Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So serial winning managers and serial winning DOF’s win nothing at Spurs . I wonder if there is a common denominator over the last 23 years ..

Confused Thinking GIF

If they keep selling tickets at high prices and the Premier League retains its massive brand (which sees the value of all the established clubs go up and up), then our board don't give a fuck. As long as we stay safely in the top half, get in the Champions League every other season as one of the other teams has a dip, they are happy. Mission accomplished. Cups? They don't care.

Imagine if you, as a Spurs fan, was in Levy's position this season, before the Sheff Utd game. You'd tell Conte that you don't care about the other competitions, we can't/ain't good enough to win them, so you send out the team v Sheff Utd like your fucking life depends on it, we want the cup this season. Obviously, managers at this club get told the opposite - "try for top 4, the other stuff is a bonus but doesn't really matter."

They got rid of Pochettino after giving him no players for 18 months then got in 3 pragmatic counterattacking managers (counter to the ethos of the club, and directly what they said they would avoid appointing publicly) and didnt back them either. We also now have a DOF whose main strength is the Italian market which he is no longer allowed to operate in because of criminal proceeedings. We spent all January chasing a £40M marquee signing at right back (when we had two on the books, admittedly not as good) to fit a managers system who they know is leaving in a few months. Wtf?

Where exactly do they go from here?

Poch. Its Poch and only Poch. Pin it all on him for the next couple of years when it all goes tits up. This lot are cowards of the highest order.

He spent fortunes on shit players with bad managers not suited for us.

If the stupid cunt had given poch a third of what he’s wasted since we’d be definitely better off now and with an experienced manager.

We start all over again with poch. Thats fine. But we still have levy meddling.

So serial winning managers and serial winning DOF’s win nothing at Spurs . I wonder if there is a common denominator over the last 23 years ..

We'll be the first club that both Mourinho and Conte have failed to win a trophy with.
But some fans are happy cos we're building some fucking Karting track...

Bizarre

Don't go to the games. Empty stadium unsold beer and pies is the only way to hurt and get it through to these cunts. If you keep the money rolling in for them they do not give a fuck.

Is there anyone left willing to defend this shit?
Not sure there’ll be anyone defending any aspect of the club after tonight. There’s probably still a few, like me, whilst pissed off at being beaten tonight and another season without a trophy, accept that fighting for top four and a decent run in Europe is probably where we are right now. And I personally lay a lot more of the blame for tonight and recent performances at the feet of the players and manager than I do the owners.

I’d imagine others who think like me, if there are any, probably don’t believe it’s worth their while saying so, as they’ll just get shouted down on here. This thread is dominated by about 15 posters. 10 of which want Levy and ENIC gone, no matter what and a few who think they’ve done both good and bad. I don’t know a single poster who hasn’t criticised aspects of the running of the club, no matter the calls of ENIC Lovers, etc.

We have good enough players to win these matches. Our manager should be good enough to improve these players, provide tactical direction and instil a winning mentality. But, it’s not happening. I’m at a loss to explain why, but we are certainly at a crossroads here. Either the owners pony up with some strong investment in the squad in the summer, tie the manager down to a longer contract and get rid of all the behind the scenes bollocks. Or, rip it up and start again. Christ knows where their thinking is right now.

Don't go to the games. Empty stadium unsold beer and pies is the only way to hurt and get it through to these cunts. If you keep the money rolling in for them they do not give a fuck.
Exactly this. If anyone isn’t happy, do something constructive. Join the demo on Saturday, don’t go to games, walkout during a match, start a petition. Do something!

The only protest a fan has that really makes any difference is to stop giving the club money.

I'd love to see a mass boycott of the next home game as a warning shot fired at the board for what will come if they don't buck their ideas up or, better yet, fuck off.

Exactly this. If anyone isn’t happy, do something constructive. Join the demo on Saturday, don’t go to games, walkout during a match, start a petition. Do something!
My mate was begging me to go to forest this weekend I told him flat out I'm not going to that shit. I'm not lining those cunts pockets and paying those prices and being charged for champagne and being served luke warm piss.

It just won't happen mate. Look at Newcastle and Man utd. They sold / sell out their stadiums week in / week out despite their hatred of the owners.

I'm resigned to the fact they're here for ever and I'll be spending my remaining time in this world typing posts like this in the Levy / ENIC thread

:memeokay:

Aside from investing in a squad revamp, I’d say Levy needs a complete revamp of our footballing setup (not convinced that Paratici is the answer…) and stay the fuck away, but can he stop himself from wanting to still hold the reins and meddling in it?

It just won't happen mate. Look at Newcastle and Man utd. They sold / sell out their stadiums week in / week out despite their hatred of the owners.

I'm resigned to the fact they're here for ever and I'll be spending my remaining time in this world typing posts like this in the Levy / ENIC thread

:memeokay:
I know one of the main reasons I didn't really want the new stadium. Now we're only available to a certain type of buyer due to the price of the club so there's no chance of getting Leicester type owners that want to come in and actually win things. In all honesty I hate this new stadium and miss whl because to me it's taken us away from being a football club first and foremost. Right now as much as I'd be angry and it would hurt I'd take the club going into complete free fall if it means enic will sell up.

Back
Top Bottom