Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very good timing for him to come in too, as we've played Liverpool, Man City and Woolwich away already. A perfect season for him to find out where we are and work it out tactically, as there's no pressure of getting top 4.

I hadn't given up on it entirely under Poch, so in fairness to the new chap I shan't under him either.

Bill,people bad mouth us anyway.
By alot fans of certain clubs,we are hated. Having him as boss ain't gonna change anything 😊
Let the ride begin.
Exactly, people already hated us to begin with, now we've just become the number one target from the media. Let's face it, we are in the levels of BvB, Atletico and Napoli when it comes to media attention. José puts us in a completely different game...
Just for example, I've never seen so much attention and comment from the Albanian and French journos regarding Tottenham. It's really insane...

We're not getting Top 4. Chelsea and Leicester will not give up enough points for us to get near. We'd have to win pretty much every game.

I appreciate that people are excited but we've been *fucking awful* for months and he can't turn that around instantaneously.

If you think Mourinho has been brought in to steady the ship you don't know how ENIC/Levy operate. I agree the maths aren't good but top 4 will be the expectation. A few short of that will be OK

We're not getting Top 4. Chelsea and Leicester will not give up enough points for us to get near. We'd have to win pretty much every game.

I appreciate that people are excited but we've been *fucking awful* for months and he can't turn that around instantaneously.
I would be happy with top six right now come the end of the season.

Unsurprising from you, Mick Cunt. A right wing rag and a negative message against our club.

Yes that fucking annoyed me too

We’re trying to move on and be optimistic and you get a negative post like this from the most miserable churlish poster on here

When he went to Manure it was toxic and we’re nowhere near that level

I am optimistic about us for the first time this year

It's expected to catch up to Chelsea and Leicester who's 12 points over us already? Unless they fall flat on their asses I think it's mental to expect a UCL spot for next season.

From the 2020/21 season, however, we should demand that like before.
A four game swing isn't that entirely impossible if we can play up to our potential. Especially seeing that we play Chelsea twice and Leicester at home.

It's hard, but not impossible. How many points did we, The Scum, Chelsea and United drop at the end of last year? There's always hope, especially with 26 games to go.

It's hard, but not impossible. How many points did we, The Scum, Chelsea and United drop at the end of last year? There's always hope, especially with 26 games to go.

I'd fucking love us to go on a marauding run and chase them down, but the idea that we're expecting him to basically put together a perfect run with a side that hasn't won away since January is ridiculous.

I could, however, see them asking for European football of any description.

It's expected to catch up to Chelsea and Leicester who's 12 points over us already? Unless they fall flat on their asses I think it's mental to expect a UCL spot for next season.

From the 2020/21 season, however, we should demand that like before.

100% that's the expectation

This is Levy.....paying a manager double the previous guy who got us there 4 years on the bounce

you sound bitter and unloved and probably were adopted

I'm generally bitter (not my parents fault unfortunately). In this instance it's from watching week after week of lackluster performances with no one taking responsibility for it.

When I read someone write that the "Team Spirit" and "calm atmosphere, in which inter-personal relationships were incubated" are somehow Poch's keys to success that's just bonkers. That Team Spirit and Calm Atmosphere certainly weren't helping or showing this year. Comparing Mourinho to Gollum?? nonsense... Also why sack Poch and replace him with a similar manager? The whole article was just nonsese and if you wanted to point out anything you found interesting in it then I'll keep an open mind but I personally didn't find anything interesting. Just offputting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom