Lack of urgency

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, Id rather support a Spurs team playing in the tradition we are known for.

Flowing, attacking football. Athure Rowe defined a playing style in British football some 60 years ago that many managers have emulated over the decades, and class and style is synonymous with our club.

I take great pride in that, and would rather be a top four club playing daring, thrilling football than win the PL playing like the gooners in the 80's.

"It is full of beautiful movements. Ballet movements if you like. It was never meant to be played in the air. Lets give the public real football."

Danny Blanchflower

Maybe he should have fucked off to Barnet too.

Or perhaps Bil Nic himself:

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."

Didnt he also talk about boring the opposition into defeat?

If only you knew your history...I guess for fans like you though, bumbling our way to 4th playing like a team of snails would make you cum in your pants.

I agree, bring back push and run, the football that defined our great club, the football that led blanchflower and mckay to the first ever double, the first european cup, bring that flowing,passing football, it seems to have all but dissappeared, saw alot of it with modric,vdv etc, but we need to bring it back!

I agree, bring back push and run, the football that defined our great club, the football that led blanchflower and mckay to the first ever double, the first european cup, bring that flowing,passing football, it seems to have all but dissappeared, saw alot of it with modric,vdv etc, but we need to bring it back!

I think I half-heartedly joked about this a few years ago, when Bale was really coming to prominence, Lennon was fit and VdV/Modric had the footballing intelligence to do something about it... but I genuinely think AVB has the acumen to try and pull something like this off... and it's not like we don't have pace and ability in the team!

If Lennon & Dembele stay fit, Bale just STAYS, Walker puts his 'second season syndrome' behind him, and we get THE INTELLIGENT, VERSATILE STRIKER we really need, then I don't see why a push-and-run style team can't be assembled... GENUINELY!

I think I half-heartedly joked about this a few years ago, when Bale was really coming to prominence, Lennon was fit and VdV/Modric had the footballing intelligence to do something about it... but I genuinely think AVB has the acumen to try and pull something like this off... and it's not like we don't have pace and ability in the team!

If Lennon & Dembele stay fit, Bale just STAYS, Walker puts his 'second season syndrome' behind him, and we get THE INTELLIGENT, VERSATILE STRIKER we really need, then I don't see why a push-and-run style team can't be assembled... GENUINELY!

I'd love our beautiful football back, if Levy get's his chequebook out and buys a good striker! people play with a sense of pride and urgency and if bale stays which everything is crossed for, hands off real madrid! then i'll be a happy yid, watching bale bail us out ( if you pardon the pun) is getting annoying now:( we will be back! next season

The future's bright, it's lilywhite(hopefully)
COYS!:avbdamn:

I'd love our beautiful football back, if Levy get's his chequebook out and buys a good striker! people play with a sense of pride and urgency and if bale stays which everything is crossed for, hands off real madrid! then i'll be a happy yid, watching bale bail us out ( if you pardon the pun) is getting annoying now:( we will be back! next season

Don't start THAT again!

Though I guess this is the thread for such words!!

I think we should just kick back and watch the same old thing happening year after year.
th
th

No, Id rather support a Spurs team playing in the tradition we are known for.

Flowing, attacking football. Athure Rowe defined a playing style in British football some 60 years ago that many managers have emulated over the decades, and class and style is synonymous with our club.

I take great pride in that, and would rather be a top four club playing daring, thrilling football than win the PL playing like the gooners in the 80's.

"It is full of beautiful movements. Ballet movements if you like. It was never meant to be played in the air. Lets give the public real football."

Danny Blanchflower

Maybe he should have fucked off to Barnet too.

Or perhaps Bil Nic himself:

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."

Didnt he also talk about boring the opposition into defeat?

If only you knew your history...I guess for fans like you though, bumbling our way to 4th playing like a team of snails would make you cum in your pants.

Oh do shut up you self righteous, pompous prick. You, I and everyone else on this forum know that if we were to win the league by winning every game 1-0, with all the goals coming from long punts forward you would celebrate just like the rest of us.

As for your attempt at playing the "I know more about football history than you" game. Pretty pathetic. Any Spurs fan who knows anything can sit here and talk about our history of push and run football it doesn't however strengthen your argument in any way, shape or form to try and belittle me by trying to impress everyone with trivial little quotes.

I think the main reason our ascendency isn't heightened is the genuine lack of pace on the wings and the fitness of Dembele. Lennon's appearences are sporadic through injury, Bale has moved to the centre, Dembele is playing with half a hip and cannot be expected to run past half the opposition team like he was at the start of the season. We lack pace and that is what terrifies teams. Without the option of somebody who has genuine speed and can run in behind the defence teams can and are pressing us deep and we have no option but pass through the defence and straight into a packed midfield, few of our players can beat a man one on one atm, Bale aside. If you saw AVB's Porto side play there was no lack of urgency there, he was just far more fortunate on the injury front. I think free flowing football is returning to the Lane, it's just a matter of time and recovery to much of the squad:sandro:

Oh do shut up you self righteous, pompous prick. You, I and everyone else on this forum know that if we were to win the league by winning every game 1-0, with all the goals coming from long punts forward you would celebrate just like the rest of us.

As for your attempt at playing the "I know more about football history than you" game. Pretty pathetic. Any Spurs fan who knows anything can sit here and talk about our history of push and run football it doesn't however strengthen your argument in any way, shape or form to try and belittle me by trying to impress everyone with trivial little quotes.

Have some pos rep for feeling belittled.

Blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhh...........

:adelol:

Blimey... what thread did I stumble into here....?

Lights out boys, doncha know there's a war on tomorrow?

:parker: :carrollwtf: :avbwtf:

Let's get angry TOGETHER... not at EACHOTHER!

Blimey... what thread did I stumble into here....?

Lights out boys, doncha know there's a war on tomorrow?

:parker: :carrollwtf: :avbwtf:

Let's get angry TOGETHER... not at EACHOTHER!

Any Spurs fan who classes Danny Blanchflower and Bil Nic's ethics of the game as "trivial little quotes" gets zero respect from me, I couldnt care less who we are playing tomorrow.

I agree... Bale's dramatic late winners were so 3 days ago... I'm more into the dominating Chelsea from start to finish :baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom