Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing I got from the Norwich game is how tenacious they were, the seemed to battle harder, nothing was easy for us. I don't know if we just don't have the players to put in the commitment, or if Jose's tactic of standing off teams encourages them to start playing and get some belief, but I remember the days of Poch in his pomp when we obliterated teams and strangled their possession just like most teams try and do these days.
My take is us choosing to sit off, which enables a team to build and control. There is also our inability to adjust to changes that the oppo might have done to their team.

Man i ain't gonna lie i am absolutely fucking devastated at how it's panning out at the moment , We were looking so fucking good 2015/17 seasons , That's when in my opinion only we should of pushed on and had a real go at winning the league .
But how we have fallen badly for whatever reason it may be , I just can't believe we have returned to for now hopefully 90's mid table shit , I really thought we had past that stage and we were never going back .
But I have faith we will be back stronger than ever before , Who will be the manager ? Who knows , Personally I don't care , I just want us all as a team and a club back where we belong ...
Sorry for the rant and probably some vomit inducing words ....Great forum . COYS .

My take is us choosing to sit off, which enables a team to build and control. There is also our inability to adjust to changes that the oppo might have done to their team.
He approaches games not to lose first and foremost and hopes that talent creates a chance.

I get it against liverpool and man city . Anyone else though it doesnt seem quite as attractive and when it doesnt work it looks awful.

His tactics since his arrived have been dreadful. Our two biggest games of the season away at chelsea and at home to leipzig we didnt even try to win, shameful.

I am amazed any spurs fan would accept this. Bearing in mind our history and traditions.

For all the mourhino haters , honesty answer me if you think Jose would have won the league with our squad in the 16/17 season?

Absolutely fucking No. He'd have them playing shit, defensive football, struggling to qualify for the Europa League, and moan in the media how his players aren't good enough and that he envies the bench of Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

The guy is, and has been for a while, a has been. He has become mentally defensive, struggling with deep issues relating to a need to prove to the world that he is still special. He makes up excuses in advance, to defend his own ass against failures, in a manner that increases the chance of failures. He acts in a way that breaks the confidence of his team, in a way that leads to negative development of players, that is deteriorating for the entirety of the clubs he is managing.

He is a shit manager.

Absolutely fucking No. He'd have them playing shit, defensive football, struggling to qualify for the Europa League, and moan in the media how his players aren't good enough and that he envies the bench of Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

The guy is, and has been for a while, a has been. He has become mentally defensive, struggling with deep issues relating to a need to prove to the world that he is still special. He makes up excuses in advance, to defend his own ass against failures, in a manner that increases the chance of failures. He acts in a way that breaks the confidence of his team, in a way that leads to negative development of players, that is deteriorating for the entirety of the clubs he is managing.

He is a shit manager.

yeah he is such a shit manager he really struggled to qualify for the EL when he came second with a shit united team, struggled to qualify for the CL as well when he won the UL as well didn’t he :mourthumb:
Say what you want about the guy, but to call him shit when he has won more trophies than our entire club is just foolish
:mourweird:

Anyone reckon Levy would have the balls to pull the plug on him at the end of the season and get someone else ?
You wouldn't think so but if we lose at burnley and leipzig which lets be honest is likely that's 6 games on the trot. His attitude will get worse and worse , the toxic environment will increase and then all bets are off.

Were in trouble and I'm not sure he knows how to turn it round.

Completely disagree with that. How many of the Leipzig team have you heard of? It's not about the individual players, it's about the system.

Whether or not you've heard of players has little to do with whether or not they're better than the guys we have.

They passed the ball with ease through our midfield, because our midfield is terrible. Sabitzer and Laimer did whatever they wanted and had tons of time on the ball because our guys aren't athletic enough to win the ball back.

Harry Winks is useless. He can't stop anything, make no tackles, doesn't stop dribbles, etc. Lo Celso is an attacking midfielder who was playing completely out of position.

We get run over by every half decent team we play because our midfield is considerably worse than their counter parts in all of those games.

A better system isn't going to make Harry Winks a viable #6 who can control things in the middle and win the ball back when needed. We desperately need to find someone like Dembele, Wanyama (when his knee was good) or even Sissoko who was athletic enough to make a tackle and win the ball back.

The guys currently at Mourinho's disposal (and Pochettino before him this year) aren't good enough. None of them would see the field for anyone in the top 7 in the PL.

Last edited:
yeah he is such a shit manager he really struggled to qualify for the EL when he came second with a shit united team, struggled to qualify for the CL as well when he won the UL as well didn’t he :mourthumb:
Say what you want about the guy, but to call him shit when he has won more trophies than our entire club is just foolish
He’s shit. Worse than that even. He wasn’t, but he is now. :dierpochhug:

Come to Tottenham with a mint CV. Leave with a head full of gray hair.

Back
Top Bottom