Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure, it's based on sound financial planning. But it's still debt that has to be repaid.

I don't think it's as much as £1.5bn though, I saw estimates of £1.1bn
So to build a shiny new stadium would you prefer to save upfront and pay cash? All the time the price of land and materials climb, or do what the rest of the world does and get a loan as cheap as possible to enable you to do it now, making additional income to service the loan 🤷‍♂️

I was just watching this one

I need to see a bit more before I form my own judgment, but it's nice to have a YouTuber who doesn't shout and actually takes time to explain their POV.

Exactly. I’m sick of these Youtubers who ‘rant’ for views, and think that it is an effective way to get their point across. It’s not.

I’m gutted things haven’t worked out, mostly for my own personal reasons but I feel some people aren’t stepping back to look at the big picture.

I’m certainly not pro Levy but to say he’s a shit business man is insane, if you look at ENIC’s investments and see their returns they are pretty exceptional.

Turning around a shagged football club isn’t easy, history is littered with clubs that have tried and failed. So whilst Levy might not be a ‘footballing’ man he has been running, developing and learning about football most days for the last 20 years, not just a couple of hours here and there on football manager. Get a grip, he probably knows more about commercial sports than most of us combined.

for sure he’s made mistakes, Jose probably being one of the most recent, I hated him for selling some of our previous stars but were lower down the food chain than some other clubs, to think otherwise is delusional.

this last two years have been painful beyond words, levy plays a part in this but I can also see how complex his job is and appreciate the progress we’ve made that will enable us to compete - eventually

It should have been sorted a considerable way before Covid. It’s not hindsight . I along with many others feared he was overcooking it when we started playing there without a sponsor.
Let’s be honest he has a history of thinking he is smarter than everyone else , at least that is how I see it

Actually, come to think of it - I have to agree that he takes to long to make decisions, it has happened too many times over small amounts. However we don’t always know how accurate the reports are (transfers).

I think his plan was to run a season with fans plus NFL, concerts and events and then present the stadium to the rich men. It could have worked and didn’t.

Now, we have to look again. To be honest, it should be possible to land a great deal for the rights.

I was just watching this one

I need to see a bit more before I form my own judgment, but it's nice to have a YouTuber who doesn't shout and actually takes time to explain their POV.

A hero in that sense. If only the internet world (and politics) was more with people like him. I hope that the next generations will see the value in this kind of critics in contrary to shouting cheap political points.

Re: naming sponsor for the stadium we were unlucky with Covid. Hopefully, as the optimism comes back we‘ll be able to strike a deal. Would help us a lot.
Why do you think that Covid makes any difference in other ways that the potential value is now much lesser. We had years in advance to pull our fingers out but Levy just couldn't be arsed (or beeing way too greedy and overestimated our value as a club).

It’s 800m including the latest 250m to pay off the 175m Bank of England loan. Approx 2.6% over a period up to 30 yrs. mere bagatelle.
Yes for the stadium, apparently there's more, see below. I presume that's all manageable but is clearly going to have an effect on transfer war chests

Tottenham's gross debt totals £831million, with £140million owed in transfer debt, £96million in tax debt, £9million in trade creditors and £102million in other creditors equalling the total of £1.177bn.

www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/daniel-levy-tottenham-stadium-debt-19804839.amp

Last edited:
So Spurs have received planning permission for a new extreme sports complex to be built next to the stadium.

Happy days!!

:roseunsure:

Pass Go, don’t forget to collect your £200
juego monopoly GIF

Back
Top Bottom