Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Easily pleased.

2 of them were already here but deals made permanent, one on a free, two kids that might be loaned out and not a single star signing.

Again, they've done the bare minimum for a club trying to at least qualify for the EL.

Window's not closed yet so we shall see. With Bentancur out until the New Year, suspect we need another midfielder as well.
I'm surprised he isn't somehow squeezing Romero into his list again :sonlol:

Like you say, bare minimum so far. No more than a club of our size and wealth should be doing following the horrendous shit show last year.

Kane is the clincher. If he signs a new deal then that shows he has faith in the direction of the club and I'll be the first to congratulate Daniel Levy. As I have in the past when warranted.

I wonder if fans of other, similar size clubs would be stroking off the chairman for clinching a young centre back with a handful of championship games for £2mil and a guy who played a bit for Fulham last year on a freebie ...

:sonhmm:

I very much doubt it.

Very strange. Almost like the poster is laying the groundwork to blame Ange the minute things start to go wrong

Last edited:
I'm surprised he isn't somehow squeezing Romero into his list again :sonlol:

Like you say, bare minimum so far. No more than a club of our size and wealth should be doing following the horrendous shit show last year.

I wonder if fans of other, similar size clubs would be stroking off the chairman for clinching a young centre back with a handful of championship games for £2mil and a guy who played a bit for Fulham last year on a freebie ...

:sonhmm:

I very much doubt it.

Very strange. Almost like he's laying the groundwork to blame Ange the minute things start to go wrong

I'm not entirely discouraged by some of the moves made this summer, but it's far too early to say that all is forgiven with ENIC and certainly not the time to start sucking Levy off.

Easily pleased.

2 of them were already here but deals made permanent, one on a free, two kids that might be loaned out and not a single star signing.

Again, they've done the bare minimum for a club trying to at least qualify for the EL.

Window's not closed yet so we shall see. With Bentancur out until the New Year, suspect we need another midfielder as well.
I'd argue Maddison was a reasonably star signing that makes a difference to the starting 11.
Remain to see seen if VDV and Romero is a defensive upgrade but hope so.
Agree with the rest.

I'm not entirely discouraged by some of the moves made this summer, but it's far too early to say that all is forgiven with ENIC and certainly not the time to start sucking Levy off.
Maddison was a sweet signing. The centre back I know little about but the general consensus seems positive.

But as I say, surely we should be expected to sign this kind of quality. Regularly.

Some people seem to think we should somehow be grateful! :ap:

Easily pleased.

Forever moving the goalposts aren't we...

What/who according to your definition is a 'star signing'?

What were your actual expectations of who we needed to sign and what we needed to upgrade going into the Summer?

The point was though about backing Ange, if he does what I said then you have to say that the manager has been considerably backed, I don't want to hear any protestations about the board when the window shuts, thank you.

Last edited:
Porro
Kulusevski
Maddison
Vicario
Phillips
Solomon
Van de Ven
Veliz

San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Get another CB and keep Kane and get rid of the deadwood and I don't want to hear anything about how Ange wasn't backed and how they are club signings.
Kulusevski? Porro? 😂

Maddison is the only other player anyone in the top 7 would want, calm down

So after all that business you wouldn't say that they've adequately backed the manager?

What would you say is adequate backing?
Adequate is a good description. It’s 5/10, some promising signings that may or may not have an impact in the next two to three years. Hardly going to see us challenge for the title next season tbh which is what our ticket pricing suggest is the par

Adequate is a good description. It’s 5/10, some promising signings that may or may not have an impact in the next two to three years. Hardly going to see us challenge for the title next season tbh which is what our ticket pricing suggest is the par

Challenge for the title 😆

Because that's definitely realistic isn't it. 🤦‍♂️

So what would you say is adequate backing?

Challenge for the title 😆

Because that's definitely realistic isn't it. 🤦‍♂️

So what would you say is adequate backing?
That is adequate. It’s fair, sensible and forward looking for the future. Some young players with potential. One, new proven player.

Back
Top Bottom