Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The point is what is Tottenham to people though?
You don’t support “bang average players”that have us in a title race and all the cups by January?

4pts behind the “best team and manager on the planet”

I can only take from this sentiment that many of our fans would be nowhere to be seen if we went down. Or were just another Coventry, or Oldham.

Id still be here mate

I don't support bang average players that don't show up when either the heat is on or the stage is set.
I don't want to be in a title race, I want to win a title.
2nd place is first loser. And "we've completed 2nd place" - only one left to complete.

I don't support bang average players that don't show up when either the heat is on or the stage is set.
I don't want to be in a title race, I want to win a title.
2nd place is first loser. And "we've completed 2nd place" - only one left to complete.
So as I said, sounds like you’d “take a break from it all” if we went down?

Personally, I find it hilarious a Tottenham fan calling out players bang average while demanding they win the PL.
We haven’t won the league for 60 odd years

from my sofa............ fucking miles away
Do you have a problem with our fellow fans from New Zealand, America or Japan too?
When you moved to Bermuda, was you still a Spurs supporter?

You moved home but don’t even go you pretender.....isn’t it funny how you always chime in and slag me off for not slating the club. Haha Mick, you do make me laugh.

Id rather be an expat that goes to 1 game every couple seasons and enjoys it like the first time I was at WHL as a kid, than a bitter, moaning old cunt who goes every week and sits there calling everyone shit.

Too many cunts think having an ST means you’re good for the club and a true fan.
How many ST holders sell their seats for triple the price though?
Sit their with selfie sticks?
Can’t be bothered to sing or get their fat faces out of a pie until the 58th minute?
Leave on 76 minutes to catch the empty bus?
Chant vile songs?

I couldn’t give a fuck about going to games, I’ve done my bit and have zero problem with my levels of support. I pay my membership regardless.

So as I said, sounds like you’d “take a break from it all” if we went down?

Personally, I find it hilarious a Tottenham fan calling out players bang average while demanding they win the PL.
We haven’t won the league for 60 odd years
Not at all, no.
But I wouldn't fight in the corner of a team that went down acting as if I have to support them.
I'd want them all out and improvements to be made.

We haven't won the league becase of bang average players and poor management.
What kind of fan doesn't want their club to have the very best?

Not at all, no.
But I wouldn't fight in the corner of a team that went down acting as if I have to support them.
I'd want them all out and improvements to be made.

We haven't won the league becase of bang average players and poor management.
What kind of fan doesn't want their club to have the very best?

All fans want the best.
But Charlton or Millwall have about 10,000 real fans.
If they get to Wembley or the PL though, suddenly they’ll have 80,000 fans.

Not sure what you’re defending here

couch-potato-19311486.jpg

somewhere in Sweden/Port Elizabeth

Last edited:
All fans want the best.
But Charlton or Millwall have about 10,000 real fans.
If they get to Wembley or the PL though, suddenly they’ll have 80,000 fans.

Not sure what you’re defending here
They are where their finances and history dicate they should be.
We've been knocking on the door of the top table for 1 - years and were once head of the table.

Surely we all support every player and manager when we go on the pitch, regardless of individual opinion on them? If not, not sure why anyone is on a Spurs fans forum.

Doesn’t mean you can’t criticise them or their play if it’s awful. I’m convinced Sanchez isn’t a particularly good CB, doesn’t mean I don’t hope to be proved wrong or that I don’t support him every time he pulls the shirt on.

Surely we all support every player and manager when we go on the pitch, regardless of individual opinion on them? If not, not sure why anyone is on a Spurs fans forum.

Doesn’t mean you can’t criticise them or their play if it’s awful. I’m convinced Sanchez isn’t a particularly good CB, doesn’t mean I don’t hope to be proved wrong or that I don’t support him every time he pulls the shirt on.
So you mean “get out of my club” and “he should never wear the shirt again” or “fuck off you Champo cunt” is all good and well?

There’s critique and there’s abuse.
I don’t care if they can’t hear us, you can’t want half the squad sold and claim to be backing them

It takes him a season to get the message home to the players what he wants. Then they do it for a couple of years, which has always meant winning things everywhere he goes. Then he moves on.
It could be the same for us, we are on target anyway.
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays longer though, the job he wants after us is probably the Portugal national side.
The 2022 World Cup could be a fiasco in Qatar, but for Jose to win the 2026 World Cup in the USA, I could see that happening. That could mean leaving us in 2023.

🧐

I support Spurs.
The players and managers and the board come and go.
It’s a two way street though.....fans say clubs are nothing without them. That’s true, but what’s the club without players a manager and a board?

Just a group of guys standing under a lamppost...........

The club is a whole.
It goes down together, the players, board manager and fans.
Some fans might jump off because relegations not their thing, but it’s the players that will win promotion.

Those not there for the Champo ride should fuck off altogether in my opinion.
You can support a cockerel and a name if you want, but when I look back and think about Gazza, Hoddle, Ardiles, Hughton, and even the likes of Mitchell Thomas and Christian Zeige I feel more of a connection to the club than just the lettering THFC

My view has always been support the manager and the players until the end. No middle ground. Support them no matter what.

But what pisses me off are some worms that come out only when we lose and trash manager and players.

You can criticise but stop using derogatory terms.

So you mean “get out of my club” and “he should never wear the shirt again” or “fuck off you Champo cunt” is all good and well?

There’s critique and there’s abuse.
I don’t care if they can’t hear us, you can’t want half the squad sold and claim to be backing them
“So you mean”. How the fuck did you take from my post that I condone abuse?! You make arguments up in your head.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you that critiquing players is fine, and abusing players isn’t.

“So you mean”. How the fuck did you take from my post that I condone abuse?! You make arguments up in your head.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you that critiquing players is fine, and abusing players isn’t.
Well you said “surely we all support every player”......just wondered if you meant the fans that say the things I mentioned came under that reckoning?

I don’t see that as support

Back
Top Bottom