Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see Walker going to United this summer, if Everton continue being shit I think Coleman would be a much cheaper option for them and it's not like he hasn't already proven to be a great player.

I hope walker doesn't go anywhere. Amazing athlete and will just keep getting better. He looks a different player under potch already.

But, we are a selling club no matter how much we try and deny it. Under levy, everybody is for sale.

I hope walker doesn't go anywhere. Amazing athlete and will just keep getting better. He looks a different player under potch already.

But, we are a selling club no matter how much we try and deny it. Under levy, everybody is for sale.
You say we're a selling club and although I agree we have been Levy seems to have turned a bit of a corner with Poch.. We didn't have a great start but he never seemed to put the pressure on and I'm sure I remember seeing a quote when he put Poch in charge saying that as long as he implements his style well and he can see a positive change that he will stick by him.

Maybe this is also representative of his transfer policy too? Could just be wishful thinking but I personally feel that he has got a real long term vision now with the stadium plans, manager and hopefully squad!!

You say we're a selling club and although I agree we have been Levy seems to have turned a bit of a corner with Poch.. We didn't have a great start but he never seemed to put the pressure on and I'm sure I remember seeing a quote when he put Poch in charge saying that as long as he implements his style well and he can see a positive change that he will stick by him.

Maybe this is also representative of his transfer policy too? Could just be wishful thinking but I personally feel that he has got a real long term vision now with the stadium plans, manager and hopefully squad!!

We had a summer where no top players left. That straight away is a big change, I was fully expecting Jan or Lloris to leave, yet one of them signed a new contract.

Was a warrior yesterday. Folks like Bentaleb and Mason get a lot of recognition for their dedication (and rightfully so), but Walker has got to be up there for me after yesterday's performance -- his leg was clearly killing him for the last few minutes of the half.

I thought Walker wasn't up to his best, but it's unfair to be too harsh him perhaps with Hazard being their number one creator going forward.

I look forward to him being back to 100%

Any news on Yedlin's injury? Is he available or still not quite ready for first team action, due to the injury or not? I want Kyle back asap, but eventually he'll need to be rested regardless. I'm not a big fan of either Dier or Vlad at RB.

Rather Vlad at RB as we can keep Dier at CB, don't mind Fazio but his lack of pace sometimes worries me.

His style is important to us, but he's such a bad footballer (in terms of awareness, touch, passing, crossing) that if he had no pace. he would be playing for Leicester. I think we CAN upgrade on him personally. But if Rose can up his game, hopefully Walker can too.

I have defended Walker from criticism from a group of mates but yesterday was one big stick with which to beat him with. He gave the ball away 27 times....Twenty seven times....

I have defended Walker from criticism from a group of mates but yesterday was one big stick with which to beat him with. He gave the ball away 27 times....Twenty seven times....
With the players we have available now- there's no doubt that we are a better side with him playing. Yesterday though, to quote Jim lahey, "He started out as a little shit-spark off the old shit-flame. Then, by the time it was the 13th minute he'd turned into a shit-bonfire. Then, he was a shit-inferno burning out of control."

I think he needs to be given the Danny Rose treatment, Naughton leaving meant that literally its Walker or Vlad for right back, as soon as Davies came along Rose has upped his game dramatically from last year, whether its young Fredricks who comes back or we buy we need someone to genuinely give him a kick up the arse as for someone so talented his focus is poor

I am going to get a lot of negative rep for this, but I have to say Walker looks like he has a bag of air in his head almost 90% of the time I see him play football.

In the past 3 years (considering he was injured a lot last year), I can almost certainly say he would not have put in more than 10 decent crosses in the box. He constantly keeps getting caught ball watching and when I see him live, I normally pay attention to the full backs very often even when we are attacking and almost every time he is not involved in the attack, he completely ignores the opposition attacker on his side. Then on most cases he catches up because of his pace, but he should have a presence of mind to pay attention to players around him even if the ball in the opposite side of the field.

He constantly fouls players when he is caught wandering and his passing is not that great. He gets a lot of support, much more than Danny Rose surprisingly. And I get that, he is a young attacking english fullback and we are excited to see him make the grade as a genuine world class player and he seems like a likeable chap. But recently, especially in AVB's first season he kept making mistake after mistake defensively.

You list down the things that you would expect a good fullback to have
Pace
Crossing
Passing
Tackling without fouling
Playing the offside trap well
And except for his athleticism, I don't see a single attribute that I would desire in a full back.

His terrible passing and crossing is completely overlooked by everyone. Almost 9 times out of 10 he dallies on the ball too long when he attacks and plays a pass backwards breaking the momentum.

Poch has a way with fullbacks as we have seen and I hope he makes Walker better, but I just can't see it. If a player is "football intelligent" and making mistakes and doesn't have enough athleticism, he can be trained and the team can be tactically setup to play to his strengths. Rose was hated a lot but he has improved a lot because of his football intelligence and his very decent crossing. But with Walker I see absolutely no football intelligence. So I simply cannot see him improving because you can't train someone to have football intelligence quickly. Hope DeAndre Yedlin can come up with the goods.

Funnily enough, I still think Walker is definitely in the top three right English fullbacks and don't know whether to laugh or cry at that fact!

Here's a picture of Scarlett Johansson to calm people who are getting pissed at this rant.

Scarlett-Johansson-Cleavy-Adds-in-Vanity-Fair-Magazine-02-cr1407860054762-400x470.jpg

Back
Top Bottom