Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hart-free
Doherty-£15 million.
Rodon-£12-15 million.
Reguilon-£24 million.
Hojberg-£15 million or swap for KWP.
Bale-loan.
Vinicius-loan,
Bergwijn-£28 million he came out last February saying it was not his choice.
3 transfer windows roughly spent less than £100 million and you say he has been backed?
Please stick to something you may know something about because football clearly is not one of them.
He got 9 players in 2 windows.

For once I can't even criticise ENIC (and i despise them) we were one of the biggest spenders in one of the toughest windows.

His choice of recruitment was just shit. Had he got someone beter than Doherty etc.. then maybe we'd do better.

If Levy promised Jose more don't you think we'd know about it?
Jose got he wanted then realised he's not as good as he thought he was.
I think we all know that Jose did not want Rodon.
Milan Skriniar at Inter or Ruben Dias were the men Jose wanted now confirmed by both.
Please don't tell me Jose was even aware of Rodon who by the way may well turn out to be a good player in the future.

He got 9 players in 2 windows.

For once I can't even criticise ENIC (and i despise them) we were one of the biggest spenders in one of the toughest windows.

His choice of recruitment was just shit. Had he got someone beter than Doherty etc.. then maybe we'd do better.

Doherty was good for Wolves because they played him as a RWB which is his natural position. We use him defensively or even on the left. You then look at Bale who can still shoot and cross brilliantly but isn’t good at tracking back so doesn’t get used.

Both of those players are attacking minded and therefore don’t fit Jose’s system. If we look at the main players all the strength is in attack and would suit an attacking coach perfectly, but we have a ultra defensive coach.

attacking

Kane, Bale, Son, Berwijn, Lucas, Aurier, Doherty, Regulion, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Lamela, Vinnie

Defensive

Dier, Toby, PEH, Sanchez, Winks?, Sissoko

Last edited:
We can always argue about the squad, transfers and players, however at the end of the day we are employing one of the highest paid managers in football. It's ok to demand and expect better from him. Even the fans that want to keep him.

Doherty was good for Wolves because they played him as a RWB which is his natural position. We use him defensively or even on the left. You then look at Bale who can still shoot and cross brilliantly but isn’t good at tracking back so doesn’t get used.

Both of those players are attacking minded and therefore don’t fit Jose’s system. If we look at the main players all the strength is in attack and would suit an attacking coach perfectly, but we have a ultra defensive coach.

attacking

Kane, Bale, Son, Berwijn, Lucas, Aurier, Doherty, Regulion, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Lamela

Defensive

Why did he buy Doherty.

I could've told you he wouldn't have fit the system. So why did Mourinho decide to chose him as our RB knowing he wouldn't be suitable.

attacking

Kane, Bale, Son, Berwijn, Lucas, Aurier, Doherty, Regulion, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele, Lamela

Defensive

Great post. You can generally typecast players as defensive and offensive players. We set up with 9 defensive players yet we have a deluge of attacking players

Why did he buy Doherty.

I could've told you he wouldn't have fit the system. So why did Mourinho decide to chose him as our RB knowing he wouldn't be suitable.

No idea, all I know is it at least gave Aurier a rocket up his arse. He has been mainly good since we got back up.

I think we all know that Jose did not want Rodon.
Milan Skriniar at Inter or Ruben Dias were the men Jose wanted now confirmed by both.
Please don't tell me Jose was even aware of Rodon who by the way may well turn out to be a good player in the future.
How was Jose so easily fooled?
Was it Levy's reputation of reckless spending?
Do you at their talks Levy handed him a blank chequebook and then took it back right after Jose signed?

Why did he buy Doherty.

This is one thing I have a massive issue with about Mourinho. We signed strong wing backs for both sides of the pitch, and have rarely played them in those positions. That does get on my tits.

How was Jose so easily fooled?
Was it Levy's reputation of reckless spending?
Do you at their talks Levy handed him a blank chequebook and then took it back right after Jose signed?
I think Jose was promised a lot more spending power than he has recieved up to date.
Covid has reduced spending at all clubs in Europe with the exception of those that are backed with Russian blood money and Saudi oil money would you not agree?

No idea, all I know is it at least gave Aurier a rocket up his arse. He has been mainly good since we got back up.
He bought him because he’s friends with the Portuguese agents who run Wolves, similar to the ridiculous child we signed on loan from Benfica recently who just left

We can always argue about the squad, transfers and players, however at the end of the day we are employing one of the highest paid managers in football. It's ok to demand and expect better from him. Even the fans that want to keep him.
Fully agree we should be getting better results.
Hopefully starting today.

I think Jose was promised a lot more spending power than he has recieved up to date.
Covid has reduced spending at all clubs in Europe with the exception of those that are backed with Russian blood money and Saudi oil money would you not agree?
Nah
Jose would have been told the available budget before he signed.

Pre Covid obviously

Pretty sure only Pep + Dean Smith + Lampard spent more than him in the Summer

Could be wrong though?

This not being backed argument doesn't wash with me. The only thing he didn't get was a CB fair enough but that's not the root of all our problems.

He needs to be handed the opportunity to properly rebuild our defense.

He has shown he can get us playing football (this is not the first game we've played free, attacking football under him).

I think we'd be doing so much more if he felt totally secure in the back line being solid and not needing to be overly protected in trickier games.

The players are still, clearly, playing for him.

Back
Top Bottom