Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As ever, things are mostly not black or white, but different shades of grey.

I have yet to receive a decent reply to this, but if it’s Levy and ENIC out, who is in?

It‘s fine to say that something doesn’t work, but you need a solid suggestion what the alternative is. „Anyone“ is not a viable suggestion.
Why on earth do you expect anyone on here to know who or who might not be interested in buying football club you big soppy fuck bucket. What do you expect them to do, go raking through the rich list, oh no hang on, let's just Google it, Google will tell us.

As ever, things are mostly not black or white, but different shades of grey.

I have yet to receive a decent reply to this, but if it’s Levy and ENIC out, who is in?

It‘s fine to say that something doesn’t work, but you need a solid suggestion what the alternative is. „Anyone“ is not a viable suggestion.

Next thing is that we will be bloody expensive to buy. Can’t see anyone other than a state (shock fucking horror) to buy us.

We have made great progress the last ten years, reaching several finals and semifinals. With a bit more luck we would have sat here with more trophies. It wasn’t to be and now we have to build the next team. This one isn’t capable (yes, with a cool Höjbjerg finish we could have won the League Cup).

Apart from ESL and Stratford (most likely as part of the negotiation tactics to press more money out of Tottenham and Haringey they have made several smaller mistakes as well.

They should have invested more and better in the years we were flying (15-18) where we arguably were England’s best team.

I believe that Enic‘s plan has been to build the foundation for us to compete financially. That we would struggle to compete during the build of the stadium isn’t of big surprise, but it was a step necessary to do, as we want to challenge at the top.

Financially we are doing very well, and yes I know that’s not why we are fans. It will be much better though. We will receive money from concerts, NFL, boxing, events etc and this will help US further. With fans back we will have a staggering income.

A big chunk of the money will go to player investment and wages. We will slowly turn into a big player.

I respect those with another view, but I think we were unlucky Poch came 5 years top early. Now, we must hope Paratici and co can rebuild what’s been lost.

I’ll stick in here. Remember how it felt when Sherwood was in charge. Our turn will come guys - and imagine how that will feel.

Apart from the hand-waving of the terrible behaviour that ENIC and Levy have shown towards ambitions on the pitch your entire post can be summarised into one sentence.

"Guys, we need to be patient! We don't want to do a Leeds or be a Saudi plaything! Just believe in the project!"

I have some questions for you though...

• is 20 years of ownership not patient enough?

• How about 13 years since we last won a trophy?

• How much longer should we wait? What is an acceptable waiting period for success? Another 20 years? Another decade?

• What evidence do you have that the stadium revenue will be reinvested into the team and will manifest into us being a "big player" other than Daniel Levy's word?

I mean, Levy has continued to lie throughout his tenure, even in his most recent video claiming every penny gets reinvested back into the "TEAM" not club, "TEAM" was the specific word he used and we all know that isn't true because if it was, why did we go two entire windows not spending a penny on the team?

So why would you believe him?

Why would you believe someone who tried to drag our club, behind the supporters backs, into the ESL?

Someone who tried to move us out of NL?

Someone who has shown countless times he doesn't care and has even admitted in the past, in his own words, that he doesn't give a shit about football and just sees it as a vehicle for profit generation?

You really trust this guy and Joe Lewis (who has put fuck all into the club) when they say there is some sort of long term plan for the club to be successful on the pitch?

Every bit of evidence suggests the only long term plan they have is infrastructure and profit!

They don't even know how to appoint a manager without it being a circus, they say we don't have money, then they approach Conte...

Also, the Mourinho appointment was for the Amazon documentary (love a bit of that Amazon money) and nothing else, everyone can see that now surely?

They are shameful and they are pulling the wool over our supporters eyes and the fact that people STILL defend them shows just how good the strategy is working.

Last edited:
Why on earth do you expect anyone on here to know who or who might not be interested in buying football club you big soppy fuck bucket. What do you expect them to do, go raking through the rich list, oh no hang on, let's just Google it, Google will tell us.

„You big soppy fuck bucket?“

And you expect me to enter at that level of discussion? Cheers.

Apart from the hand-waving of the terrible behaviour that ENIC and Levy have shown towards ambitions on the pitch your entire post can be summarised into one sentence.

"Guys, we need to be patient! We don't want to do a Leeds or be a Saudi plaything! Just believe in the project!"

I have some questions for you though...

• is 20 years of ownership not patient enough?

• How about 13 years since we last won a trophy?

• How much longer should we wait? What is an acceptable waiting period for success? Another 20 years? Another decade?

• What evidence do you have that the stadium revenue will be reinvested into the team and will manifest into us being a "big player" other than Daniel Levy's word?

I mean, Levy has continued to lie throughout his tenure, even in his most recent video claiming every penny gets reinvested back into the "TEAM" not club, "TEAM" was the specific word he used and we all know that isn't true because if it was, why did we go two entire windows not spending a penny on the team?

So why would you believe him?

Why would you believe someone who tried to drag our club, behind the supporters backs, into the ESL?

Someone who tried to move us out of NL?

Someone who has shown countless times he doesn't care and has even admitted in the past, in his own words, that he doesn't give a shit about football and just sees it as a vehicle for profit generation?

You really trust this guy and Joe Lewis (who has put fuck all into the club) when they say there is some sort of long term plan for the club to be successful on the pitch?

Every bit of evidence suggests the only long term plan they have is infrastructure and profit!

They don't even know how to appoint a manager without it being a circus, they say we don't have money, then they approach Conte...

Also, the Mourinho appointment was for the Amazon documentary (love a bit of that Amazon money) and nothing else, everyone can see that now surely?

They are shameful and they are pulling the wool over our supporters eyes and the fact that people STILL defend them shows just how good the strategy is working.
You make several good points, which I agree with.

I don’t have a crystal ball ahead of me, so I don’t know how long we have to be patient. Maybe Paratici und fonseca work, maybe the next ones. We all want it sooner rather than later, but if not - we just have to see. In the meantime I want to enjoy my football team - the failure with Jose hindered that.

This trophies count is a bit silly. It’s not like we had a fantastic time between 2015-19, trophies not all there is, but we should have won something. From the amount of finals and semis we would have, with a bit more luck, making sure we prioritised the right tournaments (Poch didn’t like the domestic cups).

There are multiple reasons why we didn’t win anything every season. It’s not like 2008 was a massive season, but we all want that back, not how shit we were in the league or the 2 points from 8 games that followed.

We build the training centre and the stadium, both world class and we were less able to spend. Last summer we spent around 100 million, unfortunately they were not all successful in the end. Add money from various events and our own match income I believe we will invest more. We couldn’t before because of the above. I don’t have proof, but I do believe we will invest when the money is there.

Whatever lies behind it, whether levy is a supporter or not, I do believe that the best way for their investment to thrive is to be successful on the pitch, look at the gooners how it’s not supposed to be done. Enic know that they need to change things after the Mou fiasco. Paratici is a start, we will be waiting for the rest..

I've always been quite neutral on Levy/ENIC but like others I am starting to turn on the project. The appointment of Mourinho - who I was fully prepared to back, if you can be arsed to check - didn't pan out well of course but I think there's a certain sort of fan probably driven by the cliches of the likes of the Athletic and Twitter comment that wished it was down to him and a managerial change would sort it all out. In fact JM - who was of course appointed, and paid handsomely, due to Levy - was a symptom not a cause. We also have

An ageing squad
Poor scouting
Lack of squad churn
The failure to back Poch
The players gradual disillusionment at not winning anything

It's all pretty deep rooted and I would suggest at the very least - and this is assuming a level of goodwill - ENIC/Levy have big questions to answer. The recent video from Levy was pretty pathetic but if there was one good thing about it is that there is at least signs of awareness of the fan voice.

"Nice sweater, is that cashmere?"

But the debt is actually an asset that is making (or will) more money than we had before we acquired it.

So there is no need or excuse to act like having the debt should make us poor. We're actually richer for having it.
Sure, it's based on sound financial planning. But it's still debt that has to be repaid.

I don't think it's as much as £1.5bn though, I saw estimates of £1.1bn

Re: naming sponsor for the stadium we were unlucky with Covid. Hopefully, as the optimism comes back we‘ll be able to strike a deal. Would help us a lot.

I seem to remember us hiring a man especially for this task this spring?

Sure, in hindsight all deals should have been secured before Covid. But no one knew it would come and have such a dramatic consequences for economy.
It should have been sorted a considerable way before Covid. It’s not hindsight . I along with many others feared he was overcooking it when we started playing there without a sponsor.
Let’s be honest he has a history of thinking he is smarter than everyone else , at least that is how I see it

It should have been sorted a considerable way before Covid. It’s not hindsight . I along with many others feared he was overcooking it when we started playing there without a sponsor.
Let’s be honest he has a history of thinking he is smarter than everyone else , at least that is how I see it
Agreed. He couldn't predict a pandemic around the corner but he should have seen the team was getting worse and that 2019 period after just moving in to the stadium was going to be our high water mark for a while and also the naming rights would have helped with a rebuild. He probably dithered because of the Amazon doc and thinking that would make us more marketable. The whole thing is the sponsorship version of us trying to buy Jack Grealish. Think we're clever, drag things on, try and squeeze every penny......whoops too late.

Agreed. He couldn't predict a pandemic around the corner but he should have seen the team was getting worse and that 2019 period after just moving in to the stadium was going to be our high water mark for a while and also the naming rights would have helped with a rebuild. He probably dithered because of the Amazon doc and thinking that would make us more marketable. The whole thing is the sponsorship version of us trying to buy Jack Grealish. Think we're clever, drag things on, try and squeeze every penny......whoops too late.
Exactly.

No one knew COVID was coming but all that was required was a little imagination and forward planning.

Levy trying to get the biggest ever naming rights deal pre covid is gonna keep him awake every single night.
He'll never get that nor as much as anything offered previously now.

Greed bites.

Back
Top Bottom