January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s funny how most clubs seem to buy players in before they sell & that’s how we know that player X is potentially moving

Who's done that this month? Villa and Newcastle.

First post here (after getting banned it seems elsewhere). An admission: I’ve despised Levy ever since the ‘Moutinho fax-machine’ episode.
Having said that, I’m sure that our 4th place rivals — Woolwich, West Ham and Manure — are also desperately trying to improve without much joy. January is notoriously difficult.
I’m going to reserve judgment until summer. I’d love to see us move on the deadwood that is holding us back — especially the class of 2019 (our worst window ever and would take Wijnaldum for N’Dombele in a heartbeat) but I fear that some of the players — those without WC ambitions— are happy to ‘do a Bentley’.
Not fussed over losing out on Traore. Wouldn’t be surprised if we were used to get Barca into the mix.

Good first post. It agrees with everything I've always said so it massages my confirmation bias. You won't be on ignore any time soon.

7-72853_pictures-of-musical-notes-music-notes.png
'Tottenham get battered in the transfer window...'
7-72853_pictures-of-musical-notes-music-notes.png

Sending them out on loan so that they can get minutes and put themselves in the shop window is exactly how they get sold in the long term.

"Exactly" or potentially....?

(Clue: It's in fact the latter.)

e.g. Let's say Gio goes out on loan to (eg) Vallencia on 50% wages..... Pulls up injured and/or is a bit shit..... There's no guaranteed purchase at the end of it.... Far from it..... All that happens is the potential for a buyer drops further (or at least drops to a lower tier of clubs with less money to spend).

Another example..... Drop Dele into a lesser team; the kind of player he is, is he isn't gonna thrive... He'll struggle even worse than he does here. All that happens is his value tanks further.

Last - very likely - scenario.... Unless a Ndombele loan amounts to a so-called bigger club; he'll just doss around in the exact same manner anyway.

Sure; try these things, but they're not without potential pit-fall.

Lastly.......... Be it sales or loans; a contracted player doesn't have to accept either.

So, back to the OG point; loaning them out in Jan will NOT bring "offers" in that same January...... So the degree of "shock" here was misplaced.... Even more so, if you were carrying the unwarranted assumption that someone would just swoop in and conveniently buy all our dregs this January and give us a nice bundle of cash to spend on new players.

By the same token; each of the players you listed has been linked to loans to at least 1 or more club this Jan..........

If we wont play them, then its better if someone else did and they get seen or we are stuck with the cunts until their contract runs out.

Babbled about this above somewhere.....

Sure.... Trimming down the wage-bill is always helpful, but the rest can go one of two ways.

Last edited:
First post here (after getting banned it seems elsewhere). An admission: I’ve despised Levy ever since the ‘Moutinho fax-machine’ episode.
Having said that, I’m sure that our 4th place rivals — Woolwich, West Ham and Manure — are also desperately trying to improve without much joy. January is notoriously difficult.
I’m going to reserve judgment until summer. I’d love to see us move on the deadwood that is holding us back — especially the class of 2019 (our worst window ever and would take Wijnaldum for N’Dombele in a heartbeat) but I fear that some of the players — those without WC ambitions— are happy to ‘do a Bentley’.
Not fussed over losing out on Traore. Wouldn’t be surprised if we were used to get Barca into the mix.
Solid, sensible post. The outgoings have been a problem for so long now, even if we end up playing kids and giving them a chance instead of the duds what have we got to lose? However summer then becomes MASSIVE, it would have to be the biggest splurge ever or Conte will walk (and none of us will blame him for it)

Ten Hag was such an obvious choice, played the football we wanted to play and improved players. The problem I heard, from someone inside Ajax who knows Ten Hag, is that when Ten Hag was interviewed he told Levy he wanted to sell Kane to fund a new style of play.

Levy point blank refused and the interview went south. He returned to Ajax and when the board of Ajax found out Spurs weren't as interested they promptly gave him a contract extension.
Sounds like a BS story. I am sure Ten Hag had a bunch of other reasons, mr. Levy himself to start with.

Why does anyone get so worked up and expect miracles in the January transfer window?
What club is going to let their best players go in January? Who’s available?
Who have Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich, Man Utd signed?
Of a player does become available then a whole host of other clubs will be interested and that player will always pick a Barcelona over us, that is just a simple fact.

Diaz would be a great signing but there are going to be others interested which will push the price up.
Of course we need players but we need the right players and have to be careful we don’t blow our load and have little or no money for the summer when more players will be available.

So once again fucking zero coming in. Which means he is unlikely to offload at a risk to leaving the squad short. So stuck with the cunts we didn't want and all while clubs laugh at the fact we could even get a Wolves substitute over the line. Levy can fuck off and die up Lewis ass now. A true cancer on our club with his bullshit

Why does anyone get so worked up and expect miracles in the January transfer window?
Who have Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich, signed?
Of a player does become available then a whole host of other clubs will be interested and that player will always pick a Barcelona over us, that is just a simple fact.

Diaz would be a great signing but there are going to be others interested which will push the price up.
Of course we need players but we need the right players and have to be careful we don’t blow our load and have little or no money for the summer when more players will be available.
I agree, but you have made another point, there are players free as you say like Diaz. He would make us a better team. Yet fucking zero effort from Levy to just go and get it done. Another load of bollocks that they are trying when no doubt he will end up at Liverpool and then bang 4 past us the next time we play.

Oh look, that’s a BRAND new perspective on things. We sure haven’t seen this kind of post 1000 times before from the same little group of posters.

Holy shit, for the millionth time these clubs are in no urgent rush to sign players because they don't have new managers they need to back, and they either spent big money in the summer, have squads which need very little work, or both!

We AREN'T comparable to the rest of these clubs. And if we 'wait till the summer' to sign anyone at all then suddenly our top four chances plummet which = less money to spend on transfers and the club has less pull, so we end up with the likes of fucking Amrabat again.

Back
Top Bottom