January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Paratici and Conte identify a 90m player do we even start haggling in our model?

Well, the initial asking price for Ndombele was 80m (3 years ago) so on the strength of that.... Yes.

We can’t identify the same profile of player as our closest rivals. Not because of revenue or wealth but because of our owners cheapskate budget model.

Richy was more expensive than anyone Arse bought this summer, so.....? He's more expensive than ANY of their starting XI and yet is a mere bench player for us.

This is boring... You're just saying stuff (irrespective of truth); chasing a narrative and hoping some of your comments stick.

If Pedro Porro was worth all this hassle, he'd be at City.

They value him around £25M, which sounds about right.
Regardless of Porro’s price we still haven’t got a RWB that can play one of the most important roles in our coach’s system.

We spent the entire summer haggling over a cheaper, younger player with a better investment profile.

If Porro is overpriced, fine identify another one that can do the job we need. Not having one because of price isn’t acceptable if you are serious about winning.

Enic aren’t serious about winning.

Regardless of Porro’s price we still haven’t got a RWB that can play one of the most important roles in our coach’s system.

We spent the entire summer haggling over a cheaper, younger player with a better investment profile.

If Porro is overpriced, fine identify another one that can do the job we need. Not having one because of price isn’t acceptable if you are serious about winning.

Enic aren’t serious about winning.

So money is no object? ......Spend whatever it takes?

As per prev. comments..... Sorry, we're not in that brecket and neither are the teams you compared us to.

Well, the initial asking price for Ndombele was 80m (3 years ago) so on the strength of that.... Yes.

Richy was more expensive than anyone Arse bought this summer, so.....? He's more expensive than ANY of their starting XI and yet is a mere bench player for us.

This is boring... You're just saying stuff (irrespective of truth); chasing a narrative and hoping some of your comments stick.
And if the price the price that needed to be paid for NDombele was 80m would we sign him?

We both know we wouldn’t.

Your point on Richy being more expensive than anyone Arse signed last summer is irrelevant and you know it. If we wanted Mudryk would we be paying 80m for him now??
Would we fuck. In fact I even saw links for him to us in the summer.

They're about to bring in Mudryk, and had a higher net spend last summer despite no CL! And had a lower net spend the summer before despite no European football at all!

1. Mudryk signs when he signs...... We already had all this crap regarding Fernandez... Then what?
2. You're making seprate arguments to those that I've dispelled.

And if the price the price that needed to be paid for NDombele was 80m would we sign him?

We both know we wouldn’t.

No, neither of us KNOW.

Facts is facts.... Supposition is something else.

Your point on Richy being more expensive than anyone Arse signed last summer is irrelevant and you know it.

No it isn't. Not at all. Look at the specific points I was refuting.

If we wanted Mudryk would we be paying 80m for him now??
Would we fuck.

Again; supposition. Let's stick with facts. We haven't spent 80m before, but Arse have never spent 80m on a player before either and so far they continue to refuse to.

In fact I even saw links for him to us in the summer.

Can't say I'd even heard of him until the Arse links, but by all means share a link for posterity.

[ edit: After 3 pages of google search I couldn't find one...... ]

Last edited:
Get the player you need or don’t.

Win or don’t.

Winning doesn’t care about your excuses.

LOL....... Winning doesn't happen by burying your head in the sand to reality either.

Go and buy a mansion despite it being out of your price-range..... Let me know how you get on.

All we can hope for now is that Paratici has another Kulu/Bentancur trick up his sleeve.

Halfway through the month and seemingly not close to any deal.

Hopefully an as-yet-unlinked attacker is the real target and Trossard is option 2 or 3.

I think we get there on Porro eventually for around 30m.

ENIC spend what the club generates Levy has said this numerous times. Whatever the club profits on transfer sales, sponsorship, tickets, match day revenue, other events, merchandise and many other things we be spent on the players/ club. Anyone expecting us to spend additional money to this haven’t been paying attention and need to stop crying about it every transfer window because until we get brought out buy a sugar daddy 🙏 thing will not change

Apologist on his knees to the masters.

Or just a realistic take ?

No, fans have a right to be frustrated & to vent that on here. People who relentlessly try and tell others when they can/can't be annoyed at the crappy way these cunt owners operate can fuck off, most of the posters on here are annoyed now (as reflected in the poll) so you're a minority on here and shouldn't be telling others what they can and can't say.

Back
Top Bottom