January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'd like to think we weren't in for either Coutinho or Digne rather than getting "beaten" to them by Villa. I'm not convinced about Coutinho. Couldn't hack it at Barca or Bayern. I personally like Digne, but we're stacked on LWB's

As above

I was commenting more on the fact that other clubs have been able to buy players that you claim are unavailable rather than us having to get the specific players.

Coutinho is better than any MFer we have outside of Skipp and a better RW than Moura, so while he might not be ideal he is better than what we have.

I like Reguilon better than Digne but Digne is a good player that could be used potentially as a RWB, better than Emerson or Doherty or even LCB in a back 3.

And I can't stand Levy.

I'm just not a flapper. It's January. Shit doesn't happen in January.
Not saying you are a Levy lover mate, all I am saying is we can make things happen we just have the wrong prick at the top to get it done.

There is no law or other reason stopping us going out and signing players now. Or at least banging a bid in!

I am just sick of the lies from that bald cunt every year saying it will change. He is destroying the club.

I am aware that he cost more than Tomiyasu, but Tomiyasu at the moment seems a better player. We are owned by billionaires. Selling Dier and Winks would surely put aside enough money to bring in someone like Franck Kessie. Milenkovic is there for 20/30 mill, why not offload doherty and Joe Rodon (who probably hasnt got a fair chance). I understand my suggestion is getting rid of 4 players to bring in 2, but we need quality at the moment. Our squad is big but not nearly good enough.

Who is going to take players like Doherty and Rodon? The whole football world saw what they produced against Morecambe and Mura. Who is going to pay millions of pounds for their services?

We're crying out for established players that can come into the first 11 right away and make a difference. Spence isn't that. He may get there one day but right now he's a 21 year old that looks decent at Championship level.

If we were run properly we would get Spence and players that can help us now, but we all know why that won't happen.

Again, if so many teams are in for them, why are they still here?
Oh I don’t think teams want anything to do with them, but if no player could possibly move in January as you claim, than our dross has cornered the market!

Your whole framework is total bollocks, a reductio ad absurdum of the fact that January isn’t what it used to be.

And I can't stand Levy.

I'm just not a flapper. It's January. Shit doesn't happen in January.

Except that stuff does happen in January

And repeating that lie over and over again does nothing to make it any more BS than the first time you said it.

It's pretty damn weird (and unedifying of those in question) to see Matt1882 's comments greeted with such hostility considering he is generally pretty critical of ENIC and the way the club is run.....

It's pretty damn weird (and unedifying of those in question) to see Matt1882 's comments greeted with such hostility considering he is generally pretty critical of ENIC and the way the club is run.....
Not hostility from me, frustration at ENIC and the bald cunt.

I just want to highlight business can be done, he just chooses not to. Then waits till the summer to do shit business to make up for it!

I was commenting more on the fact that other clubs have been able to buy players that you claim are unavailable rather than us having to get the specific players.

Coutinho is better than any MFer we have outside of Skipp and a better RW than Moura, so while he might not be ideal he is better than what we have.

I like Reguilon better than Digne but Digne is a good player that could be used potentially as a RWB, better than Emerson or Doherty or even LCB in a back 3.

Outside of Villa though, 19 other PL teams have done nothing. Even the relegation fodder teams aren't doing anything. I don't dispute that on his day, Coutinho is better than what we have. I agree he was clearly attainable. But there must be a reason we didn't. There must be.
Can't help but feel Digne was a very sudden thing. Came on the market and Villa were very quick.
We also don't know their financial situation. For all we know, they're going to regret these signings in a year.

Who is going to take players like Doherty and Rodon? The whole football world saw what they produced against Morecambe and Mura. Who is going to pay millions of pounds for their services?

This is the sad state of our squad. No one wants the players we don't want. They'll stink the place up until their contracts run out IMO. And that includes Dele and Ndombele.

Except that stuff does happen in January

And repeating that lie over and over again does nothing to make it any more BS than the first time you said it.

19 teams have done nothing so far. Honestly think the 2 Newcastle have signed will be failures.
19 to 1 says shit doesn't happen.

Oh I don’t think teams want anything to do with them, but if no player could possibly move in January as you claim, than our dross has cornered the market!

Your whole framework is total bollocks, a reductio ad absurdum of the fact that January isn’t what it used to be.
What are you talking about? You're becoming hysterical.

Back
Top Bottom