January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I just noticed loads of you have trophies next to your names...I've only got 1🙄🙄. What are they for and how do I get more...got way too much time on my hands today!!
It's related to the number of likes, funnies and agrees you get. Te more you get, the more trophies you have.

Disagree is a neutral rating, it has no effect on your overall ratings or trophies.

This is where I land. Levy should have forced a DoF into the structure and spent far more cash beefing up our scouting and analytics departments. That blame is entirely at his feet.

But Poch was not a great identifier of young talent, either in the club or outside of it. The entire core of his best teams were at the club by the end of summer 2015 prior to him getting the Manager title. He was great at getting the absolute most out of players, but not so great and understanding who those players should be.
Fuck. Imagine the noise round here if Levy had tried to foist in a DOF and Pochettino had walked out over it.
There would have been more whining than you get from a scouser if he has to get out of bed before 2pm

It's related to the number of likes, funnies and agrees you get. Te more you get, the more trophies you have.

Disagree is a neutral rating, it has no effect on your overall ratings or trophies.

If you were a real spurs fan you’d be hoping for zero trophies beside your name.

This is a bad take. You've taken a specific situation and generalized it in an attempt to make bad reasoning, sound. Similarly, those that dismissed a young player with superior athletic ability based on conventional wisdom were wrong too.

Adama Traore had threat, massive threat that was always there. Only a fool could not see it. Sure, his end product was wonky (still not great but has improved) but he disrupted teams and had a certain set of skills that were unplayable, skills that were beyond that of other players in the league. The reason you wait on/nurture that type of situation is because if he does put it together then you've got something. This is not a situation where you wait out mistakes so the player is ultimately able to make the bench.

This is similar to early Walker and his brainfarts. You persist with that because the raw materials are such that when/if he becomes more consistent his ability will shut down your whole right flank. And if your manager cannot gameplan with 1 side of the field shutdown he is shit or you've got other problems.

Persisting with someone like KWP and hoping he puts it together gets you where? When/if he puts it together what do you have? When he hits top form what benefits does a team expect to derive?

I've only posed those last questions as a means of comparison and not given my opinion. Each can answer for themselves but I will say that at no point ever will KWP carry as much threat as Traore or be as defensively imposing as Walker and that just goes back to the raw materials.

So your initial point neglects to consider the upside and time relative to benefit of waiting on a young player and the opportunity cost therein.
Well you right that not everyone has potential but as you say adama did had that dribbling ability for all to see.. and walker did had the rew ability and they also has had the occasional brainfart .
I think foyth is also like them he has the ability just need game time (even on loan ) to evolve IMO.
About kwp ? For me I didn't see any rew ability so loan or sell will be best and maybe hopefully he will surprise us .

I grew sick of seeing him this season, but the board is just as much to blame for his exit being as ugly as it was. I wish him well and believe that in time he should be remembered more for what he did before these past 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom