Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think there are about 5 players who would have been ahead of KW as captain. Not sure where you're getting those ideas from? I'm a big fan of Walker have been since before he started getting regular games under Redknapp.

It's not magic, Pochettino is an excellent coach and has shown how he can transform players.
Kane, Dier, Vertonghen and Rose probably ahead on the pecking list. Nice to have so many people capable of leadership tbh.

Put yourself in Trippiers shoes here.

You've been in the line up consistently since April. You overtake, some would call, the best right back in the country who is then sold.

You think you'll be number one because that's what you've been primed for, only to see your club splash £22,000,000 on a player in your position with the money they got from Walker.

How would you feel? Like you deserve more?
didnt Pochettino tell Rose he would make him the best left back in England and then go out and buy Davies?

I think there are about 5 players who would have been ahead of KW as captain. Not sure where you're getting those ideas from?

Fan talk... Here and other forums. Didn't say he was #1, just that he was in the conversation which is rather contrary to the post-sale attitude towards him displayed by some.

I'm a big fan of Walker have been since before he started getting regular games under Redknapp.

Me too.

It's not magic, Pochettino is an excellent coach and has shown how he can transform players.

The raw materials still need to be there... Some carry on like it doesn't matter who we sign and that every academy graduate will shock the world like HK.

Just so I'm clear...

I not disputing the eventual decision to sell. I'm just not placated by the amount received like many are and feel we'd have been better off selling him at a lower price to a non-rival.

Fan talk... Here and other forums. Didn't say he was #1, just that he was in the conversation which is rather contrary to the post-sale attitude towards him displayed by some.

Me too.

The raw materials still need to be there... Some carry on like it doesn't matter who we sign and that every academy graduate will shock the world like HK.

Just so I'm clear...

I not disputing the eventual decision to sell. I'm just not placated by the amount received like many are and feel we'd have been better off selling him at a lower price to a non-rival.

No one else seemed to be interested in him? I doubt he'd fancy a life abroad. He doesn't seem the type.

If there's one thing I've learnt in life, it's that people who say things like "you're never wrong" are people with a disproportionate mouth to brain ratio.
Mate, you got completely owned few days ago with facts and didn't even have the courage to respond - just ran away like a coward. How ironic you calling others simpletons.

No mention of the manager unless I missed it? I think it's nailed on that this was a Poch decision & from the looks of it, Walker doesn't look overjoyed at his windfall. He does look like he could break out in tears at any moment. Fair play to him. He didn't have to put out that clip & it's a nice touch.

Mate, you got completely owned few days ago with facts and didn't even have the courage to respond - just ran away like a coward. How ironic you calling others simpletons.

"owned with facts"

Right. Or got fed up with your transparent attempts to spam up the forum. The irony is how you accuse others of "always being right" but seem to exist only for that purpose yourself, even if you have to invent how right you are.

It's £45m upfront, another £5m next season guaranteed and £4m in bonuses - plus they are paying the sell on fee, so actually more like £60m - £65m.
Went on their forum and they are still insisting its 45m with 5m asd ons based on multiple targets being met lol. This is after kyle walkers agency have already confirmed its over 50m loool.

"owned with facts"

Right. Or got fed up with your transparent attempts to spam up the forum. The irony is how you accuse others of "always being right" but seem to exist only for that purpose yourself, even if you have to invent how right you are.
Please go at least learn how the transfer window works before throwing accusations of spamming towards others.

What a load of shit! No mention of what Poch has done for him, no respect shown probably because he would not tow the line and was let go.
Give him some when we play them next!
Wtf you on about? Its was very respectful plus hes been here since 09 so he's not gonna start reading off all the managers he has worked under. He even jokingly said thanks for putting up with me which insinuates he was maybe sometimes difficult to manage at times. Either way nice measage.

Back
Top Bottom