January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the look of the Polish Fingerbanger, or as Joe would have it: Fingy

Joe Clash Joe Clash

My dear Vince, with the shite we have to put up with, and human resources monitoring the pressure of our downward keyboard strokes to judge our potential for for mass murder, wouldn’t you say that brevity is not only a virtue, but an essential safeguard against serial dweeb profilers?

I remember the time (not with any great happiness) when your loquacious style led to your undoing at the hands of of the chubby Brigante. I’ve subsequently forgotten your real name Richard, but I felt for you at the time.

In answer to your well made footballing point - I agree. This site is indeed a godsend.

Could be wrong but I think I read somewhere it will go to Real Madrid (Where he came from prior to Sociedad)
He was only on loan at Madrid, like he was everywhere in Spain (Las Palmas, Zaragoza) and Brazil (Sao Paulo, Gremio, Santos) until he signed for Real Sociedad. They seem to only own 70% of his rights, from what I can see the rest belong to a team in Uruguay (although he never seems to have played for them).

Would be a good solution for both player and club, just need Davies back. But even then might be a man short at LB with only the alternative of Vertonghen as a naturally left sided defender.

Indeed. But there is higher and then there's fuck me higher lol! £60m is an outrageous amount for this lad but, it's in the best interest of the selling club blar blar blar. It's still ridiculous lol!
Ronaldo at Madrid was about £1bn.

In the UK where its not mandatory our effective "buy out clauses" are £ infinite - this is just the same. If the Spanish had the choice I imagine they would not have any buyout included but as they must it tends to be "Fuckoff value".

7 goals this season, 11 last season 2017/18 was the best of his career with 20

Arguably his best days are behind him, 28 moving to a new country where he needs to be scoring straight away, a short term fix for a long term problem.
Is it a short term though? We'll most likely need him for 2/3 years, and in that time, assuming they will stay with us, Kane will be 29 and Parrott will be 20. However you look at it, this makes sense, although I would much rather have Piatek.

Anyone who follows the cricket will have seen that Ollie Pope came into the test side and instantly looked at home at that level and looked like he belonged in the team. I can't remember the last time we had that with a new player for Spurs. It would be nice if we got someone who hit the ground running for a change. The fact that Lo Celso looks so good at the moment makes me wonder why the hell he was held back for so long - he might have been that guy if put in at the start of the season.

Is it a short term though? We'll most likely need him for 2/3 years, and in that time, assuming they will stay with us, Kane will be 29 and Parrott will be 20. However you look at it, this makes sense, although I would much rather have Piatek.
Like I say if he's successful all well and good if not we have big problems but interesting you want Piatek, what do you think he would bring to the side?

Anyone who follows the cricket will have seen that Ollie Pope came into the test side and instantly looked at home at that level and looked like he belonged in the team. I can't remember the last time we had that with a new player for Spurs. It would be nice if we got someone who hit the ground running for a change. The fact that Lo Celso looks so good at the moment makes me wonder why the hell he was held back for so long - he might have been that guy if put in at the start of the season.

That's not a like for like comparison at all.

You're comparing a national team to a club team.

Like I say if he's successful all well and good if not we have big problems but interesting you want Piatek, what do you think he would bring to the side?
He's a deadly finisher. The typical poacher. Unlike Harry, Piatek at his best is not that included in the build-up, but he only needs one chance (when he's high on confidence), to stick the ball in the back of the net. What has happened with Milan, is that Suso and Calhanoglu have been so shite that they either strike the ball themselves or Piatek has to drop deep (like Kane) to pick the ball up, therefore being further away from the goal. With Son, Lucas, and especially GLC and Aurier who have good crosses in them, Piatek would be deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom