Leandro or David Villa?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smoked Salmon

Finest human being of all time
So, the latest rumours see us linked to both (well, we'll probably be linked to Leandro for at least 7 more seasons, but still).

Leandro - dip in form, unproven, still young.

David Villa - dip in form, but proven at highest level, already 31.

Frankly, I don't see us doing a deal for a £20m striker, so if you were AVB and you were given these two choices, would you take one over the other? Or stick with Defobayor?

David Villa's probably not going to be worth the money. I only think the 'he signals to other players that we're a big club and we're serious' argument only works for oilbucks clubs. He'll be productive for a long time -- he never relied on his pace -- but his days as a superstar have probably passed. He's a £7m fee, £50k/wk wage striker who will probably go for a hell of a lot more than that. Leandro Damiao is a bigger boom or bust guy, but has the potential to be a superstar for a decade.

I guess it comes down to what you think of our squad. Do you think that we're one goal-scorer away from finishing 3rd or better? Villa's worth it, then. Do you think we need a lot more than a guy that can finish, and that nothing is assured even if we do get that guy? Then Damiao's for you.

Villa could solve our left wing problem, if Bale is going to stay in the middle/roaming around.

Having something like This..

Villa - Adebayor - Lennon
- Bale -
Dembele - Sandro

(as long as its Ade from last year) Would make me Spunk myself

Is Villa a busted flush though? Will Leandro acclimatise quickly?

Personally I would have Villa. This is a man that has tasted WC and EC glory and he wants another go at it.

Leandro seems, and I'm probably wrong, in it for the payday. Why would he leave Brazil the season before the greatest year of football Brazil has had this century?

I would choose Villa. Hunger is better than youth.

Villa for us would be like Raul was for Schalke. I could just see this supposedly in decline old grundig have a great couple of seasons for us.

Damiao
he has something to prove - he will be more hungry

Villa certainly doesn't. See Adebayor for details

I'm no ITK, but I'm guessing that Damiao will come cheaper on payday as well.

He might think he has better chances of playing for Brazil if he leaves the Brasileiro.
Especially makes sense if he hasn't been that good (as Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon mentioned above)

Not sure on that.

Big Phil has been quoted that he wants a core of 'local players' please dont ask me to quote that, but I did read it.

I don't know about his loss of form. So cannot comment on that.

Last I heard Boas had 3 Brazilians he wanted to sign. I doubt our man is one of them.

It is good good our manager speaks Portuguese and I bet there are some bargains in this close season, but I always worry about how they acclimatise.

How many Brazilians have done it in the Prem?

Not many. I would be happy with Villa

I want my cake and eat it too, so like Sammy, I'm saying both with JD going out...

Villa will change between ST and LW as bale will hopefully be a RW from the off next season (boy what a season can do for a player, eh?). Leaves us with two purebred strikers and one who covers more than one spot and does it a lot better than dempsey.

Back
Top Bottom