League Cup 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stadium is on the edge of town off the A12... no boozers! But usually a shuttle bus from the centre. Some okayish pubs. Up for a meet up

I can't think of a more disgusting game than MK Dons v Liverpool.

Anyway sounds like we won't be on TV. Always tough to find any coverage as foreign networks don't tend to pick these early rounds up.

I can't think of a more disgusting game than MK Dons v Liverpool.

Anyway sounds like we won't be on TV. Always tough to find any coverage as foreign networks don't tend to pick these early rounds up.
If you watch sky sports news on the night. All goals from all games are shown within minutes of going in. Not the same but better than nowt.

Read again...and possibly again.... I did not just type we draw Man City away.....I stipulated that we would also beat them by a VAR decision yet again and really drive them mad. For fuck's sake do you have a sense of humour ?
Just drawing them causes the damage. Our first team struggled against them and we either play a weakened team and get thrashed or we risk knackering our players and dropping points in the premier league. I did realise you were being sarcastic with the VAR decision but after the performance and not the result last week re City I do not want to have to play them in a cup match until a final. Colchester is a much better choice.

Just drawing them causes the damage. Our first team struggled against them and we either play a weakened team and get thrashed or we risk knackering our players and dropping points in the premier league. I did realise you were being sarcastic with the VAR decision but after the performance and not the result last week re City I do not want to have to play them in a cup match until a final. Colchester is a much better choice.

What fucking damage ??, we are both professional Premier League football clubs and should be capable of playing a cup match without anyone becoming 'knackered' or subsequently dropping league points after contesting such a game. If we meet them in the final they may well have the added incentive of going for a 'double' or even 'treble' success if they are running away with the league and would be far more difficult to beat than the first round.
Your argument holds little water I'm afraid and besides all that my original posting was meant humourously and not to be taken seriously in any way shape or form.

So TottenhamAberdeen TottenhamAberdeen my ideal draw would be Home to Crawley Town
Hows that spursmalc is that less knackering and league points threatening ??? :thumbup:

Last edited:
In actual fact my fear with drawing a much lower league side is their players are much less fitter than a Premier League one and that will result in lots of late tackles flying in, particularly towards the end of the match. You also tend to encounter the odd 'would be local hero' in these teams who wants to tell all his mates down the pub how he 'put one on Harry Kane' or 'roughed up' Son Heung-min.

Back
Top Bottom