Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Uefa Cup was just mainly 4th to 7th rif raf . CL 3rds are usually better than the teams in the Europa league and make it somewhat of a competition.

But a "League" whose group stage doesn't contain lots of the biggest contenders to win the competition is also pretty dumb.

The entire structure of European competition is fairly ill-conceived at the moment. And this new 3rd thing makes it even worse.

Free advice: bring back the Cup Winners Cup, only let three teams from any league into the CL, and then bring back the UEFA Cup as a pre-bracketed 64-team knockout tournament a la March Madness. Then England should limit entry to the League Cup to teams not in Europe (and make that a March Madness bracket too).

If Jose comes in, expect to see a lot more Toby and Verts, especially Toby. He also likes Dier a lot.

I expect a 4-3-1-2:

Aurier(?)- Toby-Sanchez/Jan-Davies(?)
Ndombele-Dier-Lo Celso
Dele
Kane-Son

Or that same lineup but in a 4-2-3-1 with Ndombele next to Dier.

If Jose comes in, expect to see a lot more Toby and Verts, especially Toby. He also likes Dier a lot.

I expect a 4-3-1-2:

Aurier(?)- Toby-Sanchez/Jan-Davies(?)
Ndombele-Dier-Lo Celso
Dele
Kane-Son

Or that same lineup but in a 4-2-3-1 with Ndombele next to Dier.
Aurier?? No way Jose.

I actually see this type of video as a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, it could, and probably will, end in tears, but for a period of time we are going to have a very fucking hungry Jose Mourinho at the helm desperate to prove that he is still the best. In a way, I think that's what we need, despite being gutted that Poch is gone.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we win the FA Cup this season.

Fascinating interview boys if you haven’t seen it. Mourinho talks about his career, Pochettino, his next job and his mentality for success. If you don’t feel excited and want him after watching the whole of that video, then you never will. Serial winner he is.

I will never embrace this guy. Not even if he wins trophies. Football for me has never been about trophies. I don't get to take a medal home if the club win something. And I'm not the type to get pissed up or go to the bus parade. For me the point of football is about being able to consistently enjoy the team you support and feel proud of them, both in the style of their play and the nature of their character. And nothing about Mourinho fits that ideal, he is the antithesis even.

Fascinating interview boys if you haven’t seen it. Mourinho talks about his career, Pochettino, his next job and his mentality for success. If you don’t feel excited and want him after watching the whole of that video, then you never will. Serial winner he is.

The quote that jumps out to me is that he won't take his next job without a clear understanding of what the objectives are and what the resources are to achieve it. Exactly echoing the Poch of last season.

I will never embrace this guy. Not even if he wins trophies. Football for me has never been about trophies. I don't get to take a medal home if the club win something. And I'm not the type to get pissed up or go to the bus parade. For me the point of football is about being able to consistently enjoy the team you support and feel proud of them, both in the style of their play and the nature of their character. And nothing about Mourinho fits that ideal, he is the antithesis even.

Absolute pathetic losers mentality. You seem to have adopted that losers mentality that’s deep imbedded in our club right now and it’s sickening. Our motto is “The game is all about glory “ .... “ Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur “ ring any bell to you ? Glory isn’t getting to semi finals/ finals and losing them playing pretty football. Glory is winning trophies and being a successful club. Yes let’s finish 8th playing really fantastic football because that’s so much better than seeing our club win trophies. Ridiculous mate sorry.

3gx85n.jpg

Absolute pathetic losers mentality. You seem to have adopted that losers mentality that’s deep imbedded in our club right now and it’s sickening. Our motto is “The game is all about glory “ .... “ Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur “ ring any bell to you ? Glory isn’t getting to semi finals/ finals and losing them playing pretty football. Glory is winning trophies and being a successful club. Yes let’s finish 8th playing really fantastic football because that’s so much better than seeing our club win trophies. Ridiculous mate sorry.
Glory isn't the same thing to everyone. Sounds to me like you should be following a different club if trophies are the only thing that matter to you. This club isn't known for collecting too many of those.

Honestly, what philosophy do we have right now that is being ripped up?

-Do we have a coherent system/philosophy for how our team players? Or even a consistent formation?
-Do we have a coherent system for moving talented youngsters into the 1st team?
-Do we have a coherent approach to roster construction? Do we move players on and bring them in at the right times?

I could go on. I love Poch but Windy has pointed out a bunch of times how there's more going wrong here than just results on the pitch. Maybe a shakeup/shock to the system is needed.
I agree with the underlying sentiment here...but this? What coherent system and philosophy does Mourinho bring? That we need to spend a ton of money? Fucking John Thomas John Thomas gives us all that for free - we've just fucked away the money it would have cost to resign Eriksen 2 seasons ago to sack Poch because he's gone all mopey about transfers to bring in the OG of mopey about transfers manager.

The fact that a cash hungry manager such as Mourinho is very much in the frame to be our new boss is surely a positive statement of intent.
If Levy is considering Jose he knows he would need a wad of money for the inevitable spending spree that would follow his appointment.
This does at least show a willingness to put finances into the squad rebuild instead of going for a soft option new guy like Howe.
Or am I reading it wrong ??

Back
Top Bottom