Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Poch isn't bothered about him leaving what's the problem? Perhaps he's seen something we geniuses haven't? He can't come out and say he wants rid - that would weaken Levy's negotiating position and nobody wants that.

Yep.

How about after 3 years of sustained progress. Going from top 6 also rans to title contenders who scored the most and conceded the least in the league. Seeing one of the top two training facilities in the country completed and serious progress made on the second biggest domestic football stadium in the country - We have some faith that the Manager / Chairman have the best interests of the club at heart and know what they are fucking doing more than us plebs.

Yep.

How about after 3 years of sustained progress. Going from top 6 also rans to title contenders who scored the most and conceded the least in the league. Seeing one of the top two training facilities in the country completed and serious progress made on the second biggest domestic football stadium in the country - We have some faith that the Manager / Chairman have the best interests of the club at heart and know what they are fucking doing more than us plebs.

Thing is, this outlook takes for granted the idea that this was by our design... Before any ripples were caused was Poch actively thinking "I want to move KW on"...? I doubt that.

Yep.

Yeah, pleb pleb !

:pochserious:

:sonpoint:

Thing is, this outlook takes for granted the idea that this was by our design... Before any ripples were caused was Poch actively thinking "I want to move KW on"...? I doubt that.

Perhaps not, but part of being successful in any buisness is the ability to be dynamic and i have faith that if Walker does go it will be on our terms. Its clear that others have less faith.

Tbf, not sure voicing concerns is the really the same as having "a dig".

Well fair enough. Perhaps i have my back up because its clear with a certain type of supporter that although those "Levy Out" banners have been begrudgingly stashed away in sheds and lofts they will relish any opportunity to get them out and brush off the cobwebs.

Perhaps not, but part of being successful in any buisness is the ability to be dynamic and i have faith that if Walker does go it will be on our terms. Its clear that others have less faith.

My main concern in the face of that notion (which I otherwise accept), is being held over some form of 'only City' barrel.

...To me it kinda renders anything but an insane fee (which they're seemingly nowhere near prepared to reach) null. We need to be able to fund a bonafide top level replacement due to selling the equivalent + the value of another quality player on top to counter the strengthening an opponent factor... Can't see how we'll get anywhere close to that.

We'd realistically still need £40m+ if say BM bought him instead.

[Enter KW. If he genuinely feels he needs this move to City for non financial reasons then he's gotta subsidise a huge chunk of his transfer fee with his own wages... Just as doubtful most would say.]

Well fair enough. Perhaps i have my back up because its clear with a certain type of supporter that although those "Levy Out" banners have been begrudgingly stashed away in sheds and lofts they will relish any opportunity to get them out and brush off the cobwebs.

I hear ya mate, but we can only roll with what we're presented with... Maybe you know some such 'characters' a little better than I...?

Is there any actual truth to this story? Or is it journo's just trying to justify the bullshit they've been shoveling for the past two months...

I'm talking about the whole Walker to City story...
There has been nothing, I repeat NOTHING, official from either club, the player or his agent.
Maybe I'm being overly naive here, but I would have thought that something would have come out through official channels after this long ?

It just seems like a story that the media won't let go of, regardless of whether talks have even taken place.

I'm calling bullshit on the whole thing
:angryscouser:

:dembelefingers:

Alves probably thought he was going to Man Utd then realised they don't wear blue.

That should tell you all you need to know.

Back
Top Bottom