Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading between the lines it seems that Jose has wrtten off this season, but is all out for the next one. Maybe that’s being sensible, I would still like to see top four and it’s certainly possible but being realistic next season is when the Jose Effect really comes out.
If so, this may be a disappointing season but before you know it we’ll be into the new season with an experienced winner for a manager and a core of players who can be the basis of a team that could win anything going.

Reading between the lines it seems that Jose has wrtten off this season, but is all out for the next one. Maybe that’s being sensible, I would still like to see top four and it’s certainly possible but being realistic next season is when the Jose Effect really comes out.
If so, this may be a disappointing season but before you know it we’ll be into the new season with an experienced winner for a manager and a core of players who can be the basis of a team that could win anything going.

I think it's too early to write this season off. Still in the FA cup and a decent shout at that (shame Shrewsbury couldn't knock out Liverpool 5ths). Still in the CL and not far behind top 4.

Performance wise, I expect us to be a lot better next season once Jose has had a pre-season, but we are capable of grinding out results.

I think if he finishes top six then he has done well beyond that it's difficult although not impossible to see anything else.

I think if he finishes top six then he has done well beyond that it's difficult although not impossible to see anything else.

That's fair-minded of you, but still curious as to why someone should say that Jose has given up on top 4 already.... If the next two match days go our way we're in there with most of our tougher games behind us.

That's fair-minded of you, but still curious as to why someone should say that Jose has given up on top 4 already.... If the next two match days go our way we're in there with most of our tougher games behind us.
I did caveat that though mate with the words not impossible but yes it could be on although we have struggled to date to put any winning run together, which has made me think that top six is the pinnacle this year.

I did caveat that though mate with the words not impossible but yes it could be on although we have struggled to date to put any winning run together, which has made me think that top six is the pinnacle this year.

"still curious as to why someone should say that Jose has given up on top 4 already"

I wasn't referring to you there, fella. :mourthumb:

FWIW...... I think we'll get top 4.

I think the internal target within the club and squad is Europa League at minimum. Considering where we were when he took over Top 4 would be icing on the cake.

But it is pretty clear that this season is more to be used as a building block for the next one. Righten the ship and prepare for the next battle and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom