Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This guys career can be measured in minutes, not games.

Thanks Jose, for plucking him out of the academy and giving him a 4? 5? year contract off the back or a half decent debut.

Let's he totally serious here, he's either been injured or shit ever since that Liverpool game. There are people who aren't genetically able to cope with elite sport. They get injured constantly. He is one of them. We should be figuring these things out when they're in the academy. If they're missing a lot of games there, they have no chance in the mens game.

I feel like he could succeed in Series A, look how tomori and smalling have done.

Japh is nowhere near their level, not even close. Japh has made 27 league appearances in his entire career and he’s 25 years old.

I think if he had stayed fit he could have had a good career at lower PL level but he hasn’t been fit for most of the last four years. No player can overcome that, he hasn’t been able to develop at all because he hasn’t been fit to play. He still looks like a raw academy player as his injuries have totally stymied his development.

Funnily enough, I reckon his versatility at being able to play both CB and RB would be something Ange would love!
Whilst Royal is more than an able deputy to Porro at RB, he's no CB!!

Given the right coaching (and one more decent loan spell) Tanganga could arguably one day fill that position with aplomb!

Though he ain't getting any younger! What is he now, 48?

The new Cameron Carter-Vickers!
Nowhere near good enough on the ball to be in an ange team.

Bit of a stretch to claim JT was involved in the scored goal.
Poor pass on the blinking half way line on the right hardly the cause of complete absence of marking on Millwall left and it was good strike for 1-1.

I always saw him as a full back and not a CB, I honestly don’t think he ever had a good game for us in the centre. All his decent appearances were on the flank.
When we got spanked 3-0 by Palace under Nuno and he essentially got himself sent off, he was playing full back wasn't he?

I could well be wrong, the sending off offence was in a right back position on the pitch, I do remember that much.

Been saying it for years, had one good game against Liverpool, everyone shot their load, Jose gave him a 4 year contract and we've been stuck with him since.

He's not fit enough, robust enough or good enough for top level football.
For once, you are right. He always seemed a bit wild. You never know what’s coming next. If he’s got another year on his contract I think they will try to sell him for a nominal fee with a sell on clause.
Whatever happens he won’t be with us next season.

Millwall led 1-0 then gave away a pen. 1-1. Useful point.
Saw most of the game and JT was OK.
Zian Flemming intermittently brilliant and useless.
Tom Fellows for WBA looks a great prospect.

The number of times Japhet had to play alongside Aurier or Sanchez and sometimes both I am surprised he has any arsehole left at all. Shame Millwall have got no dough.

Back
Top Bottom