January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Kulusevski can only play RW making us stick with the 3-4-3 then I like these moves a lot less. Especially because Bentancur in a MF 2 with what we have isn’t that appealing either.
Are you envisioning him as a second striker in a 3-5-2?

I think that's where he's made most of his starts this year partnering Morata.

The hype is that it's a actually a £30m option that can also triggers an obligation certain terms are met.

If he bombs we're still well rid, so it' not a big risk.

Sounds like it given the above....... Juve aren't even guaranteed a fee.
That will depend entirely on what triggers the obligation. If it's linked to CL and we qualify DESPITE him being shit then we still have to pony up.

our frontline lacks pace and thats a big weakness

will these two get us back to top 4

think they are average myself and we are not going to see much difference to the way we are now

would love to be proen wrong of course

these signings give bad vibes

I would like if he could play on the right of a midfield 3 but doesn’t really seem to have the skill set for that.

Second striker might work if Son is out or if he can play in MF.

I just don’t think the 3-4-3 works for what we have so not keen on sticking with it.

Well-Known Member​

Hercules

“Vibes are case going in his favour”

————————————

So, not only is Hercules getting 1st hand information from within the club itself, but he also knows the in’s and outs of Bissouma’s court case

Laughing Man Lol GIF
Let me get this straight.

The cunt is now pretending to be ‘itk’ on judicial proceedings? Has the CPS shared their preliminary report with him?

So according to Romano we are still confident of getting Ndombele and Dele out on loan, no mention of Gio. Gil to Valencia is close too.

Lets assume our business is as follows:

In: Kulu, Bentancur
Out: Ndombele, Dele, Gio, Gil, Rodon

Are we better off?

Lloris
(Gollini)

Romero -- Dier -- Davies
(Tanganga) -- (Sanchez) -- (????)

Emerson --- Skipp -------PEH ---- Reguilon
(Doherty) --- (Winks)--- (Bentancur) --- (Sess)

Lucas ---- Kane ---- Son
(Kulusevski) --- (Scarlett) -- (Bergjwin)​

Cons:
Still no LCB cover
No upgrade at RWB
No direct Kane cover

Pros:
Additional CM that fits Conte's system/is available/isn't a cunt
Another quality forward option to challenge Lucas' place in the first XI

Overall, I think in Bentancur and Kulu we will have two players that contribute to the first team over and above what Dele/Gio and Ndombele could so that is good. If we can get those three out then we also free up a lot of wages which should make it easier to get deals done in the summer.

Lets just pray Kane and Davies don't go down and Doherty can become the Irish Cafu.

It's a job half done but I am in favour of gradually upping the level of technical quality in the squad and these two would do that.

For the summer then we'd still need a boss LCB (Pau Torres plz), a Winks upgrade/top quality CM and a proper Kane alternative.

2/5 done.
I don't see why RWB would have been okay for Traore but not Lucas?

So according to Romano we are still confident of getting Ndombele and Dele out on loan, no mention of Gio. Gil to Valencia is close too.

Lets assume our business is as follows:

In: Kulu, Bentancur
Out: Ndombele, Dele, Gio, Gil, Rodon

Are we better off?

Lloris
(Gollini)

Romero -- Dier -- Davies
(Tanganga) -- (Sanchez) -- (????)

Emerson --- Skipp -------PEH ---- Reguilon
(Doherty) --- (Winks)--- (Bentancur) --- (Sess)

Lucas ---- Kane ---- Son
(Kulusevski) --- (Scarlett) -- (Bergjwin)​

Cons:
Still no LCB cover
No upgrade at RWB
No direct Kane cover

Pros:
Additional CM that fits Conte's system/is available/isn't a cunt
Another quality forward option to challenge Lucas' place in the first XI

Overall, I think in Bentancur and Kulu we will have two players that contribute to the first team over and above what Dele/Gio and Ndombele could so that is good. If we can get those three out then we also free up a lot of wages which should make it easier to get deals done in the summer.

Lets just pray Kane and Davies don't go down and Doherty can become the Irish Cafu.

It's a job half done but I am in favour of gradually upping the level of technical quality in the squad and these two would do that.

For the summer then we'd still need a boss LCB (Pau Torres plz), a Winks upgrade/top quality CM and a proper Kane alternative.

2/5 done.
On Kane cover, I suspect they think Kulusevski can be fashioned into a second striker.

He might not be as exciting as Diaz but Kulu is clearly talented and very young with a lot of upside.

Both he and Bentancur look like they would bring more technical quality and composure to the team. Much needed given the amount of sloppy, headless chickens in our ranks.

I'd be happy with both and hopefully a rabbit is pulled out of the hat for a RWB, though I'm guessing we will soldier on through till the summer with Doc/Emerson.
Just wondering If we were waiting for Kulusevski get done to swap Bergwijn for Mazraoui. But the answer is a big no unfortunately.

I would like if he could play on the right of a midfield 3 but doesn’t really seem to have the skill set for that.

Second striker might work if Son is out or if he can play in MF.

I just don’t think the 3-4-3 works for what we have so not keen on sticking with it.
Hmm, not sure I agree.

Betancur and Skipp make a lot of sense as a duo, and whoever we're putting on the right provides more than PEH or Winks.

I think Conte sees our strength as being with our attackers and that's why he likes to play the 3 up front.

With Kane, Son, Lucas, Bergjwin and now Kulu, playing with just two upfront would mean a lot of time warming the bench for 1 or 2 of those.

I think we are good enough to beat everyone outside of City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United with a 343 but we should adapt against those sides (3 games to go). Without world class CMs you just get dominated with a midfield 2 in those games.

Am I right in thinking sexual assault is very different to rape?

Bissouma's one is sexual assault, which is nowhere near as serious as rape.

Hmm, not sure I agree.

Betancur and Skipp make a lot of sense as a duo, and whoever we're putting on the right provides more than PEH or Winks.

Betancur-Skipp is better than what we have but not sure I want either with ball at their feet.

Kane for sure is better in a front 2 or 1 than a front 3 and I think Son is better in 2 as well.

I still don’t see a great fit for any formation with these new additions.

ben is not a creative mid so if your wanking over him he is a slight upgrade on peh

plays safe most of the time

as for for kus i said my piece on him

even tho i like signings over nothing

this is two more foreign spots filled by players who will not make much of a difference to what we have already

and if the obligation to buy kus is true for 40 mill then i dont know what to say

Back
Top Bottom