January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent journo on Talksport linked us to Lamptey….. he’s a far more effective player than the roidhead, creates chances every game and carries the ball well.

I'm sorry that's an oxymoron

Are you referring to Alex Crook? the Durham wanna londoner who supports United?

I'm alright.

I'm sorry that's an oxymoron

Are you referring to Alex Crook? the Durham wanna londoner who supports United?

I'm alright.
Yes. And yes agree TS is far from decent but Crook has connections with the South Coast clubs, could be some truth in it

Last edited:
Another reason it pays to watch games and not just the stats

Exactly. He is creating chances but his teammates arent scoring and he doesnt get the 'assist' stat.

His XA90 (which is a far more reliable metric than “chance creation”) is 0.12 - which measures quantity and quality of chances pretty much confirms what many of us are seeing with our eyes. He isn’t creating much of quality on a regular basis. Possibly why he doesn’t always start games and hasn’t got a while.

We’ve got a bunch of players, many of whom most of us bitch about not being good enough, who are all creating more/better quality than he is. Ndombele, Reguilon, Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Kane and LoCelso all have better XA90’s.

Last thing we need is another Moura or Bergwijn bouncing around like a turtle in a windsock.

His XA90 (which is a far more reliable metric than “chance creation”) is 0.12 - which measures quantity and quality of chances pretty much confirms what many of us are seeing with our eyes. He isn’t creating much of quality on a regular basis. Possibly why he doesn’t always start games and hasn’t got a while.

We’ve got a bunch of players, many of whom most of us bitch about not being good enough, who are all creating more/better quality than he is. Ndombele, Reguilon, Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Kane and LoCelso all have better XA90’s.

Last thing we need is another Moura or Bergwijn bouncing around like a turtle in a windsock.
Locelso and Bergwin have barely played. Wouldnt count them yet. But Son, Ndombele and Lucas are all similar to Traore in that respect. Only Kane is significantly better at creating .

My source was wikipedia. Not saying they're right but, well, that's the fee they quoted.
Yeah. I asked Google. Both figures have been mentioned, as it turns out. Interestingly, The Athletic said that Chelsea's buy-back clause doesn't kick in until 2023. But we needn't let that concern us. Last thing we want is to sign any top-class HG players.

:pochcry:

The RWB is probably a smart move.
Wing backs are absolutely key to Contes system and apart from Emerson (who’s only okay at best) we really don’t have any other viable option there.

One option we could look at is exploiting Barcas troubles again and going for Sergino Dest, their right back we should have gone for last summer.
Haha that’s hilarious…. Sorry guys … you mind if we try another one if your RBs. … this one’s a bit shit

You knew that didn’t ya

Yeah. I asked Google. Both figures have been mentioned, as it turns out. Interestingly, The Athletic said that Chelsea's buy-back clause doesn't kick in until 2023. But we needn't let that concern us. Last thing we want is to sign any top-class HG players.

:pochcry:
So is that buy-back clause automatically transferred to his new clubs if he was sold?

So is that buy-back clause automatically transferred to his new clubs if he was sold?
Good question. I don't know.

And The Athletic can reveal that the terms of the transfer mean Southampton won’t have to start paying the £5 million fee until next summer. It is also understood that Chelsea’s agreed buyback clause does not kick in until 2023. That buyback clause is set at £50 million, although he would actually cost Chelsea around £38 million as they are in line to receive a share of the profit from the player’s next move.

I know right?

It's such a gigantic bummer to have the young RB that Brasil's been calling up for Copa America/WC qualifying. It's not like being subbed in to a Copa America Final as a 22 year-old is going to be an incredible learning experience.

I bet the Brazilian Federation is probably forcing Tite's hand to play Emerson, because they really want to go on the stadium Dare SkyWalk™.
Paulinho says hi

Paulinho-Football365.jpg

Back
Top Bottom