Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris is one of the best 'keepers in the World mate, his errors are no worse than other 'keepers at his level, they all make mistakes the difference is the oppo haven't scored from them so the stat doesn't get trotted out in the media. Did you see Edesson at the weekend? He does this every week, but his errors we finally punished. Allisson also got lucky again with Milner bailing him out clearing the ball off the line. The issue is we concede far too many shots on our goal, Lloris, as a consequence has, is by far the busier 'keeper. He's the best shot-stopper in Europe both in actual shots faced and perhaps more importantly bassed on XG (quality of shots faced).

This is a tactical and team organisation issue. If you allow so many attacks against you it stands to reason that at some point an error will be committed. This isn't sustainable.

Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-Trendlines-2.png

Hugo is gash as evidenced by tonight display and I don’t give a fuck how many charts you produce deflecting the blame but he’s the best we’ve got

Poch culled his squad. Let's see if Mourinho does the same in the summer. Poch used youth to build a team something Jose has never done. I doubt he will be given the funds to rebuild through signings.

I imagine Jose will do the same.

Out with the guys who don't fit and the summer to implement the system he wants to run.

Without Champions League he'll probably be required to sell in order to buy, as I can't imagine there will be much transfer money available.

Agree with a lot of that but but...

Were probably going to lose to United, probably the scum at home and west ham. Then what? We genuinely don't look like winning a game and that's not me being a hyperbolic fan. It's a fucking mess and he clearly hasn't got a clue what to do.

At some point and I think its sooner than you think levy is going to have to cut his losses.
Mate I genuinely hope you’re right, but unless there’s a break clause in the contract I’d imagine there’s no chance he gets the boot.

But hey what do I know. I maintained for ages there was no chance Levy was dumb enough to sack the best manager he’s ever employed but he went and did it, so maybe he’ll now prove me wrong again.

I don’t know and really don’t care anymore at this point. With the mess we’re in it’s all immaterial anyway.

Agree with a lot of that but but...

Were probably going to lose to United, probably the scum at home and west ham. Then what? We genuinely don't look like winning a game and that's not me being a hyperbolic fan. It's a fucking mess and he clearly hasn't got a clue what to do.

At some point and I think its sooner than you think levy is going to have to cut his losses.

Cut his losses and do what?

Sack him? Then who do we hire? Who’s going to turn this shit show round?

I’d fucking love to have Nagelsman as our manager. But, before that, I’d rather have their scouting network and recruitment strategy and a bunch of highly talented, fucking quick players under the age of 24.

There is not a human being currently on planet earth that can turn Aurier into a RB that can actually defend. And, for the record, I quite like Serge. But he’s shit at defending.

That team finished on 69 points

What's this team going to finish on?

AVBs team finished with more points than any of Redknapps.

Next you'll tell me AVB had a better squad than the one involving King, van der Vaart, Modric, Bale, Parker, Walker etc.

Our defence was always shit this year. The midfield was lightweight from day 1.

Now we have no strikers.
Even still, would've thought the Special One with his renowned pragmatism would have made us more solid by now. Individual cock-ups don't help, but he hasn't done well enough in this regard. I could handle lack of goals but get some shit 0-0s, the odd 1-0 win at least.

Back
Top Bottom