Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

go ahead show me where you evidence the 'utter fan mutiny' you claim is just around the corner ...

It's not around the corner so long as we have a brilliant team full of lovable long-term club legend superstars to enjoy, beating richer teams left and right and defying the financial gravity of the sport. It's pretty awesome right now!

But a team clinging to 6th place with the lowest wages to turnover ratio and transfer net spend among major clubs and the highest ticket prices in world football would be an entirely different kettle of fish.

The Bonfire of the Vanities

I love Spooky's work - I don't see anything to argue and wish I could be half as articulate as he is, the bastard!!

Edit - have put this in the MoPo thread as it's relevant there too. Apologies for any duplication, it's still a fucking good read though...

Last edited:
I suppose it depends what you call a fan mutiny, I guess.

Could, say, 25,000+ unsold seats and the lowest league attendance in years be considered mutiny?

Some would say so.

There's certainly a rising resentment against the way the club is being run. Wether it's justified or nor, nobody could seriously deny it.

You could say that but it would be both a lie and meaningless, we've been capped at 51,000 for six home games, just which of these was 25,000 short? the only recent game with a 90,000 capacity was Man Utd we got 80,062 the second HIGHEST attendance for any EPL game this season ... the highest by the way was also us v Liverpool back in October, we also had the highest home CL attendance for any EPL club 82k v Barca

So remind me again where are these missing 25,000, some might make stuff yup (that means you JT) but the facts will always prove you wrong

and remember we've yet to play a home game this season, so it's phenomenal support pretty much the exact opposite of the imaginary mutiny, as for 'rising resentment' take away the multi's and the dozen or so trolls and the support is rock solid, as it has always been through the ages ...

I suppose it depends what you call a fan mutiny, I guess.

Could, say, 25,000+ unsold seats and the lowest league attendance in years be considered mutiny?

Some would say so.

There's certainly a rising resentment against the way the club is being run. Wether it's justified or nor, nobody could seriously deny it.

Mate I was over in Barcelona the other week when they had a half empty stadium for a league game vs Leganes. Just because some fans don’t show doesn’t suggest there’s a mutiny at a club

Mutiny lol.

Walk the plank you scurvy lot.

Only one stupid fucking pirate i know of.

images

Last edited:
Not sure if it's best to post here or not but I found this interesting:

The 20 most popular rich-list football teams on social media

13th most followed club on social media, where I know numbers can get fluffed up by hollow supporters etc but still 7m fans less than the next placed team Atletico Madrid in 12th.

Big numbers, big steps to make and probably a reason why we struggle to attract commercial numbers similar to those that make up the rest of the top 6.

Will be fascinating to see how these numbers alter over the next few years after we can pull more fans in for matchdays

Not sure if it's best to post here or not but I found this interesting:

The 20 most popular rich-list football teams on social media

13th most followed club on social media, where I know numbers can get fluffed up by hollow supporters etc but still 7m fans less than the next placed team Atletico Madrid in 12th.

Big numbers, big steps to make and probably a reason why we struggle to attract commercial numbers similar to those that make up the rest of the top 6.

Will be fascinating to see how these numbers alter over the next few years after we can pull more fans in for matchdays
We have a tiny marketing and PR team compared to many clubs, I can't find the stuff right now but saw last year that West Ham had close to x3 the size of the staff in this department.

I'd guess that all effort and focus has been on the Stadium and expect once we are finally in this department should scale up somewhat.

In a way I like it, all our growth being largely organic and based on our football. Compare that to Utd., City, Woolwich every communication is sponsored and ties into a KPI on some marketing bods quarterly growth objectives.

Hopefully noone here but there was a brave tragic soloist with a placard and a load of hashtags on Wembley Way yesterday.

At risk of sounding a bit DHOTYA, a kid of about 7 walked past and chanted You Don't Know What You're Doing at him.

60,000 empty seats....yet 40,000 were in the closed section which tickets were never sold for

giphy.gif

And though this was one of the matches where Spurs have to play in a reduced 40,000 capacity, the actual attendance meant 25 per cent of the available seats were left unsold.

Home supporters have been growing tired of the delays in moving into the 62,000 new home on the site of White Hart Lane.

Disagree with the post above all you want, you have to be a Spurs fan to know these things.
What kind of person would mock the club for 60,000 empty seats, when 40,000 werent for sale..?
Even got Scott chiming in, while sitting at home.

Funny, no reference to a protest against lack of transfers...

Lewis is heavily in the restaurant branch and Spurs are a small piece of his business exploits. Levy is the front man for the football side of Lewis.

People expecting him to take billions of his own personal wealth, or from his other ventures and plough it into buying footballers are living in some cyber gaming state of delusion.

The club is self sufficient, and it’s time people firstly accepted that, and then dealt with it.
I agree and I do accept it, that's why the argument of needing champions league for financial reasons or to win trophies is a nonsense.

Are people genuinely saying the attendance yesterday is a protest due to a lack of signings?

Not because:
  • It's a midweek game
  • It's fucking cold
  • It's fucking Watford
  • At fucking Wembley
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom