January

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin

Supporter
Better late than never.

Poor month for us to be honest with no consistency, Lennon our MOTM for the month if we had to pick one person for his two excellent performances vs Reading and Man Utd however poor performances in the other games.

Our strikers are still misfiring and Naughton still needs to up him game. Vertonghen's early season form seems to have also deserted him.

Leeds in the FA Cup was our worst performance of the season and first under-5 rating, with the previous worst ratings being 5.36 vs Wigan (H) and 5.37 vs Woolwich (A).

Our 6.71 vs Man Utd (H) is the second highest rated draw of the season after Lazio (H) with 6.93.

CPBkjyh.jpg

I thought this was going to be the January picture from the spurs calendar.

I am disappoint.

I no like spreadsheet.

I no like red colour.

Not to besmirch your work Zin, but you pick out Naughton for special reprimand this month... Yet he has a 0.03 point average over BAE and a 0.11 average over Walker.

Now, the eyes in my head agree with your own statement, but if this is about stats, then that comment is a little misplaced surely? Especially seeing as he played the most and it was only Leeds that smashed his average...

Not to besmirch your work Zin, but you pick out Naughton for special reprimand this month... Yet he has a 0.03 point average over BAE and a 0.11 average over Walker.

Now, the eyes in my head agree with your own statement, but if this is about stats, then that comment is a little misplaced surely? Especially seeing as he played the most and it was only Leeds that smashed his average...
too small a sample size to ever draw any valuable conclusions.

any one opinion 'skews' results too much to evidence performance.

still want picture from January calendar to rate on 'spursy scale'.

June 2007 still has most 'spursy score' to date with 9.37.

Mostly due to berba breaking a sweat for the first time in his career at WHL.

Would have been 9.87 but not enough mud on boots to hide the red detailing.

G3bHHeD.jpg

I'm flabberghasted that this homo-errotic number from the double winners wasn't given a pink tint... Less Spursy and more Blades of Glory Glory!.. I give it a 3.96
Spurs1961OfficialPlayersPublication.jpg

:adegrin:

Yes I was harsh, to be honest I was just looking at yet another worst player on the pitch performance and how his season average is still low, in terms of January he was nowhere as bad as Defoe and Adebayor.

I'll just say it like this... no matter how bad we think the lads play, we are still fourth a point off third and we keep getting results even on our bad days! Recepie for champions that, not this season, but next one we'll keep up with them pesky mancs

Back
Top Bottom