Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or Pep's tactics
I think both, and we already knew both things. City's fullbacks are old, slow and unable to play to the level required. And Pep, to compensate, went full Ardiles. But given City's transfers to this point of the summer, I am not sure he plans on backing off from the full Ardiles. Which will be fun, but also gives us a much better chance.

Personally, if we are going to sell Walker, I'd ignore the fee. My minimum demands would be Iheanacho. He's a talent we could use and it's the deal that would hurt City the most.
Absolutely. City doesn't want to sell Iheanacho to a direct rival, so why should we consider doing the same with Walker?

I wouldn't mind Patrick Roberts.
Why not both & a healthy fee on top?
If Roberts is valued at £5 million, & Iheanacho is £20 million, then why not both of them & £30 million?

They won't touch that deal though because they want first dabs on Iheanacho if he fulfils the promise he's shown. In which case, fuck 'em. Why should we bend down & open our cheeks just because Pep wants a shiny new player & thinks he can get him on his terms with a bid that won't suit us.

Walker still has 4 years on his contract so he's stuck- that's assuming he even wants to leave.

Why not both & a healthy fee on top?
If Roberts is valued at £5 million, & Iheanacho is £20 million, then why not both of them & £30 million?

They won't touch that deal though because they want first dabs on Iheanacho if he fulfils the promise he's shown. In which case, fuck 'em. Why should we bend down & open our cheeks just because Pep wants a shiny new player & thinks he can get him on his terms with a bid that won't suit us.

Walker still has 4 years on his contract so he's stuck- that's assuming he even wants to leave.

Plus, bringing Roberts and Iheanacho into the discussion would potentially unsettle two of their most promising stars.

I hate Fraudiola with a passion takes the glory for a peak Barcelona who have been taught to play that way since before their balls drop then blags a one horse race gig for a few years in Germany then comes to city and flops but manages to convince one of the world's richest men who knows fuck all about football to buy him anything he wants , now his game plan seems to be copy Pochettino and get quality full backs who can double up as wingers create width because that seems to work well in the PL, if he succeeds it will all be about pep and his philosophy when that catalonian cuntbag wouldn't know a revolutionary new style of play if it bit him on the fucking arse.

Last edited:
Plus, bringing Roberts and Iheanacho into the discussion would potentially unsettle two of their most promising stars.
I think Iheanacho is gone this summer. But Citeh are like the spoiled fat kid & want some ridiculous buy back clause in any deal- so they want him to develop elsewhere whilst someone picks up his wage bill & then bring him back if he hits the heights a lot of people think he will. It's a win/win strategy for them if they can find anyone gullible enough to agree to such a deal. If he's the real deal, they get him back for not much more than they sold him for. If he falls away, then they have washed their hands of him. They are a despicable pile of shit at that club these days.

I think Iheanacho is gone this summer. But Citeh are like the spoiled fat kid & want some ridiculous buy back clause in any deal- so they want him to develop elsewhere whilst someone picks up his wage bill & then bring him back if he hits the heights a lot of people think he will. It's a win/win strategy for them if they can find anyone gullible enough to agree to such a deal. If he's the real deal, they get him back for not much more than they sold him for. If he falls away, then they have washed their hands of him. They are a despicable pile of shit at that club these days.
That's just Txiki carrying over the same business model that worked for them at Barca. It doesn't bother me all that much, but it does leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth I'll admit. If another club is willing to be taken advantage of in such a manner then honestly that's their prerogative, but I'm a little shocked that so many clubs seem okay with such an arrangement and it definitely appears to be an especially creative way to maintain a de-facto third-party ownership on players without the explicit understanding of the term.

When was the last time a swap deal actually happened? Seem to always be rumours about them, but I can't remember the last case of it actually happening, for whatever reason.

Cole/Gallas
Matic/Luiz
Etoo/Ibrahimovic
Cole/Gillespie

There are probably loads of little ones doing between clubs. Davies and Vorm sweetening the Sigurdsson deal. Njie and Nkoudou etc.

Sky are now reporting that Walker isn't definitely keen to leave and was just annoyed by team selection for certain games.

Seems like PR to me, it was about the money (always is) and City have now cooled their interest as Levy won't accept a low ball offer.

Sky are now reporting that Walker isn't definitely keen to leave and was just annoyed by team selection for certain games.

Seems like PR to me, it was about the money (always is) and City have now cooled their interest as Levy won't accept a low ball offer.

Some outlets saying they'll be bidding as early as Wednesday.

Sky reporting that City thinks he'll cost 40m, which to me is a derisory figure.

Manchester City are set to begin talks with Tottenham over the potential signing of Kyle Walker, according to Sky (the company that also controls SkyBet - "Kyle Walker is now odds-on to join Manchester City this summer, with Sky Bet reporting strong backing for the right-back to leave Tottenham.")

Sky Sports News HQ understands that City's approach could come as early as this week, following England's international against France on Tuesday.

Manager Pep Guardiola is thought to be confident of landing the England right-back and hopes to strike a deal for as little over £40m as possible.

But Tottenham, who gave Walker a new five-year contract last September, are under no pressure to sell the 27-year-old and are understood to value Walker at closer to £50m.

City are certainly unaware of any increase in Spurs' valuation towards £60m, which was cited by several newspapers over the weekend.

Sky sources claim Walker is relaxed about his future, and is not agitating for a move away from a club at which he has spent the past eight years and harbours a deep affection for.

But he is understood to have been unhappy at not being selected for particular games towards the end of the season, as manager Mauricio Pochettino rotated him with Kieran Trippier.

Trippier, who is now rivalling Walker for the England right-back role, improved as the season has progressed and has proven himself a long-term first-choice in the position for Spurs.

City are therefore hoping to tempt Walker to the Etihad by offering to make him their primary right-back (because he will be able to play 50 games per season under Guardiola)

Back
Top Bottom