January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How the fuck would that make sense, given we are streched to the limit with Non-HG players, yet Alli is HG and Eriksen is not ?!?!
Quality of those analysis I say...

Only option would be if we shaft Sanchez from the squads and replace him with Rodon (if he counts as HG).
I don't think Rodon is HG when it comes to the EL.

How the fuck would that make sense, given we are streched to the limit with Non-HG players, yet Alli is HG and Eriksen is not ?!?!
Quality of those analysis I say...

Only option would be if we shaft Sanchez from the squads and replace him with Rodon (if he counts as HG).
Curiously if Dele gets a loan then that frees up a non-HG slot for Eriksen for the EPL only.
But IMO JM has a big decision to make about Sanchez.

In the annals of Tottenham transfer history i'm not sure there have been many more odd, pointless and almost suspicious transfer deals than Gedson.

It is an example of what happens when you are more reactive than proactive.

They saw some injuries and quickly went to get a body in, rather than had guys available to step up.

Curiously if Dele gets a loan then that frees up a non-HG slot for Eriksen for the EPL only.
But IMO JM has a big decision to make about Sanchez.
Am I right in saying that it reduces our options in the EL though ?
We'd have to register a smaller squad by 1 ?

The reason most of them are still here is because they can't be got rid of for what Levy would deem a suitable transfer fee. Any of Gaz, Lloris, Serge, Doherty, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Dier, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas should/could be sold for the right price. Bale needn't be renewed and Dele/Winks could be on the chopping block as well, though I'd keep both.

Doubt we could get what Levy would want for Sanchez, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas in particular, and think most will very much want to stay at the club.

Absolutely agree

Last summer started with lots of stories of Aurier wanting to move on (for the 2nd summer in a row), problem was that AC Milan his chosen destination couldn't afford much of a fee (I heard circa £12m, and even that was a bit flakey with add ons included) which is one reason why Spurs has to sign Doherty (HG for PL so fitted into the squad whether Aurier stayed or went).

And it was clear last summer most clubs had little money so nobody left - not just fees, but other clubs couldn't afford the wages have been paying a number of these players, which is why they are still here.

This TW its worse with very few deals at any club.

And it will be tough in the summer unless covid goes completely before the end of the season, which seems unlikely.

So getting more than say 4 players to leave permanently in the summer could be a problem - even assuming subsidising part of their wages. Can see a few loans which doesn't help with getting players in permanently but at least creates a few spaces in the squad

Rodon does not count as HG for EL.

We could have got a cheap option for 2 million that would have been an upgrade over Moura and Lamela, although maybe Leicester had no interest in selling him to a PL team.

Hahahah, you are talking about Gray ?!?
Well, Moura and Lamela are crap, but my god, GRAY ?!? He was linked with us when he left Birmingham, luckly we dodged a bullet. He is absolute crap of a player, has medicore pace... and nothing else.
Not EPL level player, I'd have Lamela and Moura over him every day of the week.

Hahahah, you are talking about Gray ?!?
Well, Moura and Lamela are crap, but my god, GRAY ?!? He was linked with us when he left Birmingham, luckly we dodged a bullet. He is absolute crap of a player, has medicore pace... and nothing else.
Not EPL level player, I'd have Lamela and Moura over him every day of the week.

For a 6 month loan to help us with HG issues if we are moving on from Dele he is certainly worth it.

And he is an easy upgrade over Moura and Lamela, which isn't saying that he is good just not as bad as those two.

For a 6 month loan to help us with HG issues if we are moving on from Dele he is certainly worth it.

And he is an easy upgrade over Moura and Lamela, which isn't saying that he is good just not as bad as those two.

Yea, I would use any academy kid over him.

He has never seemed like a decent footballer. Maybe decent sprinter/runner, but never footballer. No technical ability, no awareness. Mostly he was just invisble on the field or at best running around in straigh line. There is a reason why he was deemed to be worth 2 million.

I am still amazed how people assume that someone who can run fast is automatically a good footballer.
Wrong sport, mate :D .

Yea, I would use any academy kid over him.

He has never seemed like a decent footballer. Maybe decent sprinter/runner, but never footballer. No technical ability, no awareness. Mostly he was just invisble on the field or at best running around in straigh line. There is a reason why he was deemed to be worth 2 million.

I am still amazed how people assume that someone who can run fast is automatically a good footballer.
Wrong sport, mate :D .

Oh I don't think he is good and only would want him because he is cheap and HG and out of contract in the summer.

He is better than Moura and Lamela but wouldn't really need to be used. Let's say he replaces Lamela on the EL list does that change anything for us? I would say no as it is unlikely at this point that either plays in any EL games unless the game is already decided and it doesn't matter.

The best thing he does is allow us to make moves with HG players this window.

tea GIF

The tea lady says we are very very close to re-signing someone.
Redknapp!?

Back
Top Bottom