January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lampard out could leave Rice more open to the market, Mourinho I'm sure would love to have him if a deal could be done.

Neuhaus is an exciting one. Between himself and Sabitzer I'm quite pleased with the quality of midfielder we're linked with.

Lampard out could leave Rice more open to the market, Mourinho I'm sure would love to have him if a deal could be done.

Neuhaus is an exciting one. Between himself and Sabitzer I'm quite pleased with the quality of midfielder we're linked with.
I doubt Wet Spam would allow us to get him especially with the prices they quoted thats a no show for us

Whats Neuhaus like? Bundesliga I dont watch unlike Ligue 1 & Serie A

His whoscored strengths and weaknesses dont leave me impressed

I doubt Wet Spam would allow us to get him especially with the prices they quoted thats a no show for us

Whats Neuhaus like? Bundesliga I dont watch unlike Ligue 1 & Serie A

His whoscored strengths and weaknesses dont leave me impressed
He's a really good midfielder from what I've seen. High level passing, good shot from outside the box, good to tackle and intercepts play. Excellent at retaining possession and moving the ball from defensive areas. Not the quickest and a bit languid in movement, but not lax in defensive responsibility. For a player comp (and some who've seen him more than me might scoff at this) but I don't see his style as too dissimilar to how Cesc Fabregas played under Mourinho at Chelsea in 13/14.

Unless we get someone home grown* in and if Dele leaves, does that mean we will be down to 24 players? In 4 competitions?

*getting sick of saying that to be honest - Dier isn't but some Carlos Kick-a-Ball is? Pffft! I mean, I get it but funk me!

What replacement? We have not needed him despite Lo Celso not being here either.
Smells like fabricated BS to me.

And it has been mostly talked that it would be a loan deal, so would we get someone in for 4 or 5 months? what would be the logic, I cannot follow it.
He's homegrown. Unless we want to remove another foreign player from the EL squad Dele needs to be replaced with another homegrown player if he leaves. There are quotas that have to be met.

He's homegrown. Unless we want to remove another foreign player from the EL squad Dele needs to be replaced with another homegrown player if he leaves. There are quotas that have to be met.

We’re in the knock out stages therefore we will most likely be playing our strongest team in which case there are several fringe players we could leave out eg Lamela.

HG/English players - next season we’ll have Skipp and Sessegnon back in the 1st team squad.

if Alli leaves then it will open up a space to bring in a box to box midfielder eg Sabitzer.

We’re in the knock out stages therefore we will most likely be playing our strongest team in which case there are several fringe players we could leave out eg Lamela.

HG/English players - next season we’ll have Skipp and Sessegnon back in the 1st team squad.

if Alli leaves then it will open up a space to bring in a box to box midfielder eg Sabitzer.
Skipp is too young to count towards the homegrown numbers. And Sessegnon may go out on loan again for all we know.

The homegrown numbers have to be addressed and kept in check.

I just can't see Dele leaving without us having a homegrown player lined up to bring in. I know we focus on Ndombele as 10/Gio as 10 not being enough depth without Dele (given Gio is hurt right now and Ndombele's fitness history isn't great), but I do wonder if we need a pure 10 as much if we switch to the 3-4-3 we saw against Sheffield as our primary formation.

In that formation Ndombele was playing more box to box and Kane was dropping deeper and spraying passes to the likes of Son and Bergjwin. I really liked the formation but feel it may be a bit of a one off or something we only employ against teams that play a back 3, but I think it could be useful for us longer term if we do loan out Dele.

Then we are less limited in who replaces Dele for the rest of the season because we could bring in a more defensive minded DM to rotate with Hojbjerg or a CB to give us more depth there.

He's a really good midfielder from what I've seen. High level passing, good shot from outside the box, good to tackle and intercepts play. Excellent at retaining possession and moving the ball from defensive areas. Not the quickest and a bit languid in movement, but not lax in defensive responsibility. For a player comp (and some who've seen him more than me might scoff at this) but I don't see his style as too dissimilar to how Cesc Fabregas played under Mourinho at Chelsea in 13/14.
14/15*.
Thanks for the informations, though.
Didn't know him.

I just can't see Dele leaving without us having a homegrown player lined up to bring in. I know we focus on Ndombele as 10/Gio as 10 not being enough depth without Dele (given Gio is hurt right now and Ndombele's fitness history isn't great), but I do wonder if we need a pure 10 as much if we switch to the 3-4-3 we saw against Sheffield as our primary formation.

In that formation Ndombele was playing more box to box and Kane was dropping deeper and spraying passes to the likes of Son and Bergjwin. I really liked the formation but feel it may be a bit of a one off or something we only employ against teams that play a back 3, but I think it could be useful for us longer term if we do loan out Dele.

Then we are less limited in who replaces Dele for the rest of the season because we could bring in a more defensive minded DM to rotate with Hojbjerg or a CB to give us more depth there.
Hitchen was caught on camera at the Norwich vs Bristol City game last week. It could be that we are shopping at either of those clubs for some homegrown talent. Because I don't tink you send your head scout/defacto Sporting Director to just have a look at a player out on loan.

Hitchen was caught on camera at the Norwich vs Bristol City game last week. It could be that we are shopping at either of those clubs for some homegrown talent. Because I don't tink you send your head scout/defacto Sporting Director to just have a look at a player out on loan.
Only players on Norwich I can think of we'd be interested in are Buendia, Cantwell and Aarons. I don't rate Aarons but would be happy with the other two.

That said, Norwich are 1st in the division and can't see them selling.

I think it's also possible Hitchens was just there to watch Skipp and see if he should be recalled.

Back
Top Bottom