.
Sorry to quote you again but it’s actually a bit concerning that a Jew can be so easily connected to a parasite. Who made that point ? I don’t read everything on this thread , but that’s just weird .

I know it’s puzzling how people get from A to B but could you point it out where it happened here ?

Cheers Abs

Sorry to quote you again but it’s actually a bit concerning that a Jew can be so easily connected to a parasite. Who made that point ? I don’t read everything on this thread , but that’s just weird .

I know it’s puzzling how people get from A to B but could you point it out where it happened here ?

Cheers Abs
It was a common theme in Mein Kampf. But let's move on. Nobody meant any harm

Cheers Abs
It’s in the last couple of pages mate. Can’t recall the poster, but he was offended. And parasite has been used to describe Jews throughout history, so he made the connection. I’m personally not offended, but if someone is because of their beliefs. that’s up to them.

I fear I must apologise for my outrageous behaviour towards Daniel Levy after that 5-2 drumming of Burnley. It is down to Levy that we signed Postecoglou, and we must thank him for that and all prior decision making for the past 20 years, which led to us winning the league today at Turf Moor. I must also mention that Daniel Levy has the biggest cock out of all the owners in the premier league, and that he is infact actually 6ft 4, despite pictures online (rightwing trolls) suggesting otherwise. He is infact much larger in person, and has a huge bulge. Tonight I will sleep with a Daniel Levy poster above my bed, and will make sure to kiss it every night before I go to sleep.

It’s in the last couple of pages mate. Can’t recall the poster, but he was offended. And parasite has been used to describe Jews throughout history, so he made the connection. I’m personally not offended, but if someone is because of their beliefs. that’s up to them.
The only group of people I’ve ever considered parasites are politicians & I think that’s justified . Individuals can be considered parasites & I think someone who has prospered while the thing it’s attached to hasn’t is pretty much is the very meaning of the word. Unless you’re a fan of infrastructure of course.

Work on a Sunday … jeebus christoph

The only group of people I’ve ever considered parasites are politicians & I think that’s justified . Individuals can be considered parasites & I think someone who has prospered while the thing it’s attached to hasn’t is pretty much is the very meaning of the word. Unless you’re a fan of infrastructure of course.

Work on a Sunday … jeebus christoph
I used to work in politics and my problem with politicians is that they aren’t smart or wise. And i think you need both to be a good statesman

I used to work in politics and my problem with politicians is that they aren’t smart or wise. And i think you need both to be a good statesman

I think they used to be , even if you didn’t agree with them , you kind of respected them .

These days they just come across as self serving , nasty people

Oh well

Plenty of owners across plenty of industries are referred to as being parasites. Let's not be silly and stay in the real world.

Are we also not allowed to call Levy tight/stingy as it's a derogatory stereotype too?!

I don’t see Levy as a parasite and Jewish factor aside with the whole word thing he isn’t dragging the club down by eating it, he is just a very frustrating owner who often places the business needs of the club above the football needs and is a bit stale strategically.

The only owners in the league who fit the term are the Glazers who loaded all their debt onto United and have eaten the club. It’s now a shell of what it was. The very opposite of the Glazers would be Abramovich who created modern Chelsea and gave them everything.

Back
Top Bottom