Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No it's not šŸ˜† , you keep saying that as if we're reaching some deadline but these guys will still be in charge in 5 years while you guys will be tearing your fanny hairs out, stamping your feet and spamming the ENIC thread with emotional posts whilst not attending protests.

Nice little rant though. :thumbup:

Says the most prolific ranter in the ENIC thread since he joined The Fighting Cock

:sonpoint:

Thx šŸ‘I Remember the 80s/ early 90s some good cup runs/success &usually average in the league.

You obviously remember things very differently in rose tinted land?
Good cup runs?

Aye. Winning the FA CUP 3 Times, and the UEFA CUP (Europa League) in that narrow time frame you specify is pretty impressive compared to nearly two and a half decades of ENIC isn't it.

Well I dont think Villa & Everton fans have seen their teams winning much in the last quarter of a century either.

Similar clubs to us.

Very few teams have won since mega money arrived.

You do understand that since abramovich took over at Chelsea winning for all 'normal' clubs became much harder don't you?
Throw Cityv& now Newcastle into the mix & it's harder again.
Nice Losers mentality you have there, you will fit right in.

Well I dont think Villa & Everton fans have seen their teams winning much in the last quarter of a century either.

Similar clubs to us.

Very few teams have won since mega money arrived.

You do understand that since abramovich took over at Chelsea winning for all 'normal' clubs became much harder don't you?
Throw Cityv& now Newcastle into the mix & it's harder again.

The main issue is we had a chance to win, and rather than snatch it with both hands we applied a self imposed transfer embargo and allowed the squad to stagnate.

Unforgiveable.

Maybe our best and only chance for many years.

Iā€™m probably guilty of convincing myself of things, so with that caveat addedā€¦.

Tottenham Hotspur want to model themselves on the Brighton / Brentford approach. Clubs that will finish between 6 & 9th this season are the aspiration?

Tottenham do not want to model themselves on United / Woolwich / Liverpool models, these being clubs in the top 4 and 5th this season.

Tottenham do not want to model themselves on City / Newcastle / Chelsea models because itā€™s immoral to do so, and yet these clubs being the most invested in and are most likely to win things next season, after City won most things this season.

So in basic terms, The chosen model is top 7 as cheaply as possible. Despite actually having the resources here and now to aim much much higher.

So in ā€œENIC landā€if they win on Sunday, and finish 7th, all is golden for another year.

Then they can get a coach in who has done well in the tenth ( approximately ) best league in Europe, convincing the fan base that he is the bees knees and that his four years of Dutch experience will achieve more than Conte / Jose / Poch would ever manage.

Iā€™ll confess. I am not getting where the ambition is in this grand new plan. Maybe itā€™s hidden in the data.

Last edited:
Hopefully a small number people go one step further and riot, disrupt and attack rather than just walking away disgruntled as the club slowly dies off. Such a short sighted approach they have, more akin to some commoditised, legacy industry like a desperate telecoms former giant, trying to glean every last quid from its customers befor they jump ship
The thing is many will turn up regardless and then you have the football tourists who just want to go to a game in London if season ticket sales drop.

Look at West Ham for evidence.
Smaller club than us struggled all season in the league, play in a ground many of their fans detest yet still getting 60k+ for every league gamešŸ¤”

If conte and Mourinho taught us anything itā€™s that a winning mentality is garbage. If you win then people say you have a winning mentality. If you lose they say youā€™re bottlers.
So the greatest most successful managers of all time talk about having the right mentality, guys who've won everything and you think "they" are talking shite? Sports psychologists talk about the mind reset and focussing it into a winning mentality .... Players do, serial fucking winners do!
But you know better.

So when scholes iniesta xavi messi Ronaldo, and list goes on... talk about having the right fucking mentality, we have to say stop, what the fuck do you guys know... Where is your proof? Don't show me all those medals and awards - it means nothing

Good cup runs?

Aye. Winning the FA CUP 3 Times, and the UEFA CUP (Europa League) in that narrow time frame you specify is pretty impressive compared to nearly two and a half decades of ENIC isn't it.
I said we had underachieved the cups under Enic I'm not disputing that.
We have done better in the league though.

Cups are dependant on the draw & if the manager/club take them seriously.
We have reached finals but not got over the line.
Let's be honest nowadays though if you reach the latter stages of a competition/final chances are getting beat by a bigger/better team like Man City or say Liverpool last year.

The days of playing the likes Coventry in a final are long gone.

But yeah we should have won more cups.

So the greatest most successful managers of all time talk about having the right mentality, guys who've won everything and you think "they" are talking shite? Sports psychologists talk about the mind reset and focussing it into a winning mentality .... Players do, serial fucking winners do!
But you know better.

So when scholes iniesta xavi messi Ronaldo, and list goes on... talk about having the right fucking mentality, we have to say stop, what the fuck do you guys know... Where is your proof? Don't show me all those medals and awards - it means nothing
Of course having the right mentality matters. But a Ā« winning mentality Ā» in the sense of having some special insight into what it takes to winā€¦ thatā€™s nonsense. Mentality, just like technical skill or good tactics is a question of small deltas at the highest level.

If Kolo Muani scores one on one in the 119th minute then France are unbeatable lions coming from behind and Argentina are complete bottlejobsā€¦ Messi unable to stop his side losing two World Cup finalsā€¦ but he misses and France lose and something like the opposite is true. Winning mentalities in that sense are mostly narrative.

Last edited:
Nice Losers mentality you have there, you will fit right in.
Not loser mentality Just facts pal.
Villa & Everton are similar size clubs to us and won sweet FA in the last 20 odd years.

Why should we feel more 'entitled'

Btw I'm not saying we shouldn't be aiming for as high as we can in the league & winning cups.

Just pointing out we have no God given right like some on here seem to think.

The main issue is we had a chance to win, and rather than snatch it with both hands we applied a self imposed transfer embargo and allowed the squad to stagnate.

Unforgiveable.

Maybe our best and only chance for many years.
I totally agree we didn't build correctly when we had the chance. Enic has to take a good chunk of the blame.

We also when we did recruit make a lot of bad choices on players.
Some of that no doubt Enic/dof others the manager.

Last edited:
The extra inch podcast called many ENIC out brigade as unbalanced, embarrassing and lacking in nuance with a tendency to be aggressive.

I didnā€™t pay them to say that. Levy didnā€™t say them to say that. Just worth reflecting.

The thing is many will turn up regardless and then you have the football tourists who just want to go to a game in London if season ticket sales drop.

Look at West Ham for evidence.
Smaller club than us struggled all season in the league, play in a ground many of their fans detest yet still getting 60k+ for every league gamešŸ¤”
If you canā€™t see the tipping point thatā€™s coming, you are blind. Did you go to Brentford? Thousands of empty seats. Yes they were probably sold but will those who chose not to bother attending renew their ST? Doubt it. ST renewals will fall off a cliff this summer, yes they might be replaced this summer but what about next year?

West Ham charge a third of Spurs, irrelevant comparison. Our average ST is well over a grand, thatā€™s an eye watering amount

Back
Top Bottom