Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possibly old and disillusioned, but, I am looking forward to this much much more than the Villa game the day before -
Ledley - probably our best player for the last ten years, proper Spurs, should be a great atmosphere -

I hope Ledley's team f**king muller Sherwood's shite 11 -which will be the overpaid c88ts who have not got on a plane and f**ked off early on their agent's (and accountant's) advice

Possibly old and disillusioned, but, I am looking forward to this much much more than the Villa game the day before -
Ledley - probably our best player for the last ten years, proper Spurs, should be a great atmosphere -

I hope Ledley's team f**king muller Sherwood's shite 11 -which will be the overpaid c88ts who have not got on a plane and f**ked off early on their agent's (and accountant's) advice
I only count Bentaleb, who's the other ten Sherwood shite? :freund:

Elegant is not the word I would use to describe him.
An elegance of grace is beyond no one.
fcqirPz.jpg

They should let King beat his fastest goal of 9.7 seconds!!

I hope there's alot of goals and stupidness like shots from the halfway line and keepers coming up for every corner.

What ever happens, its going to be a great night as my boy has been picked to be a mascot! I just pray he doesn't get put with Paul Staleri. I hated that fucker.

Hang on... didn't he say his the other day?

While Tom is looking forward to treading the White Hart Lane turf again and pulling on the shirt, he insists the night is all about one man.
"The occasion is the most important thing, Ledley had a fine career and it is a privilege to be asked to come back and play in this game. It will be a bit strange being back in a Spurs shirt on the pitch at White Hart Lane, but it will be great and to be there honouring Ledley is the main thing."

two things that struck me... if the night is about ONE man (Ledley) then THudd pulling out is more about him, no?
and secondly... I didn't expect him to play anyway, due to Hull's participation in the FA Cup the following weekend... how long did it take THudd to work out his team were in the Final??

Hang on... didn't he say his the other day?

two things that struck me... if the night is about ONE man (Ledley) then THudd pulling out is more about him, no?
and secondly... I didn't expect him to play anyway, due to Hull's participation in the FA Cup the following weekend... how long did it take THudd to work out his team were in the Final??
He probably agreed to do the Testimonial and then got a bollocking from the Hull coaches. That'd be my guess.

Either that or he was promised a KFC bargain bucket if he stayed behind and trained.

Not just Edgar, Chimbonda and Tainio too.

Edgar joined us in 2005 from Inter Milan, swiftly becoming a firm fans favourite owing much to his fierce and combative style, and went on to make 44 appearances for the Club during his two-year stay.

"I have played for and against some of the top sides in Europe and Ledley was certainly one of the best defenders I have come across," said the midfielder who has also played at Ajax, AC Milan, Juventus and Barcelona.

"I am really happy to be participating in his testimonial - it is truly deserved - and it will be great to play again at White Hart Lane."

Edgar will be joined in Ledley's side by two former teammates Teemu Tainio and Pascal Chimbonda, who are both relishing the prospect of lining up at White Hart Lane one more time.

"I'm really looking forward to coming back to Spurs again and playing in Ledley's game," said former Finland international Teemu, who spent three years with the Club after joining from Auxerre in 2005.

"It is a fitting tribute to a great Club man - I found Ledley to be a top player, captain and person during my time at Spurs and he fully deserves a match in his honour."

Pascal, who enjoyed two spells with the Club between 2006 and 2009, added: "It was a pleasure for me to play with Ledley King during his career, he was a leader and a great example to everyone. It will be fantastic to come back to the Lane to be part of his testimonial match, it will be a great night for a great player."

The latest trio of ex-Spurs will line up alongside a host of other former teammates from Ledley's playing days including David Ginola, Darren Anderton, Teddy Sheringham, Peter Crouch, Paul Robinson and Dimitar Berbatov as they take on our First Team.

I hope the legends are at ahead at some point so Teemu can do the "whats the score?"
OR we can sing "TEEMU, WHATS THE SCORE, TEEMU TEEMU WHATS THE SCORE"

I'm getting quite excited about this.

Here are most of the players. You can find them by searching http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploadedImages/Shared_Assets/Images/Ledley_Testimonial/Players/[First name]_[Last name]_220x200.jpg

For example http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/upl..._Testimonial/Players/tim_sherwood_220x200.jpg and http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/upl...y_Testimonial/Players/darren_bent_220x200.jpg

• GK - Paul Robinson, Neil Sullivan, Tony Parks
  • DF - Stephen Carr, Paul Stalteri, Gary Doherty, Chris Perry, Pascal Chimbonda, Sebastien Bassong, Luke Young
  • MF - David Ginola, Ruel Fox, Darren Anderton, Stephen Clemence, Scott Parker, Wilson Palacios, Teemu Tainio, Simon Davies, Tim Sherwood, Steffen Freund
  • FW - Teddy Sheringham, Dimitar Berbatov, Peter Crouch, Darren Bent

I've reached the point with all the Ledley stuff that I just want to cry because I miss him too much.

Nothing is more Spursy than Ledley's career. Maybe the best center half the Premier League has ever seen with his career ruined by injuries.

But the Spursiest part of it all was not that his career was ended instantly by injury but rather that he continued to play in limited games. Every time he played we'd be reminded about how fucking amazing he was all the while knowing that we had no idea when he'd be able to be back on the pitch again. For me, that is the ultimate metaphor for Spurs. Games where things were brilliant followed by days, weeks, and months of despair and uncertainty.

There's no justice in the world.

Back
Top Bottom