Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No mate, football is not measured in trophies. Just like life is not measured in money. If you (not you personally, no offence intended) want titles go support Man City etc.
Late to it and foreign though I may be, I'm Spurs and that's the end of it. And I also have contempt for the way City and Chelsea and PSG have distorted the playing field of the game and would strongly support action to bring things into better balance.

But on a sporting level I have total respect for Man City. They are a well-crafted machine totally committed to winning. And while just dominating year after year becomes hollow whether it's Fergie's homegrown kids or City's endless riches, I don't think they have anything to be ashamed of. The sport should have stopped them, but they didn't.

When I sat as a ST holder in the NWHL I was surrounded by people who either didn't know what they were watching or were screaming vile abuse at players on their own team for making a mistake.

None of this is Levy's fault.
It is though. Levy made Tottenham the property of the entitled, overpriced prawn sandwich brigade.

In his defense, it was that or relegation battles. The modern world has made us choose between artistry and brilliance on the one hand and the organic connection between a club and its community on the other.

But that's my point, Levy has very clearly and very aggressively chosen one side of that coin. He's DRIVEN the sport and the club in that direction.

20 years 1 poxy league cup and the constant presence in that abject failure is Levy, Lewis and Enic. It's been a fucking disastrous tenure and before you go on about what these pricks have done for us remember virtually every other chairman/company that have been in charge of spurs have won more in a lot less time and havent fleeced the fans like levy has.

I support Tottenham Hotspur FC and the last decent trophy was 1991 under Alan Sugar FFS. I dont support Levy, Lewis or Enic

I couldn't give a shit about the new shiny stadium, it's no good if the team that play in it are shite.

Every season it's the same (apart from lucking out with Poch) - win nothing sell the best players, pretend to go for world class players/managers fuck up and penny pinch the aledged deal and then tell the fans they tried. We end up with has been like Saha and fucking neilson - cheap options. They never backed Pochettino when we desperately needed it and look at where we are now.

They dont care and I cannot understand anyone who gives them any credit for the footballing side of things.
Archie do you genuinely believe that "pretend to go for world class players/managers fuck up and penny pinch the aledged deal and then tell the fans they tried".

You honestly think Levy et al are 'pretending' to buy players and then deliberately failing so as to con the supporters and save money? really??

I do agree with you that Poch should have been backed - that's how it looked & felt to me too.

But there would have been a hundred and one financial reasons why the Board decided it had a limit on spend, none of which you or I know anything about.

Late to it and foreign though I may be, I'm Spurs and that's the end of it. And I also have contempt for the way City and Chelsea and PSG have distorted the playing field of the game and would strongly support action to bring things into better balance.

But on a sporting level I have total respect for Man City. They are a well-crafted machine totally committed to winning. And while just dominating year after year becomes hollow whether it's Fergie's homegrown kids or City's endless riches, I don't think they have anything to be ashamed of. The sport should have stopped them, but they didn't.

It is though. Levy made Tottenham the property of the entitled, overpriced prawn sandwich brigade.

In his defense, it was that or relegation battles. The modern world has made us choose between artistry and brilliance on the one hand and the organic connection between a club and its community on the other.

But that's my point, Levy has very clearly and very aggressively chosen one side of that coin. He's DRIVEN the sport and the club in that direction.
Your age and nationality have nothing to do with the validity of your opinions - your opinions are welcome.

Archie do you genuinely believe that "pretend to go for world class players/managers fuck up and penny pinch the aledged deal and then tell the fans they tried".

You honestly think Levy et al are 'pretending' to buy players and then deliberately failing so as to con the supporters and save money? really??

I do agree with you that Poch should have been backed - that's how it looked & felt to me too.

But there would have been a hundred and one financial reasons why the Board decided it had a limit on spend, none of which you or I know anything about.
It happens too often to be a coincidence with Mr Levy.
Why talk to Conte, knowing how the guy works and knowing he needs funds for his 'Project'
When your not going to give him what he wants. It's a waste of time and makes spurs look unprofessional and cheap.

Yes, I truly believe that they 'pretend'. Or at least go into these negotiations knowing full well that it's HIGHLY unlikely to be successful.

ENIC thrive on the momentum it's given them by temporarily appeasing fans. Unfortunately they've been stupid enough to play the same trick one too many times now and the fans have become savvy to their predictable workings.

20 years 1 poxy league cup and the constant presence in that abject failure is Levy, Lewis and Enic. It's been a fucking disastrous tenure and before you go on about what these pricks have done for us remember virtually every other chairman/company that have been in charge of spurs have won more in a lot less time and havent fleeced the fans like levy has.

I support Tottenham Hotspur FC and the last decent trophy was 1991 under Alan Sugar FFS. I dont support Levy, Lewis or Enic

I couldn't give a shit about the new shiny stadium, it's no good if the team that play in it are shite.

Every season it's the same (apart from lucking out with Poch) - win nothing sell the best players, pretend to go for world class players/managers fuck up and penny pinch the aledged deal and then tell the fans they tried. We end up with has been like Saha and fucking neilson - cheap options. They never backed Pochettino when we desperately needed it and look at where we are now.

They dont care and I cannot understand anyone who gives them any credit for the footballing side of things.
I don't think that anyone has given them credit on the football side recently.
As in the last 2 or 3 years or so.

I also support Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. I do not support Levy, or Enic.
Some claim to support the club, whilst, at the same time, slag off everything to do with the club. Owners (fair enough), managers, coaches and players.
That's not for me.

Also in his defence, that's modern football.
I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.
Roy Keane made his famous "prawn sandwich Brigade" years ago re Utd.
So it's not just us.

Also in his defence, that's modern football.
I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.
Yeah, I forgive Levy for being who and what he is and putting the club at the apex of the football business.

What I cannot forgive is doing that and not competing for trophies on the field the way we compete for commercial deals in the boardroom.

To absolutely refuse anything but the best for a stadium naming rights deal, but to be totally content to let Antonio Conte walk away is something none of us should accept.

Yeah, I forgive Levy for being who and what he is and putting the club at the apex of the football business.

What I cannot forgive is doing that and not competing for trophies on the field the way we compete for commercial deals in the boardroom.

To absolutely refuse anything but the best for a stadium naming rights deal, but to be totally content to let Antonio Conte walk away is something none of us should accept.
Yep.
Two of my main complaints.
Top 4 being the ultimate goal and the naming rights.

Although I still maintain that if you have a regular top 4 squad then you should be capable of picking up trophies on the way.

No, what I want to see is 11 British lads (absolutely irrespective or race, creed, colour or sexuality) play attacking football that become international superstars and win the PL and all play for England. I don't want mediocrity I'm just sick of watching foreign mercenaries trot about wearing the shirt but not giving a fuck about the badge.

I don't understand how you can say this and talk about the academy and then support Levy who has done nothing to make this happen.

He could, and should, bring someone in that could run a proper football set up from the top down, including the academy, like Chelsea does a team you don't want us to be like, but instead he refuses to give up power and instead badly mismanages our academy so that it produces very few players of quality or that can be brought into the senior team.

If you want that you should want Levy out, so that we can get someone who will run the club properly and you can get more academy guys in the club, you will never get your 11 man dream,

Yep.
Two of my main complaints.
Top 4 being the ultimate goal and the naming rights.

Although I still maintain that if you have a regular top 4 squad then you should be capable of picking up trophies on the way.

Its the only way to pick up trophies regularly.

Sure we will have an Woolwich from last year fluking it out or 5th place Leicester getting one but for the most part the trophies are being won by top 4 teams.

Decent reply - appreciated.
And I do pop down the park - or in my case my local non-league club - but they all dive and cheat just like they see on the telly, only with less skill; and they're not Spurs.

No, what I want to see is 11 British lads (absolutely irrespective or race, creed, colour or sexuality) play attacking football that become international superstars and win the PL and all play for England. I don't want mediocrity I'm just sick of watching foreign mercenaries trot about wearing the shirt but not giving a fuck about the badge.

In other words, I prefer supporting Danny Rose, Eric Dier and Harry Winks to Lo Celso & N'Dombele. And I want to see Parrott and Skipp and the rest come through. On the other hand, I've loved Hugo, Toby, Jan & even EricL, so I'm not very consistent.

Foreign players are a massive part of Spurs history and tradition though. We're the club of Ardilles, Villa and Klinsmann. We were one of the first English clubs to do the 'glamour' foreign signing.

Foreign players are a massive part of Spurs history and tradition though. We're the club of Ardilles, Villa and Klinsmann. We were one of the first English clubs to do the 'glamour' foreign signing.
Yeah it’s a tough one.

“80’s Serie A” is kinda the sweet spot you’d like to hit with a sprinkling of brilliant foreign talent spread over all the teams in a fundamentally domestic, community rooted league. But it’s hard for that to be a stable equilibrium.

The extractive colonial relationship with South America that makes that possible isn’t the greatest either.

No mate, football is not measured in trophies. Just like life is not measured in money. If you (not you personally, no offence intended) want titles go support Man City etc.
Why should I or anyone else have to go and support another club if we want titles?

With respect, thats an incredibly patronising statement to make.

Why shouldn't I support the club I have supported all my life, and who my father and Grandfather before him always supported and still want titles?

Our history has always been about aiming for the biggest prizes.

I would never suggest to you that if you just want to see academy and home grown British lads to go and support Barnet!

And I do pop down the park - or in my case my local non-league club - but they all dive and cheat just like they see on the telly, only with less skill; and they're not Spurs.

No, what I want to see is 11 British lads (absolutely irrespective or race, creed, colour or sexuality) play attacking football that become international superstars and win the PL and all play for England. I don't want mediocrity I'm just sick of watching foreign mercenaries trot about wearing the shirt but not giving a fuck about
blatant i'm a racist gammon, and a little bit gay too :avbnaa:

In other words, I prefer supporting Danny Rose, Eric Dier and Harry Winks to Lo Celso & N'Dombele. And I want to see Parrott and Skipp and the rest come through. On the other hand, I've loved Hugo, Toby, Jan & even EricL, so I'm not very consistent.
Freak

FFS.

It's out there, they don't care about winning trophies. That should be on their headstone.

How the fuck can anyone still support Levy and ENIC is beyond me.

A new manager should've been appointed weeks ago. Plans for next season should be in place. Transfers, in and out of the club, should've stated by now.

They have no clue. They have no ambition. They need to look for a buyer and sell up before things become even worse. At the very least Levy should be removed or step down or sell his stake in the club and use it to buy a big fucking yacht and fuck off to Uncle Joe.

They're taking us for a fucking ride and it's time we woke the hell up.
Best post of the last few days.

In all seriousness this is the most revealing sentence above:

Plans for next season should be in place. Transfers, in and out of the club, should've started by now.

This is exactly on the money, its what I've been saying the last few weeks and its also how we all know they don't have a clue and nothing is about to change.

Best post of the last few days.

In all seriousness this is the most revealing sentence above:

Plans for next season should be in place. Transfers, in and out of the club, should've started by now.

This is exactly on the money, its what I've been saying the last few weeks and its also how we all know they don't have a clue and nothing is about to change.
Absolutely, with the Euro's there isn't much time to waste. We'll get players in late in the window and then we'll hear they didn't get a full pre-season and haven't settled yet etc. It's all become depressingly predictable.

British lads? I've not see many players care about Tottenham like Ossie Ardiles or many care less than say Jason Dozzell. Campbell was a home grown British lad and treated us with more contempt than any player we've ever had. Oh and Parrott is from the Republic of Ireland and they tend to not like being called British for some strange reason.

Back
Top Bottom