Leeds vs Dr. Tottenham - Sat 26th Feb 12:30 Whatever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is the Tottenham doc? I might be able to find out something about him.
KiaBEBW.png

Nutritionist/Head of the WuWu Dept: Zest Zest

Lucas works hard defensively, generally speaking. Discipline/physicality wise you've got a point for sure, but equally Lucas is quicker and trickier than Bergwijn, so could function well out wide.

Again trickery mainly focuses on the attacking side of the roll.

Berg is quick enough mind.

How disciplined really is Bergwijn?

See City & NLD at home last season.... (Pretty much played as WB.)

Lately I've mostly been impressed with Bergwijns ability to get in to good positions more than anything else, most of these central. Conte seems to think he's a backup CF!

Sure, but I'd put a LOT of that down to how he's been asked to play.

Conte's WBs are tasked with the bulk of what a winger/WFwd would otherwise do in a 442/4231.

TBH, I see Berg & Moses as a blueprint of the same player.... I'm baffled that Conte isn't taking a punt on him.

Last edited:
Come on chaps. Bielsa just like Pep won't / can't change his game plan. So long as we hold our nerve at the back I think we'll do them. Quick transistions, counter attacks and like the city game, getting the ball forward quickly should be what we are looking to do against them. We need Bentancur fit, and Skipp would be a real bonus too.

We simply have to beat them. If anyone leaves that pitch with an ounce of energy left then they will have let the fans down. Be sharp, be first to the ball, look forward. We'll do these. COYS.

Come on chaps. Bielsa just like Pep won't / can't change his game plan. So long as we hold our nerve at the back I think we'll do them. Quick transistions, counter attacks and like the city game, getting the ball forward quickly should be what we are looking to do against them. We need Bentancur fit, and Skipp would be a real bonus too.

We simply have to beat them. If anyone leaves that pitch with an ounce of energy left then they will have let the fans down. Be sharp, be first to the ball, look forward. We'll do these. COYS.

Not happening mate. :(

B'cur: 3 weeks
Skipp: Ongoing probs.

Likely 1st teamAlternativesAcademy players
with squad numbers
LLORISGOLLINI (Injured?) AUSTIN
ROMEROSANCHEZFagan-Walcott
DIER (Fitness question)TANGANGA (Injured)Omole
DAVIESRODONBLF
DOHERTYROYALPaskotski
REGUILON (Fitness question)SESSEGNONCesay
WINKSSKIPP (Injured)Craig
HOJBJERGBENTANCUR (Injured)White (Injured)
KULUSEVSKIBERGWIJNDevine
SONLUCASMundle
KANEScarlett

With Ndombele and Lo Celso out on loan. What central midfielders do we have with any sort of playmaking ability? As I see it PEH, Winks, Bentacur and Skipp are predominately defensive players. I've not seen a group of midfielders with so little guile in quite a long time. That isn't to disparage these 4 guys, they do their own job well (for the most part). But how have we got to a stage where this is the group of players available? I just don't see us breaking any teams down consistently.
Losing GLC and Ndombele won’t affect us

For all Conte's complaining he only has himself to blame if he trots out the Winks/Hojbjerg duo with Sess and Emerson as wing backs again. That is piss poor - he needs to try something different. I don't think we'll see what many wish for with Lucas/Berg at RWB because he's never even mentioned it as an option. I think Kulu gets the nod at RWB and Reg comes in on the left. That's your lot.

I'd imagine it will be:

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Kulu --- Winks --- Hojberg --- Reg
Lucas ----------- Son
Kane​

Conte made the decision to get rid of Ndombele and GLC because neither wanted to play the way he wanted them to play.
I hated Ndombele and GLC couldn't give a feck about Spurs (why should he?) so I am pleased they are both gone, hopefully for always.
Unfortunately, due to injuries to 3 of our 5 midfielders he is temporarily short of options.

Last edited:
Naïve to say such. Of course it does, AC has no option but to start Winks. GLC or Ndombele both are better option than Winks.
I’m not sure they are. They both fluffed their way though a Spurs career

Would honestly rather see Devine or White get a chance

Back
Top Bottom