Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unimpressed when Kane used his appearance on TV before today's game, in theory to say something about Jim, to say how he hopes to beat Greavsie's record. Inappropriate and naive. I'm probably being too touchy, but there you go.

My missus worked for P&O Ferries in the 90's when she saw Jimmy so she said "You're Jimmy Greaves?"
he replied " Yes, and I used to drink everything but now I eat everything!"

Jimmy Greaves was even greater than the records show. It was well-known Alf Ramsey didn't like him leaving him out of the 1970 World Cup for lesser forwards Francis Lee and Jeff Astle.

For some reason Talksport played the song "Smile, though your heart is aching", and Antonio Rudiger showed lack of respect booting the ball at Emerson Royce who was on the ground, and received no punishment at all. He should have been sent off, instead he scores the last goal.

Earlier on in this thread there’s a evening with Jimmy Greaves YouTube and watching it highlighted a couple of things one he wasn’t a Tottenham fan he wasn’t a fan of anyone but he just liked playing football and what he enjoyed most was playing with us and looking back at his career the best part was with us but the point is he was loyal he didn’t want to leave us and was bitterly disappointed he had to go and admits his feelings for football waned afterwards a lesson for modern day footballers Kane included money wasn’t an issue it was how he felt and he was content, happy & loyal R.I.P Jimmy…..

A far few people saying to those that had never seen him "look at Messi, the way he glides past people"
Which I think is a fairly good analogy.

Thoughts?

Should have won
How come we didn't win the league when we had Greaves? We did the double, signed him but never won the title again?
Should certainly have won it in his first season with us. - 61/62.
Ipswich did the double over us - and that was that.
Came close the following season too.

Am I the only one getting pissed off with "Tottenham's record goalscorer"? on Sky.

Although true, he was also the record goalscorer in top flight English football.

Would it hurt them to say that?
Or because its now the Premier League, it can't be mentioned?

Back
Top Bottom