Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Matt Law is such a prick. Bet he loved using Levy here to have continued digs at the club. Completely unnecessary.

Daniel Levy laughed momentarily when he was asked by an audience member at the Cambridge Union "What do you think of Tottenham?" before firing back: “It’s the greatest club in the world.”

The first part of Levy’s response is currently more accurate than the second because, right now, Tottenham Hotspur, the supposed “greatest club in the world”, are a laughing stock of his making.

The resignation of Fabio Paratici means Tottenham are now “the greatest club in the world” with no permanent head coach, no managing director of football and an acting head coach who many supporters would like to see sacked.

It was apparently on the advice of Paratici, in what would have been one his last acts as a Spurs employee, that Levy agreed to retain and promote Antonio Conte’s trusted lieutenant Cristian Stellini into the hot seat for the Premier League run-in.

Now Paratici has gone and it would not be a huge surprise if Stellini and the rest of Conte’s old staff, who are probably wondering why they are still at “the greatest club in the world”, followed him before the end of the season.

Last week’s defeat at home to Bournemouth left those with knowledge of Tottenham’s inner workings speculating whether or not Stellini himself could be sacked if the team lose to Newcastle United on Sunday.

Another defeat for “the greatest club in the world” will leave Spurs six points behind Newcastle, having played a game more, and still trailing Manchester United, who will have two games in hand and a six-point cushion.

Stellini has confirmed himself to be Conte-lite, which is no bad thing and completely understandable but is not what the Tottenham fans, or some players, wanted and it certainly has not resulted in any sort of bounce. Some even rate his promotion as Levy’s worst-ever decision, but there is plenty of competition in that field.

Should Levy travel to St James’ Park on Sunday, then he will be reacquainted with a former employee, Darren Eales, who once convinced him to sing Crocodile Rock by Elton John at a Karaoke evening in Moscow.

Eales has established himself as one of the most highly-respected chief executives in football, firstly at Atlanta and now Newcastle, since leaving “the greatest club in the world” and Paratici can at least console himself that, once his ban is served, exiting Tottenham has not exactly proved to be a career killer.

On the same weekend that Newcastle, where Eales works, can put a huge dent in Tottenham’s Champions League hopes and take a step closer to confirming their own qualification, Paul Barber, another former employee of Levy, will be watching Brighton at Wembley in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

Barber and Brighton have become envied across the Premier League for their superb work and could yet finish above “the greatest club in the world” in the Premier League table, as well retaining the dream of finishing the season with a trophy.

Next weekend will be a big one for ex-Levy employee Damien Comolli. He is now president of Toulouse, who are looking forward to a French Cup final against Nantes.

And what of a certain Jose Mourinho, fired by Levy a few days before a League Cup final Spurs then lost and shortly before the arrival of Paratici? His Roma team on Thursday night qualified for the semi-finals of the Europa League and are fourth in Serie A, on course to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

Over the past 20 years, Levy has hired 10 permanent coaches, who, between them, have won 61 trophies before and after managing Spurs. Between them all in that time, they have won one trophy at “the greatest club in the world.”

With Scott Munn not due to start work as Tottenham’s chief football officer until July 1, Levy will lead the search for his 11th permanent head coach himself. The Premier League’s longest-serving chairman remains the one constant at the club he still tells himself is the “greatest in the world” while everybody else, just as the Cambridge Union audience did, laughs along.
Matt Law is very much a prick, but I read so much worse than that on here every day. And that’s written by supposed fans of the club.

Hi all, my first post on here. Greetings.

As a Season ticket holder of 30+ years and having been going since 1980, I have seen my fair share of ups and downs. More downs than ups in the last 30 years, where to my knowledge, the club has been rinsed by greedy owners dining out on our glorious past, which is moving further and further away. False promises, high ticket prices justified always by 'jam tomorrow', yet no jam has been put on our bread for decades.

Glory, to me is winning trophies, it is the same in any sport, nobody deems finishing 3rd or 4th on the podium as success, yet at THFC and among the nouveau fan that seems to be prevalent these days, apparently getting Champions League football is to be celebrated like a trophy.

Even while our fans were crowing at Woolwich's recent dip with Wenger etc, they still won THREE Fa Cups.... we won exactly SWEET FA.

I had called Levy out after only two years of his tenure, yet teflonistas and his cult following continue to make excuses about him and the so-called bigger picture. The bigger picture was the ground and for a brief moment, having got lucky on Pochettino, with the promise of the new stadium, we were told was going to catapult us into a new era of glory. However, it was just another ruse or mirage, with Poch never being backed in 2 successive transfer windows while rivals invested in their teams of tomorrow. The rest is history, Levy rinsed Poch and hung him out to dry when the fizz went out, long before the CL Final.

Now, having saddled the fans and club with a £1 billion debt, once again, and 3 years of massive decline, having sacked Mourinho one week before a major final, was the coup de grace for me while appointing a kid as manager was ludicrous, but the cynics among us would say Spurs avoided paying out more compensation had he won a trophy. If that doesn't tell you the contempt Levy has for the fans, nothing else will.

His fans say, he built a stadium? Well he did, but not on his money. The stadium rights have still not been sold, Tottenham's property portfolio is expanding and as shady as a Gangster's bank account.

Ultimately, for £1,000 a year ST money, a nice seat is not what I go for. The football we have been force fed for 3 years is utter dross. Players that should have been moved on years ago, still lurk in the corridors. White elephants have been bought and cannot be moved on as they are mentally deranged. You just can't make it up.

Without a doubt, we are a laughing stock to our peers. We even managed to get in the urban dictionary and possibly the Oxford dictionary to come with the coined phrase 'Spursy' which is used for anything flakey in any industry. Thank you Mr Daniel Levy, you bald headed C**t, I hope the fans go full nasty on you, and frankly I don't care how your tenure ends, just as long as you go.

Sorry my first post is so negative, but currently, that is where I am at and have been for a long time regarding THFC.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Matt Law is very much a prick, but I read so much worse than that on here every day. And that’s written by supposed fans of the club.

He only writes this stuff because people are sharing/clicking etc...therefore people want to read it and it won't comes as a surprise to you that a lot of those people are Spurs fans.

Misery/company

Spurs are in the shite right now and the immediate future looks bleak.

That's not being miserable, that's the fucking truth.

I don't care where we finish this season, just want it over. Levy and ENIC don't give a fuck about the club and it's fans, that should be painfully obvious to all by now.

We have been used.

Matt Law is such a prick. Bet he loved using Levy here to have continued digs at the club. Completely unnecessary.

Daniel Levy laughed momentarily when he was asked by an audience member at the Cambridge Union "What do you think of Tottenham?" before firing back: “It’s the greatest club in the world.”

The first part of Levy’s response is currently more accurate than the second because, right now, Tottenham Hotspur, the supposed “greatest club in the world”, are a laughing stock of his making.

The resignation of Fabio Paratici means Tottenham are now “the greatest club in the world” with no permanent head coach, no managing director of football and an acting head coach who many supporters would like to see sacked.

It was apparently on the advice of Paratici, in what would have been one his last acts as a Spurs employee, that Levy agreed to retain and promote Antonio Conte’s trusted lieutenant Cristian Stellini into the hot seat for the Premier League run-in.

Now Paratici has gone and it would not be a huge surprise if Stellini and the rest of Conte’s old staff, who are probably wondering why they are still at “the greatest club in the world”, followed him before the end of the season.

Last week’s defeat at home to Bournemouth left those with knowledge of Tottenham’s inner workings speculating whether or not Stellini himself could be sacked if the team lose to Newcastle United on Sunday.

Another defeat for “the greatest club in the world” will leave Spurs six points behind Newcastle, having played a game more, and still trailing Manchester United, who will have two games in hand and a six-point cushion.

Stellini has confirmed himself to be Conte-lite, which is no bad thing and completely understandable but is not what the Tottenham fans, or some players, wanted and it certainly has not resulted in any sort of bounce. Some even rate his promotion as Levy’s worst-ever decision, but there is plenty of competition in that field.

Should Levy travel to St James’ Park on Sunday, then he will be reacquainted with a former employee, Darren Eales, who once convinced him to sing Crocodile Rock by Elton John at a Karaoke evening in Moscow.

Eales has established himself as one of the most highly-respected chief executives in football, firstly at Atlanta and now Newcastle, since leaving “the greatest club in the world” and Paratici can at least console himself that, once his ban is served, exiting Tottenham has not exactly proved to be a career killer.

On the same weekend that Newcastle, where Eales works, can put a huge dent in Tottenham’s Champions League hopes and take a step closer to confirming their own qualification, Paul Barber, another former employee of Levy, will be watching Brighton at Wembley in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

Barber and Brighton have become envied across the Premier League for their superb work and could yet finish above “the greatest club in the world” in the Premier League table, as well retaining the dream of finishing the season with a trophy.

Next weekend will be a big one for ex-Levy employee Damien Comolli. He is now president of Toulouse, who are looking forward to a French Cup final against Nantes.

And what of a certain Jose Mourinho, fired by Levy a few days before a League Cup final Spurs then lost and shortly before the arrival of Paratici? His Roma team on Thursday night qualified for the semi-finals of the Europa League and are fourth in Serie A, on course to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

Over the past 20 years, Levy has hired 10 permanent coaches, who, between them, have won 61 trophies before and after managing Spurs. Between them all in that time, they have won one trophy at “the greatest club in the world.”

With Scott Munn not due to start work as Tottenham’s chief football officer until July 1, Levy will lead the search for his 11th permanent head coach himself. The Premier League’s longest-serving chairman remains the one constant at the club he still tells himself is the “greatest in the world” while everybody else, just as the Cambridge Union audience did, laughs along.
Matt Law is a prick but I am also failing to see where he is inaccurate here?

Everything he has written is the truth in this article.

Do you disagree with what he has written though?
I disagree with how he’s written it. Using a tongue in cheek comment about being the greatest club in the world as a hook to kill the club… you’d expect that from a rival fan being a prick, not a respectable journalist. The fact we’ll have our own fans cheering him on shows is embarrassing

He only writes this stuff because people are sharing/clicking etc...therefore people want to read it and it won't comes as a surprise to you that a lot of those people are Spurs fans.

Misery/company
But is he wrong in what he has written?

Are Spurs supporters supposed to ignore truth/facts and suppress their emotional responses just so they don't come across as "miserable" I don't get the angle tbh.

Like, in a perfect world, how do you believe Spurs supporters should be behaving right now? What would make you happy?

You seem to hold contrarian viewpoints and enjoy almost mocking people for having an opinion on the state of the club; taking joy in seeing people make effortless attempts to create change because you have a nihilistic view of the situation, I just don't understand what pleasure you can derive from that tbh.

I don't disagree with you by the way entirely, I do feel that ultimately no matter what the supporters do, Levy will only leave on his own terms, not because of any frustration from supporters, so ultimately shouting into the void of a forum and online is utterly pointless, I also don't understand getting joy from mocking those who do as a outlet for their frustrations?

I disagree with how he’s written it. Using a tongue in cheek comment about being the greatest club in the world as a hook to kill the club… you’d expect that from a rival fan being a prick, not a respectable journalist. The fact we’ll have our own fans cheering him on shows is embarrassing

That's what Levy said though, he said he thought we were the greatest club in the world, it's worthy of mockery because we don't BEHAVE like the greatest club in the world, it was a soulless corporate response from Levy worthy of ridicule.

I don't like Matt Law and I am sure his agenda is to just mock Spurs and Spurs fans so on that point, I do agree, it's clearly him just being a wanker.

But his underlying point and the facts presented are still accurate.

That's what Levy said though, he said he thought we were the greatest club in the world, it's worthy of mockery because we don't BEHAVE like the greatest club in the world, it was a soulless corporate response from Levy worthy of ridicule.

I don't like Matt Law and I am sure his agenda is to just mock Spurs and Spurs fans so on that point, I do agree, it's clearly him just being a wanker.

But his underlying point and the facts presented are still accurate.
You can’t mock a tongue in cheek comment. Levy wasn’t seriously there arguing we’re the greatest club in the world like we’re Real Madrid not something.

To use that flippant comment as the hook in your piece is a cunty thing to do . You didn’t need the rest of your post - it’s just Matt Law being a wanker and fuck him.

Do you disagree with what he has written though?
Nope. But as has been said by LeParisien LeParisien , his constant digs because of one comment got a bit grating.

What else is he supposed to say in response to that?

He came out previously and said that winning was hard - perfectly factual - and was coated off on here due to that. Now he’s saying we are the greatest club and he’ll get the same. Nothing he can say these days that won’t be picked up by ENIC Out to further their agenda.

My only agenda is supporting the football club, no matter who owns it, manages it or plays for it.

But is he wrong in what he has written?

Are Spurs supporters supposed to ignore truth/facts and suppress their emotional responses just so they don't come across as "miserable" I don't get the angle tbh.

Like, in a perfect world, how do you believe Spurs supporters should be behaving right now? What would make you happy?

You seem to hold contrarian viewpoints and enjoy almost mocking people for having an opinion on the state of the club; taking joy in seeing people make effortless attempts to create change because you have a nihilistic view of the situation, I just don't understand what pleasure you can derive from that tbh.

I don't disagree with you by the way entirely, I do feel that ultimately no matter what the supporters do, Levy will only leave on his own terms, not because of any frustration from supporters, so ultimately shouting into the void of a forum and online is utterly pointless, I also don't understand getting joy from mocking those who do as a outlet for their frustrations?

Is he doing it to enlighten fans or purely because he is trying to increase his engagement and traffic therefore pocketing from the misery? He's not wrong but is he adding anything we don't already know? And let's be real Levy wasn't being serious when he said that yet Law has decided to lead with that in his article for clicks.

Matt Law is a first class hack, there's absolutely 0 skill in writing hit pieces like these, he's worked out how the Anti Spurs algorithm works and profiteering off the clicks, fantastic - That doesn't mean that people ought to keep reading into his nonsense because all it does is feed back into the narrative of this club being Spursy and by believing these articles fans are just indirectly helping push that narrative even more.

Ultimately I wished this fanbase actually stopped bemoaning the state of the club by reading and sharing these types of articles because it's not making an iota of difference in the way the club is being ran - in a perfect world I'd prefer our fanbase to actually do something about it but nothing has convinced me that the fans actually want change, no amount of booing players or ENIC out hashtags on social media will change that.

I actually don't get any joy from those who are genuine about the ENIC out sentiment, I wish them all the best, it's the Internet Gangstas and the self entitled nutjobs who can't be arsed to get off their arses and don't attend marches or even try but cry behind their computer screen, it seems to me that alot of people say they want the owners out but do they really mean it, I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
You can’t mock a tongue in cheek comment. Levy wasn’t seriously there arguing we’re the greatest club in the world like we’re Real Madrid not something.

To use that flippant comment as the hook in your piece is a cunty thing to do . You didn’t need the rest of your post - it’s just Matt Law being a wanker and fuck him.

Levy even saying it tongue in cheek is insulting if I am completely honest, considering the way the football side of the club has been operated over the last few years, it really isn't something to even be joked about, it just comes across as tonedeaf.

And you can't tell me for one second that Levy was mocking his own failures with that comment, especially after the smoke he blows up his own arse mere minutes later.

It was an absurd thing to say, tongue in cheek or not and is worthy of mockery because it shows he is completely out of touch with how supporters feel about the club right now.

And yes, the general feeling around the club and the chairman specifically is not good, it's not just a small pocket on a forum, that doesn't mean everyone wants Levy out but the wider sentiment seems to be that people want him away from the footballing decisions.

Whilst I agree that Matt Law has clearly used that quote as a stick to beat the club with in nefarious ways I also don't think what he says is inaccurate in the article if you ignore that.

You yourself say that we should deal with facts, there are facts being presented in the article.

The emotional response to him being a prick and using the tongue in cheek comment as clickbait and a way to mock the club is really irrelevant and little more than tribalism.

Levy even saying it tongue in cheek is insulting if I am completely honest, considering the way the football side of the club has been operated over the last few years, it really isn't something to even be joked about, it just comes across as tonedeaf.

And you can't tell me for one second that Levy was mocking his own failures with that comment, especially after the smoke he blows up his own arse mere minutes later.

It was an absurd thing to say, tongue in cheek or not and is worthy of mockery because it shows he is completely out of touch with how supporters feel about the club right now.

And yes, the general feeling around the club and the chairman specifically is not good, it's not just a small pocket on a forum, that doesn't mean everyone wants Levy out but the wider sentiment seems to be that people want him away from the footballing decisions.

Whilst I agree that Matt Law has clearly used that quote as a stick to beat the club with in nefarious ways I also don't think what he says is inaccurate in the article if you ignore that.

You yourself say that we should deal with facts, there are facts being presented in the article.

The emotional response to him being a prick and using the tongue in cheek comment as clickbait and a way to mock the club is really irrelevant and little more than tribalism.
Have you ever sang along to Glory Glory at a match? Do you believe every word? Do you feel tone deaf when doing it?

Nope. But as has been said by LeParisien LeParisien , his constant digs because of one comment got a bit grating.

What else is he supposed to say in response to that?

He came out previously and said that winning was hard - perfectly factual - and was coated off on here due to that. Now he’s saying we are the greatest club and he’ll get the same. Nothing he can say these days that won’t be picked up by ENIC Out to further their agenda.

My only agenda is supporting the football club, no matter who owns it, manages it or plays for it.
I agree but his digs are little more than what any other journalist does to the club now, there is a wider agenda against the club and has been for years but it's because there are a lot of rival supporters in journalistic positions writing about us.

I don't think it was smart for Levy to say that, even tongue in cheek as I have outlined above to LeParisien LeParisien I think the best response he could have given was that he sees the future potential of the club to be one of the biggest in the world but there is still lots of work to accomplish.

I don't buy into this agenda stuff either, sure, you have extremist factions in every walk of life that have agenda driven narratives just for the sake of it.

But I think a lot of what you are seeing are just frustrated supporters venting emotionally and hoping for change and they don't believe the current chairman is capable of overseeing that change.

I think outside of a handful of people, both Levy in/ Levy out all make pretty relevant points and I think one side simply believes hope is lost and the other side believes that things can still change and I think that mindset is simply down to the level of tolerance and individual has.

Is he doing it to enlighten fans or purely because he is trying to increase his engagement and traffic therefore pocketing from the misery? He's not wrong but is he adding anything we don't already know? And let's be real Levy wasn't being serious when he said that yet Law has decided to lead with that in his article for clicks.

Matt Law is a first class hack, there's absolutely 0 skill in writing hit pieces like these, he's worked out how the Anti Spurs algorithm works and profiteering off the clicks, fantastic - That doesn't mean that people ought to keep reading into his nonsense because all it does is feed back into the narrative of this club being Spursy and by believing these articles fans are just indirectly helping push that narrative even more.

Ultimately I wished this fanbase actually stopped bemoaning the state of the club by reading and sharing these types of articles because it's not making an iota of difference in the way the club is being ran - in a perfect world I'd prefer our fanbase to actually do something about it but nothing has convinced me that the fans actually want change, no amount of booing players or ENIC out hastags on social media will change that.

I actually don't get any joy from those who are genuine about the ENIC out sentiment, I wish them all the best, it's the Internet Gangstas and the self entitled nutjobs who can't be arsed to get off their arses and don't attend marches or even try but cry behind their computer screen, it seems to me that alot of people say they want the owners out but do they really mean it, I'm not so sure.
I can't disagree with what you are saying because I actually agree with the majority of it but at the same time I can't disagree with the evidence of failure Matt Law presents in his article either.

Even if I do feel, just like you, it's self serving click bait.

I also agree with you and your frustrations around the acceptance and malaise our fanbase shows whilst also constantly bemoaning the ownership, it's the equivalent of someone saying "I will tell him EXACTLY how I feel next time I see him" only to stay silent and do nothing.

I mean, even I myself have been guilty of this, emotionally responding to the ownership but at the same time I do feel that if someone was to truly organise something which I feel would make a change, I would attend or partake.

Truth is though, I don't think anything will make a difference at this point, I just kind of feel emotionally detached from the whole situation now.

Are we the greatest team the world has ever seen?

Of course not, I understand what you are saying but I just think it shows insensitivity to the current situation for the sitting chairman (who has created our current situation) to be saying such a thing.

Emotional supporters and tribalism, yes I can expect that sort of thing but from a chairman I would prefer to see leadership and a concise plan, not soundbites which come across as a corporate suit trying to pander to whom he considers the troglodytes.

Have you ever sang along to Glory Glory at a match? Do you believe every word? Do you feel tone deaf when doing it?

Indeed and just for context because people clearly don't like context in this thread he responded to a cheeky Woolwich fan who asked him the question 'What do you think of Tottenham' we all know how that chant goes so what would people prefer him to answer the question with?

It was merely a cheeky answer to a cheeky question but people want to read into it as if he had some sort of sinister agenda behind it, shock CEO tries to publicly paint his business in a good light lol

So all this to spawn a BS hit piece article from a hack who couldn't give too shits about our club and the fans once again lap it up, brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom