Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to the Paxton.... They did start the Mexican wave after all!!!
Forgot about the 'Bale' chants for McEvoy... As well as the Nicola Berti chants which drew the usual looks of mild confusion from anyone who has yet to experience the joy of an 1882 game!!

Overall a beautiful reminder of what it means to be Spurs without the politics. :adesalute:

There was an MPs penalty shoot our at half time.

I know what you mean though :adebaehug:

Also "Peter Crouch, he's got a lovely wife" was sung, which Crouchy thanked the crowd for. Abbey was sat near me but she was still having her half time cup of corporate tea at the time so didn't hear it.

Last edited:
NeglectedAgonizingGuillemot.gif

Every update I see about last night makes me proud but also puts a dagger through my heart. A dagger of disappointment. Wish I could have been there it sounds amazing. I hope the highlights on spurs tv are more than just a few minutes with goals

Still reeling from last night's result, how on earth can we concede another 6 goals at home? Worst of all it was to a bunch of ex-professionals and past-it players. Sherwood has to be held accountable for playing so many youngsters, that was a must win game and we blew it! Add that to the toxic atmosphere of our fans, booing our own players and jeering them even when we scored. He's lost the fans, he's lost the dressing room #Sherwoodout

:troll:

Every update I see about last night makes me proud but also puts a dagger through my heart. A dagger of disappointment. Wish I could have been there it sounds amazing. I hope the highlights on spurs tv are more than just a few minutes with goals
Obviously it is always good to honour a club legend and see so many great old players hit the field. But what struck me about last night was for the first time in ages the fans seemed unified and in good spirits, and that made the night all the more special. This is the third time I have been to one of these kinds of games at the Lane and this was by far the best. After a season of so much frustration and anger it was, in my opinion, just what was needed.

What a magic night.

Highlights for me:

Beach ball party in the Brickies smoking area, complete with boos for people who knocked the ball over the wall and cheers for people who climbed over and fetched it.

"Ledley King is having a party, bring yr vodka and yr Charlie" for about 10 minutes inside the Brickies.

Freund pushing the Lino out the way and running the line himself for a bit, then some random punter ran the line and got a decision right.

The 'Pyrotechnic' lightning bolt midway through.

Rafa and Keano video packages.

The holtby and Webb exchange.

And... AFTER 25 FUCKING YEARS OF GOING TO THE LANE I GOT ON THE BIG SCREEN!:gomes:

I am both delighted to see unity within the club, and fucking distraught that I didn't go.

It would have cost me a fortune, and getting the time off would have been difficult, but I now realise it would have all been worth it.

:paulinhofacepalm:

Can't wait to watch the highlights. If anyone anywhere finds the full 90 minutes please let me know. Would love to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom