January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are gonna screw us. They’ll sign Mertens, accept a bid from Lazio, reject ours for the same price and sell Giroud to them.
I trust those cunts about as much as I trust Rudiger to hear properly.

tenor.gif

You make valid points
It's a blessing and a curse. :allitongue:

yes it is all opinion,
No, mine is based on the sporting evidence.

You say the reason we did well is because of coaching purely,
I'm sitting down for a bite to eat so no reason to further stuff my mouth with your words. I did not say that and yes it is 'mixture' or confluence of factors but 'planning' worthy of future trust is not one of them and that is my point. It was more good fortune and surprise than it was expectation. Planning worthy of trust is what DL did for the stadium. But he was more than happy to accept the results that came from the good fortune.

I have faith that we are in decent shape moving forward but we need tweaking and instant investment to lookmafter the short term.
Agreed.

Soldado, Adebayor and Llorente were absolutely fine as backups to the monster that is Kane.
The first two i would say no (first due to style and the 2nd attitude) and the last was a plan B as we had to change the way we played in order to accommodate him. Are we running or have we run Harry into the ground? I would say the structural change needed/lesson to be learned is the necessity of rotation. But I think someone is happy to not have 30M sitting on the bench and to milk maximum benefit from his investments ie run the players into the ground.

Makes so much more sense than a purchase.

I think a loan is the best we are going to do for a back up striker.

Id LOVE for us to loan out Parrott and get an experienced player in on loan. Then we can reassess the situation in the summer.

Willian Jose, Solomon Rondon, whoever.. Just get someone in who is going to suit what Mourinho needs.

Unless of course the aim is to knock it long to the channels for Lucas and Bergwijn to chase whilst playing Son up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom