Juande Ramos Dishes Out the Home Truths

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After he had played him in the middle....his natural position, which allowed him to come to terms with the PL.

Ramos played Modric out of position (LW) from day one, and he was shit there as he was out of his depth.

That was my point. Harry played him LW after he had played him CM. Modric had well found his feet before being moved out wide.

That is why I think Ramos was a prick.
Harry played Modric out left as early as his 2-3rd game in charge - that makes no sense

I love how he says, Berbatov needed to go and a few lines further , Berbatov didnt want to stay ...

This all sounds like Calimero to me, oh the evil big boss did all wrong and the poor manager is not to blame. 2 fucking points from eight games , there are reasons for that but some of the blame is yours.

I dont agree on the eating healthy part btw, it is obviously important to keep your weight and fat % under control but some coaches overly focus on that and forget that football at that level is a mental game more than anything else.

He wasn't a CM - whichever way you want to spin it. Ramos did nothing wrong and if he did - then Arry was a fool to do the same and reap top performances, right?

As I said, Arry played him out wide after he had established Modric as a confident PL player by playing where he was comfortable. In the middle.

Ramos played him LW from the off, and Modric was out of his depth, and his performances where shit because of it.

That is why I said Ramos was a prick.

Shall we do this all day, or.....?

I always saw it as Modric got bedded in on the LW, settled, and then moved CM. Which was a natural extension of him roaming centrally anyway.

I disagree with Arcspace in that it was to accomodate Bale, I think it was a necessity because Palacios got injured, but it amounts to the same thing.

He wasnt a proper CM until late in that season, did very well and made the spot his own. We barely saw Palacios since.

As I said, Arry played him out wide after he had established Modric as a confident PL player by playing where he was comfortable. In the middle.

Ramos played him LW from the off, and Modric was out of his depth, and his performances where shit because of it.

That is why I said Ramos was a prick.

Shall we do this all day, or.....?

Arry played him as an attacking wide-mid - not a CM as you initially claimed few posts up. It is indeed impossible to debate with someone who keeps changing his argument all the time - but your initial assertion remains wrong.

Arry played him as an attacking wide-mid - not a CM as you initially claimed few posts up. It is indeed impossible to debate with someone who keeps changing his argument all the time - but your initial assertion remains wrong.

I concede that it wasnt out and out CM, as in the position he played in the CL year.....sorry my memory wasnt 1 billion% accurate.

It was however accurate enough to remember he played in the middle from the start, and NOT from the last 5 games of the 09-10 season.

Which you made up. Like you made up he played LW as early as Harry's 2nd-3rd game.

And Im the one "moving the goal posts"....

:paulinhobored:

He played LW in the CL year (09/10) up intil the very end - none of that was made up

You simply used the wrong stick to discredit Ramos, especially seeing that your idol Arry did the exact same thing. He had many flaws granted, but Modric was not one of them, afaic.

He played LW in the CL year (09/10) up intil the very end - none of that was made up

You simply used the wrong stick to discredit Ramos, especially seeing that your idol Arry did the exact same thing. He had many flaws granted, but Modric was not one of them, afaic.

Harry did it after he had played Modric in the middle...giving Modric the confidence to play PL football before he played him out of position....but Ive said that now five times havent I...

You said he played LW as early as Harry's 2nd3rd game - Made up
You said he didnt play in the middle until the end of 09-10 - Made up

I dont agree on the eating healthy part btw, it is obviously important to keep your weight and fat % under control but some coaches overly focus on that and forget that football at that level is a mental game more than anything else.
Yay! I'm gonna be signed by a club next week! :soldadowatch:

Cannae wait! :adegrin2:

Only that Harry signed the right players to play that system well enough?

And that by August, Modric had enough PL confidence to be played out LW?
Which players were out of position in Ramos' set up?

Arry played him as an attacking-mid drifting wide, not CM- which by your logic is also 'out of position'. So which one is it?

Which players were out of position in Ramos' set up?

Arry played him as an attacking-mid drifting wide, not CM- which by your logic is also 'out of position'. So which one is it?

I said he signed the right players to play that system well enough...

And Modric with no PL experience in his natural position could be considered out of position, if he's put LW under those circumstances.

A PL confident Modric was fine at LW. He also cut in under Harry, but didnt under Ramos.

Back
Top Bottom