Last Day At The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder what the missus said, when he got home with that...

index.php

I wonder what the missus said, when he got home with that...

index.php
Brilliant.
A young un i know got presented with the seat his late father use to sit on yesterday.He is spurs mad as well, but went off the rails a tadge and is at the moment on a ban.But his dads friends did well by him.
Sorting himself out ,he's a good kid :)

Last edited:
I'm always going to regret not going on the pitch :walkercry:

I was back row of the Paxton lower. Hemmed in but was content soaking in the view then by the time I thought I should head down they were getting a bit militant about clearing the pitch!

Props to whoever stole the Penalty Spot though. Genius steal.

I'm always going to regret not going on the pitch :walkercry:

I was back row of the Paxton lower. Hemmed in but was content soaking in the view then by the time I thought I should head down they were getting a bit militant about clearing the pitch!

Props to whoever stole the Penalty Spot though. Genius steal.
Yeah, me too.

Not sure if this pic has been posted yet but this is the best one I have seen. This image shows what will go down in Spurs legend. Taken by Bardi Bardi (Get the fucker copy written mate, this time next year you'll be a millionaire!!!)
C_0MykrXoAA-2QP.jpg

Yeah, me too.

Not sure if this pic has been posted yet but this is the best one I have seen. This image shows what will go down in Spurs legend. Taken by Bardi Bardi (Get the fucker copy written mate, this time next year you'll be a millionaire!!!)
C_0MykrXoAA-2QP.jpg
Yep.....that is an epic photo.

Could easily go up at the new place...expect a Levy bid tho.......£5.99

:levystare:

Yeah, me too.

C_0MykrXoAA-2QP.jpg

Epic photo. And in a strange way it makes me feel even better - Its great to see the pitch full but look at the stands and they also look full. Makes the whole scene immense.

What a great great day and send off to WHL. No ticket but watched the game in the Bell and Hare and then tried to get in after the game. Coppers weren't having any of it so people power took over and the gates got rushed and a load of us got into the Park Lane to watch the ceremony. Was a brilliant way to end the day
That's the way to do it!
A truly very special day – a great privilege to be there and one I will never, ever forget. Big hat off to the fans. Were hugely noisy before the teams had even walked out, kept it up non stop throughout the match and then to sing for Gascoigne and Lennon during the ceremony made me feel really emotional (some of the newspapers have picked that up too). I had to laugh at the few supporters left in the Man Utd end at the end of the match. Very obviously Spurs supporters especially the one holding the flag!

There are so many things I feel sad about missing what sounds like a truly monumental day... in any other life i'd have been there.... but the reality of missing the last game at White Hart Lane is only now hitting home.

But hearing, reading and yes, even watching some of the Vlogs (gawd help us) have really managed to knit together the feeling, emotion and pure, unadulterated joy of those of you lucky enough to be there yesterday.
The atmosphere looked electric... and as for the rainbow... well really, fuck me, but that only happens at the end of Movies... it just doesn't happen in real life... and yet there you all were, watching up poignantly to the sky, as the rainbow guided your eyes from the old to the new White Hart Lane...

...there have been so many times down the years, where untimely goals, ghost goals disallowed that were goals... crazy, almost Spursy endings to seasons that should never normally happen... and yet they always seemed to happen to Spurs... it was a case of almost, but not quite for so long...
Well, a RAINBOW to the ticker-tape backdrop of GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH/TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR (delete as applicable... I know the lyrics divide many!) only happens to Tottenham Hotspur!
...and good job too!

i've been genuinely welling up watching some of the footage... You all did yourselves, and the club Proud.

THE THING I LOVE MOST, IS BEING A YID!

SO, SO PROUD TO BE TOTTENHAM!

Great Day, people was apparently paying £50-100 on the gate to get in yesterday so probably the reason why it felt more rammed :dembelelol:.

Just watched the Closing ceremony in its' entirety... Wow. Words fail me.
...as a grown man of 44, i'm not ashamed to ask someone to pass the hankies... i'm gone, that's me gone...
Little Terry Dyson walking on did it for me... and we were only onto the 'D's... Incredible feeling of unity and Family.

Like so many others in North London, and around the World...
I feel so privileged to support this Wonderful Club.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

For 55 years I have walked the High Road to see the old girl. It has, like Trigger's broom, had many incarnations, but it remained the same.
From bunking off school, leaving work early and downright bare faced lying to get there, it always drew me.
To family that tolerated me, to the school that despaired of me, to the employers who never understood, to the girls that left me, to the friends who knew, and the wife who is, indeed, a Saint.
It was always only Tottenham, my Tottenham.
If you love a club, you will know, you just know.If you don't, you never will.
Today I will make that walk one last time to say goodbye. Until a new young girl appears on the High Road, to succeed the Grand Old Lady.
Farewell Old Girl, it 's been emotional.
As Whitney Houston once said,
" . . hand Hi eye eye, hi will always a lovvvveeeee a yoooooooooouuuuuu . . "

C Ds at the Bar, Get 'em while you can.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Great quote, sums it all up very well for me.

Back
Top Bottom