Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s

that’s the outcome - sometimes you can’t control the outcome. My frustration is with the lack of a structured process to help achieve the outcome
There was a structured process to achieve the financial part, probably in the belief that more resources would mean better performance on the pitch. And even that suffered setbacks with the delays to getting the permits to building the stadium. But it's clearly not that simple. What was lacking was a structured process to develop the footballing objectives in alignment at any given time with how the financial goals were progressing. That part was a bit herky jerky.

This thread is going to be an absolute whirl after the City defeat.

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

What's the managerial hit rate for other clubs in this timeframe? Who would you have hired, sparky? You were happy with the Jose and Conte appointments, which seems to show how much you know.

Clown, indeed.
By the time Levy fired Poch and then Nuno - what were the fucking options?!?!? NONE!!

And he was the one who had put the club in that postition.

And where was the continuity with Poch to Muareen?

You run a club - you have a fucking SUCCESSION PLAN for everyone

Like Bloom at Brighton, loses Potter, next week he's got De Zerbi (and Ange on the short list too). De Zerbi goes you can bet there's a list of 4 that could be seamless. Like for every fucking player they lose. How did we replace Walker? With a fucking criminal.

That's how you run a club.

Taken him 14 years to get from playing at Withdean "Stadium" (look it up, you wont know it) and in Div 1 to Amex and playing in Europe.

That's proper progress

Taken Levy 14 years to get from 6th to 4th or whatever and NO TROPHIES

Numbnuts - you AND him

Fucking apologist for that slaphead cunt - go and do one

We have to actually win something before ENIC can be absolved of anything. At the moment we have a nice squad and we are playing nice football BUT (and some of you need to write this in your y fronts next to your name tag ) we've been here before haven't we?

The proof of the pudding is eating it or in this case getting over the line with a trophy.

If Chelsea win another trophy while they are having a shit season and we yet again go trophy less playing great football what exactly have we achieved?

In the real world in sport you are measured on winning, bottom line.

Fucking under line it and stencil it on your head if you can't grasp it.

This thread is hilarious, just when ENIC finally have us in the right place which is what everyone has been asking for the usual are kicking and screaming and making noise just because they can't take the fact that they're being proved wrong

You'd think that our club was firmly mudded and we weren't on the up, honestly man you lot kill me 😆
Out of all the posts, its these posts that anger me the most.

“ENIC finally has us in the right place”

So naive. A few months ago we were bottom of the barrel. Its amazing how fucking quick you are to stroke the ENIC shaft. loser mentality. Lets get one thing clear here, ENIC have achieved absolutely fuck all the past few months. We’re barely halfway through the season. Buying a few players was the absolute bare minimum they could do. Especially after selling our GOAT striker. Theyre as unpredictable as a crackhead and theres no knowing where this goes or how Postecoglou ends up. Hell if things do go well in the distant future thats enough to constitute a sacking in of itself because Levy wont be able to handle the jealousy of not being in the limelight and having his thunder stolen and we all know he just cant help himself but to fuck up a good thing.

A few months of somewhat decent football doesnt constitute “in the right place”. But thats the expectation of an ENIC fan. Low ambition.

So naive. A few months ago we were bottom of the barrel. Its amazing how fucking quick you are to stroke the ENIC shaft. loser mentality. Lets get one thing clear here, ENIC have achieved absolutely fuck all the past few months. We’re barely halfway through the season. Buying a few players was the absolute bare minimum they could do. Especially after selling our GOAT striker. Theyre as unpredictable as a crackhead and theres no knowing where this goes or how Postecoglou ends up. Hell if things do go well in the distant future thats enough to constitute a sacking in of itself because Levy wont be able to handle the jealousy of not being in the limelight and having his thunder stolen and we all know he just cant help himself but to fuck up a good thing.

A few months of somewhat decent football doesnt constitute “in the right place”. But thats the expectation of an ENIC fan. Low ambition.

Probably the most reasoned and well presented post on the Fighting Cock this year.

giphy.gif

Hear Hear!

BOOM!

"Entertaining football, you'll never sing that"

Lewis is just a fuckjng embarrassment

Take the massive fine Wiggy and make him do fucking chokey on top.

10 years will be long enough for that vile man to die inside and wish he’d given the tart’s money to us instead

Why? Because I can see the last 24 hours has you visibly giddy with glee.
I read the news and thought nothing more than 'meh'. Old news, we knew Joe had some shady dealings, this is nothing new and he doesn't even control us anymore.
Who cares what happens to an 86yo billionaire in the USA.
Yeah. Fine.
So why are you posting about it in a thread you rarely otherwise contribute to .:sonpoint:

By the time Levy fired Poch and then Nuno - what were the fucking options?!?!? NONE!!

And he was the one who had put the club in that postition.

And where was the continuity with Poch to Muareen?

You run a club - you have a fucking SUCCESSION PLAN for everyone

Like Bloom at Brighton, loses Potter, next week he's got De Zerbi (and Ange on the short list too). De Zerbi goes you can bet there's a list of 4 that could be seamless. Like for every fucking player they lose. How did we replace Walker? With a fucking criminal.

That's how you run a club.

Taken him 14 years to get from playing at Withdean "Stadium" (look it up, you wont know it) and in Div 1 to Amex and playing in Europe.

That's proper progress

Taken Levy 14 years to get from 6th to 4th or whatever and NO TROPHIES

Numbnuts - you AND him

Fucking apologist for that slaphead cunt - go and do one
We replaced Walker with a... criminal? WTF are you on about? And spare me the Brighton example. Their good football management has gotten them as far as they can go. Without the $$$ they'll be lucky to sustain their recent finishes. Spurs, on the other hand, built up their $$$ and can afford getting the football management piece wrong every now and then. At worst we will play Europa Conf League. If Brighton fuck up their football management, they'll be back in the Champo. So yeah, I'd rather be us with the interim fuck ups, than them.

But it appears to me our current state where everything has clicked is making you miserable for not being able to find something to be miserable about, that you need to resort to the past to get your fix. Whatever floats your boat.

3 good managerial appointments in 23 years

fucking disgrace

a blindfolded kid throwing darts at a list of names would have a btter record

any cunt who defends that record is a cunt

And until this season it was 2 good managers in 22

clown
Jol, Redknapp, Pochettino, Ange I would count as good appointments? Ramos was poor but it made a lot of sense at the time, he was very successful in Europe and La Liga with Sevilla, had some big jobs (including RM!) after us, just we tried to do too much too fast in the first summer window he was in charge and fucked the squad chemistry, didn't help at all losing Berba and Keane in the same window. Santini you can't really hold against them, it was an ambitious appointment and he turned out to be an almighty prick, but again he had just left the France job and won Lyon their first ever Ligue 1 title (the first of their massive run of Ligue 1 wins in the 00s), you couldn't really predict he would fall out with Arnesen to the point he decided to leave.

AVB was a piss poor appointment, I was incensed when we signed him, he had completely flopped at chavs playing shit football and it was just as bad as expected. I never backed Mourinho appointment because I felt Poch deserved the full season to get the squad firing with his new signings, having finally got Levy to get the chequebook out after 18 months of no signings. I did hope we would win a cup while he was here though. Nuno was unforgiveable, a 15th choice no direction appointment that made no sense with all the bollocks Levy spouted at the time about reclaiming our identity. Conte is a tough one. Realistically speaking it was not a poor appointment, he pulled a top 4 finish out of a very shit start to the season, but a combination of not adequately backing him in the market and him losing interest in Spurs due to his personal issues led to a perfect shitstorm.

When viewed through the lense of objectivity, I would say ENIC have a "middling" managerial appointment history. You can point at several managers they have signed that meaningfully advanced the team's interests, took us up a rung on the ladder, and several that were poor and took us backwards. I wouldn't say managerial acquisition has been the biggest downfall of ENIC though, I think almost all of those managers could have had some modicum of success greater than they achieved, if ENIC had been more willing to pull the trigger on additional investment to push us to the next level. We have been penny wise, pound foolish when it comes to: Redknapp during the Saha/Nelson window, never gave Jol enough resources to push the team on because they always had one eye on replacing him, 18 months no signings under Poch, starting the Conte summer window promisingly but then curtailing all spending by the end of July when we clearly still needed 2 or 3 more additions to finish the squad, and then there is the countless number of "cheap options" he has foisted on managers, such as Janssen, all the N'wingers, previously mentioned Saha and Nelsen, etc etc.
EDIT: I did forget about Timmy, won't ever be forgiving or forgetting for that one. At least he found us Kane though! :sherwoodlol:

Wow. You have to some vivid imagination or be hearing voices in your head to come up with that bolded part. Might want to see someone.

Back
Top Bottom