January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They've made it perfectly clear that they won't accept anything below the release clause, hence the release clause discussion.

OK I'm aware of this,but.... IF we sign Porro for anything other the 45m and paid in full.... You will admit you're wrong then?

Also tell me, what fucking club accepts less money because "it suits them to do so"? I'd love to know.

Hypothetically; cos they need to sell and no-one is prepared to meet the clause.

(I'm not saying this is the case re: Porro, btw)

You're trying to defend slow negotiations over £5-6M for some weird reason. We're Tottenham Hotspur, not Sassuolo.

Bore off.... I'm defending nothing. I'm simply curious about the rules in Portugal.

........You're too tangled up in preconceptions about what I 'might' be doing to see the wood for the trees.

this one made me laugh as well

Screenshot-2023-01-24-192026.jpg

:levyeyes:

OK I'm aware of this,but.... IF we sign Porro for anything other the 45m and paid in full.... You will admit you're wrong then?
I'll admit that I was wrong the moment you admit the difference that we saved for him was not worth a NLD and a City defeat.

Do we have a deal?

I'll admit that I was wrong the moment you admit the difference that we saved for him was not worth a NLD and a City defeat.

Why would I admit to something that has no bearing on what I've been talking about?

You straw-manning other sentiments onto my posts is your problem, not mine.

Do we have a deal?

I don't actually care; in all honesty..............

Last edited:
So porro is the only signing on the horizon and that's still up in the air. Thought there might have been at least one more. Other teams already playing their new acquisitions and we're still sitting on our arses so Levy might save a few million....peanuts in today's market...
I think if we get Porro and a half decent CB the window imo will be satisfactory, The problem with Porro is if Conte leaves and we get a new manager in June, who sets up with a back four, he's not defensive enough to be a FB.

Choose one for Spurs this window:

1) Malinovskiy - €18M, 2.5 Year contract
2) Zaniolo - €30M, 4 Year contract
3) Danjuma - 6 month loan
4) Trossard - €35M, 4 Year Contract
5) Madueke - €42M, 7.5 Year contract

They've made it perfectly clear that they won't accept anything below the release clause, hence the release clause discussion.

Also tell me, what fucking club accepts less money because "it suits them to do so"? I'd love to know.

You're trying to defend slow negotiations over £5-6M for some weird reason. We're Tottenham Hotspur, not Sassuolo. 5-6M shouldn't be an issue to us to hang over a transfer we desperately need in a crucial part of the season.

I understand your point and I agree in this situation, that we should have paid his release clause at the start of the window if that’s the player that was identified as a priority.
But the art of negotiating when you are selling is to overprice. Have you ever paid the full asking price on a house?

Last edited:
I understand your point and I agree in this situation, that we should have paid his release clause at the start of the window if that’s the player that was identified as a priority.
But the art of negotiating when you are selling is to overprice. Have you every paid the asking price on a house?
I've never bought a house, so I can't say that to be honest. However, I've bought a car and sold a house that my grandmother used to live in pretty recently (I handled the dealings instead of my family). In both cases, I've not moved once from the asking price (I paid for the car exactly what they asked for, and I got a pretty good deal and winter tires as a bonus because I didn't try any deals to lower the price, I can't find the exact word for it in english at the moment).

I've never bought a house, so I can't say that to be honest. However, I've bought a car and sold a house that my grandmother used to live in pretty recently (I handled the dealings instead of my family). In both cases, I've not moved once from the asking price (I paid for the car exactly what they asked for, and I got a pretty good deal and winter tires as a bonus because I didn't try any deals to lower the price, I can't find the exact word for it in english at the moment).

Fair enough.
When I sold houses and cars in the past I would overprice it but have the price I would sell for in my head ie house for sale at £210k would except £200k. You get the price you want the buyer thinks they have a bargain and there is always the chance that some idiot will pay the £210k.
Maybe Porto have a figure below the release clause in mind, maybe they really do want the €45, who knows but I really don’t understand how it’s taken 3 weeks to find this out

Back
Top Bottom