Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What evidence?
Being one of the most in form teams post covid break?

The evidence of watching those games and seeing how much time we spent desperately holding on to leads/ties and generating absolutely nothing offensively.

Watching how much of our offense was relying on Kane or Son to make great plays, coupled with our top player OG.

The evidence of watching those games and seeing how much time we spent desperately holding on to leads/ties and generating absolutely nothing offensively.

Watching how much of our offense was relying on Kane or Son to make great plays, coupled with our top player OG.
Give over.
You saw what you wanted to see.

Give over.
You saw what you wanted to see.

No I saw what happened.

We struggled to score against West Ham, Everton, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Manchester United and Palace.

We needed own goals and great individual efforts in all those games to score. Our tactics and formations did nothing to help with creating chances in any of those games against mediocre (for the most part) teams.

Now the lack of creativity on our team did not help either but there sure are a lot of questions that should be raised about the manager based on those games, the season in general and the last season in Manchester as well.

I know for many any criticism of Jose is not allowed. For them the very idea that we may not have the greatest manager in the game today is too much for their tiny brains to handle, but there are very legit concerns to be had when it comes to the manager of this club.

That doesn't mean he wasn't great in the past, doesn't mean we are screwed to relegation this year, but anyone who doesn't think there are legitimate concerns about Jose going into next year are burying their heads in the sand.

We had a lot of chances against West Ham, scored 2 and could have had 3-4 towards the end. We didn't struggle to score, we were better all over the pitch against a team who's entire game plan was to get behind the ball and not even attempt to tackle. We won 2-0 and could have been 3 or 4-0 in the end

United were pretty decent in the 2nd half and gobshite like Dier meant we had to defend for our lives and yet, if not for one clumsy penalty, we'd have won. If not for the penalty, to nil.

Everton were as bad as we were, in fact worse. It made for a dreadful match, a match we won, to nil.

Sheffield United was an utter clusterfuck of terrible defending. Just appalling at the back but of all the games we played after the restart, that was the only really bad one. When you're defensive work is that bad, scoring 1 was a miracle

Bournemouth was the only one I missed. Much like Sheffield United though, had VAR done what it was supposed to do rather than screw us over that might have panned out differently. We also didn't concede in this match, another clean sheet.

Palace, I believe it was fairly well documented that we played for the draw 2nd half to make sure we secured the league place we needed for Ropey League football. Only conceded one

Kept another clean sheet against Leicester and won 3-0

Goal a piece conceded against Woolwich and Newcastle, both outrageous worldies, both games we won.

You're seeing what you want and ignoring the rest.
Bit like the cretins on the road that see 1 BMW in 100 not indicating and then proclaiming none ever indicate.

QUOTE="Igula, post: 2426604, member: 14750"]
Was one of the best.

Nothing to indicate he is currently one, in fact a lot of evidence to show he isn't even very good tactically let alone one of the best.
[/QUOTE]
:deledoubt:Wtf?

We had a lot of chances against West Ham, scored 2 and could have had 3-4 towards the end. We didn't struggle to score, we were better all over the pitch against a team who's entire game plan was to get behind the ball and not even attempt to tackle. We won 2-0 and could have been 3 or 4-0 in the end

I do not remember many chances before the corner, bounce in off the WH defender in the 60-ish minute. We did better once they had to open up but for the first half and before that fluke goal we were not creating much, if anything and did not look likely to score.

United were pretty decent in the 2nd half and gobshite like Dier meant we had to defend for our lives and yet, if not for one clumsy penalty, we'd have won. If not for the penalty, to nil.

We were holding on for dear life against United. Yes Dier sucks, but that game was us defending for way to long for a guy like Dier not screw it up. If not him I am not sure I trust guys like Aurier or Sissoko to be under that much pressure and not screw up.

Also our goal in that game came because of some woeful defending from Farmer Harry and questionable
goaltending by De gea. Nice of Bergy to take advantage but concerning that we weren't able to generate anything without their mistakes.

Everton were as bad as we were, in fact worse. It made for a dreadful match, a match we won, to nil.

Yes they certainly were but that isn't a strong support of our abilities or tactics. As bad as Everton were they were a bounce away from tying it up. When playing a team that poor I would like to see us put them away.

Sheffield United was an utter clusterfuck of terrible defending. Just appalling at the back but of all the games we played after the restart, that was the only really bad one. When you're defensive work is that bad, scoring 1 was a miracle

I think we both agree we would like to forget this game. so lets just move on and forget it!

Bournemouth was the only one I missed. Much like Sheffield United though, had VAR done what it was supposed to do rather than screw us over that might have panned out differently. We also didn't concede in this match, another clean sheet.

I don't think we should rely on VAR to beat Bournemouth. I think this game to me really showed our lack of creativity as a team more so than awful Jose tactics and that should be the main takeaway but Sissoko playing 75 minutes and GLC and Bergwijn coming off at halftime were unbelievably stupid decisions.

Palace, I believe it was fairly well documented that we played for the draw 2nd half to make sure we secured the league place we needed for Ropey League football. Only conceded one

I will say that is incredibly poor tactics that rely on Chelsea getting the result. What happens if Wolves score two quick goals, do we think we can just turn it on and score with 20 mins left? 10? 5?

It was Palace who are a poor team with nothing to play for, there is no need to risk Chelsea and their boatload of GA's to hold their lead and not try to score against Palace. Maybe if it were Liverpool or City or even United that can hurt you you play for the tie, but against Palace? Ugh.

Kept another clean sheet against Leicester and won 3-0

Leicester was amazing if we could get Brenton to manage against us every weak with Wes Morgan and Ryan Bennett playing a highline in a back 3 I would take Jose as my manager with his style every single time. Unfortunately I don't think this is how it works!

You're seeing what you want and ignoring the rest.
Bit like the cretins on the road that see 1 BMW in 100 not indicating and then proclaiming none ever indicate.

I am seeing a team that clearly struggles to create chances, a lot of this is because of the lack of talent in the squad but a lot of it is because of the way the team sets up and especially the over reliance on players with zero creativity.

I think there is too many examples of us creating zero to say that it isn't an issue and to not question the manager and his role in that.

Interesting comment about relying on VAR.
We have to now, because the refs clearly are. They're less likely to give a penalty than before, probably thinking the dick heads in the replay box will. But they don't, because they won't over rule their mate on the pitch.

Has Jose ever played a midfield 3 consistently? Really like the thought of
Hojbjerg
Gio - Ndombele

Cant see any other way Gio and Ndombele can play in the same position together as they are both arguably best as 8's or even a little bit higher up

Of course this is all a moot point if we get rid of Ndombele

Also, if we do have these 3 going in to next season, and we play Jose's preferred 4-2-3-1, who would you prefer in the pivot with PEH, Gio or Tanguy?

Has Jose ever played a midfield 3 consistently? Really like the thought of
Hojbjerg
Gio - Ndombele

Cant see any other way Gio and Ndombele can play in the same position together as they are both arguably best as 8's or even a little bit higher up

Of course this is all a moot point if we get rid of Ndombele

Also, if we do have these 3 going in to next season, and we play Jose's preferred 4-2-3-1, who would you prefer in the pivot with PEH, Gio or Tanguy?

He played it at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan.

Just seen a fixture list where our internationals could potentially play about 86 games next season!!

I hope Jose can get Kane and co out of those pointless friendlies?

Back
Top Bottom