Kudos to AberdeenYid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aberdeen gets kudos for saying play Bale in the middle ONE YEAR after Redknapp got slated to fuck, for actually doing it...

You gotta luuurve forums

:adegrin:

BIt different mate - AY said turn him into a striker, 'Arry said he's a left back and played him on the right...

Then we could also get someone to play on the left that's almost as quick, but more defensively minded to help BAE. Danny Rose could do that. Someone relatively inexpensive like Sebastian Larson or Aiden McGeady could do very well for us too at around £5m.

Townsends smashing it up at Qpr, and Danny Rose is doing the shit at Sunderland...

BIt different mate - AY said turn him into a striker, 'Arry said he's a left back and played him on the right...

Funny that cos when Arry took over, Bale was shite, and had been played at LB. Redknapp actually decided to play BAE, who had been benchwarming for 2 years, and push Bale up to LW, where he developed into the player he is today.

He roams today, much like he did towards the end of last season, with him and Lennon swapping sides, as there is always the danger of teams putting three men on him, and him getting "found out".

He played his best game of last season away to Norwich as a Centre Forward.

You may not like Arry, but lets not be silly and try to re-write history and start claiming that this was all AVBs idea.

Sort of back. Just having a chat and a laugh with some old friends n foes..

Im glory hunting really. We are doing well so Im on here. If we lose to the Scum and Scousers, you wont see me :dude:
genuienly missed you Sammy, you old loon :3 Hopefully coming to your home in may for a right piss up and a cup celebration! :avbpray:

genuienly missed you Sammy, you old loon :3 Hopefully coming to your home in may for a right piss up and a cup celebration! :avbpray:

Mate if we make Amsterdam, I'll be the TFC tourguide. 50 euro per person, and you can all stay at my house. My missus is Swedish, and she cooks a mean omlette.

Re-writing history indeed

Bale was playing very well when he first arrived prior to his first major injury - everyone saw the talent.

Arry was on the brink of approving his loan to Forest and only pulled out because BAE got injured. Once the latter was back, Bale was too good to drop and he had to accommodate him somehow by moving Modric away from the left (where he was largely wasted btw) - a tactical masterstroke extraordinnaire. Yeah, fantastic development and man-management - just ask Krunchie, Corluka, Bentley, Pav, etc. - and all those players who wasted years of their lives on the bench because 'no one got injured' while semi-cloggers started games, after games eventhouh they couldn't run anymore. Triffic

Back
Top Bottom