Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gotta say, I did fear the worst when I first heard the news he'd gone into hospital again...

Amazing strength of character that he's at least past this latest hurdle...

Thankfully SOME good news in amongst all the horrible stuff!

Keep going Jimmy!

I'm an Woolwich fan - no, wait! - but I always loved Jimmy Greaves as a player and a hell of a man. Well, just to give him a big up now - SURVIVOR and WORLD CUP MEDAL WINNER! Rock on Jimmy, forever a SUPERSTAR!

An old family friend had a bad stroke last week, it's not looking good. I'm posting the news here because he was a decent footballer in his day, he actually played about 12 times for Northern Ireland scoring 6 goals.

His main claim to fame was scoring two at Wembley against England...the only problem was that Greaves scored five...

An old family friend had a bad stroke last week, it's not looking good. I'm posting the news here because he was a decent footballer in his day, he actually played about 12 times for Northern Ireland scoring 6 goals.

His main claim to fame was scoring two at Wembley against England...the only problem was that Greaves scored five...
Sorry to hear that mate, hope he recovers

Sorry to hear your news. Bad enough that it happens, made worse by the situation we find ourselves in.

God bless to you friend Arty, hope he gets well soon.
I am presuming its SW?

It's tough on his family because they can't visit, but it was a massive stroke and he's not responding well according to what they're being told...
Quick update, was talking to his nephew today, he's still hanging in having made a bit of a recovery...

The battle goes on for Jimmy Greaves' gong: 357 goals in English top-flight but still no MBE - Sportsmail continue to fight for recognition legendary striker deserves after 80-year-old was left out of Queen's birthday honours

The battle goes on for Jimmy Greaves' gong: 357 goals in English top-flight but still no MBE - Sportsmail continue to fight for recognition legendary striker deserves after 80-year-old was left out of Queen's birthday honours

It's bullshit!

People forget how loved he was as a TV personality too....

Jimmy's a national treasure.

It's a disgrace. I know someone like Marcus Rashford did a good thing during lockdown, but how he, and TBF Harry, could get one before Jimmy is quite appaling.

It's bullshit!

People forget how loved he was as a TV personality too....

Jimmy's a national treasure.

Saint and Greavsie were must watch pundits who could laugh at themselves

Far superior to smug cunts like Lineker and Lawro

Back
Top Bottom