Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please no! Can you imagine the hilarious Mickey Mouse memes?

Not to mention Disney's execrable aesthetic. Check out the logo for the Anaheim Ducks, their NHL franchise...

220px-Mighty_Ducks_of_Anaheim_Logo.svg.png
Sneak peek of our new logo...
latest

There's a rumor going courtesy of Moneyweek that Disney is looking to buy Spurs in 2018.

Fucking Disney. That would certainly make us a financial powerhouse but obviously opens up for some questions.

Would they sell Kane to make money back on the purchase?

Would they back Poch?

Would Chirpy get a show on the Disney Channel?

I just read the article, it's not in the slightest bit serious.

Premier League bubble bursts as UK TV rights sold for $6B

THIS...is why we've been sensible. Big up Daniel Levy.
Bursts is a great exaggeration in that headline. Six Billion pounds for three years and 40 games a year still up for bid is nothing to sneeze at. Oh and the money that is flooding the league is not English its Chinese, American and Middle Eastern.
6 Billion for 3yrs is 2 Billion a year. Equally divided that would be 100 million a year per team. The amount of money in this is nuts.

Bursts is a great exaggeration in that headline. Six Billion pounds for three years and 40 games a year still up for bid is nothing to sneeze at. Oh and the money that is flooding the league is not English its Chinese, American and Middle Eastern.
6 Billion for 3yrs is 2 Billion a year. Equally divided that would be 100 million a year per team. The amount of money in this is nuts.
Still loads of money, but its 6 billion USD not Pounds.

I've been to a few of these talks at The Birkbeck Sport Business Centre. This promises be quite interesting as it's topic is Woolwich & Tottenham – The Clubs, The Business, The Future. As always it's free but you need to register.

Anyhow, details below:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/Wool...s-the-business-the-future-tickets-42182552149

I've been to a few of these talks at The Birkbeck Sport Business Centre. This promises be quite interesting as it's topic is Woolwich & Tottenham – The Clubs, The Business, The Future. As always it's free but you need to register.

Anyhow, details below:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/Wool...s-the-business-the-future-tickets-42182552149

Is this just not a public job application?

He will underline the vital importance of the concept of the brand and show how both clubs are underperforming.

But doesn’t that leave an even bigger gap to the likes of City? Aren’t we relying on TV money to pay for the stadium? I can’t see how this is good news for us.

*I’m not an economist.
The bubble hasn't popped either since the prices for the international deals have/will go up instead

Probably, it's how most do our business nowadays, right? Seminars, case studies and whites papers etc......

Yeah fair enough, but I would have thought this guy is a bit beyond that........he's saying how great he is and how he pioneered the industry in the 1980's......but 30 years on he still has to do speculative stuff like this to get work

Either he's had a really great and successful career or he hasn't, if either is true then he shouldn't be giving this talk.

I know what you're saying but Peps wage bill is now in excess of £250m per year, united is close to £300m. Lets not forget the Premier League will take their cut, so will the lower leagues... I doubt clubs will get more than £90m a year from the TV rights going forward - could be wrong

Whilst the money is still insane the revenues generated by clubs will start to drop year on year.

Ok, but in theory. If it was to really burst, how could that be good for us?
It's the same for all the clubs as the TV deal is an equal split across all the teams, then sprinkled on-top is added a performance related payment (worth approx £1m per place) and then number of times the club is shown on TV. Sure it's a decrease which if you were a business you wouldn't want to see but it's actually perfect timing for us, as we've got in to build our stadium before the reduction takes effect, which means the benefits of the new revenue streams we will create from the new stadium makes us less reliant on TV income (as now). It might also prove a barrier to other clubs doing what we have just done, like Chelsea perhaps (although I doubt it as the International market is set to go ballistic meaning despite this decrease the overall money received via TV rights will increase to unprecedented levels) but we might be pulling up the drawbridge behind us as the decrease comes in to bite (again doubt this will actually happen).

Our commercial and match day revenues were tiny compared to the five clubs around us. With the new stadium our match day revenues should be on par with Woolwich (approx £1m per game) more than the Chavs, Liverpool and Citeh, I've forgotten what match day revenues Man U have but I think Woolwich pulls in the most so we might be above them too! The design of the stadium with it's sliding pitch bringing NFL and concerts with minimal turnaround times between events will have us stealing all of this type of business from the likes of Wembley, Twikenham, London Stadium and the death star. What with revenues from England and other football teams taking advantage of the new Lodge facilities at Hotspur Way we will be leading the way over all of our competitors.

The international TV rights deal as mentioned by others is being talked up as colossal in the revenue that could be bought in via Facebook, Google, Amazon and Netflix. There is a lot of marketing speak here too e.g. "PL is greatest league in the World". Say that enough times as people by into it, then those that buy the rights by spending billions on it, will push that narrative even harder to get more unique viewers etc..... Facebook, Google and Netflix not ready to enter Premier League TV rights battle

The area that we are absolutely shit at is on our commercial deals, Levy has done a great job in getting double from AIA and from Nike, all welcome but the deal Chelsea have with Nike is still worth double what we receive. Our performance on the pitch and new stadium should push this side of our business further but read the other day that Utd have close to 650 staff just in their commercial, administration and marketing departments. I believe we employ around 300 staff in total!! Basically we are years away from addressing the commercial aspects of our club but the direction is still on an upward curve with new deals from Nike, AIA and a soon to be announced Stadium naming partner, I guess it will not be too long before we have a sleeve sponsor too.

I'm waffling as usual but TDLR the decrease I don't think will have a massive effect as it's a few years away yet and the International deal will more than compensate the decrease. And on a competitive landscape having the new stadium built now means our stadium should deliver the highest revenues than any from stadium/club in Europe and maybe the decrease will make it harder for other clubs to bring in the funding to update the stadiums or build new ones to compete with ours.

Back
Top Bottom