January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy's message to chelsea
Nfd30.jpg

Edit: well it seems my link does not want to show when I post it but will show in the preview. Here's the link

http://i.imgur.com/Nfd30.jpg

Look I'm not condoning the fact he beat his wife i'm just saying that while he was at spurs he was a hero to me and he was one of those players who could really do something special and out of nowhere do something magic, like his amazing goal for hamburg shows. I'm not going to start judging players on what happens in their private life, otherwise I'd hate most of them, Defoe for example a colleague of mine has served Defoe a few time, turns out Defoe is a dick who has small man syndrome and thinks he's entitled to everything, but this wont stop me cheering him on. I'm not saying we're desperate for VdV and need him back i'm just saying he was a great player who brought a bit of magic to our lives and during my time in a collage where everyone was a gooner, he made my day a lot more fun.

Who: Storts
When: 11th January
Where: COYS
Over on COYS in a thread about Leandro.......
"Came in this thread to say the same thing hertyid did, I don't want to get hopes up but this really could be the window he joins..."
Too late. My hopes are up!

He played lots at Villarreal's b team, on loan, then when he was on loan at us, he didn't get games because he wasn't good enough, then he couldn't get games at Southampton. I'm not out to write the lad off but these aren't exactly encouraging facts.

Southampton got him on loan to cover injuries that then got sorted sooner than expected, and the club's policy is to always play their own youngsters ahead of any loanees.

Can't really blame Falque for that, nor the Saints, as we've reaped the Bale-shaped benefit of that policy.

And his loan at Spurs obviously went OK.

He played 45 minutes for saints, and got subbed at half time I think. So I thought they had a look at him and felt he wasn't good enough. If it was just the reason you mention here though, fair enough. I still wonder why a player who is supposedly so promising was deemed, after a full season in the b team, not good enough, by Villarreal. obviously I'd be happy to be proved wrong though

IMO Townsend is a lot lot better than Falque, despite being younger and having a lot less hype surrounding him. I don't think Falque has progressed as well as anyone expected. 23 games at U17 and U19 level and 2 games at U20 and U21 level for Spain says it all.

Too late. My hopes are up!

Well after that Jetset said there we are going to have "quiet" January since everyone is too expensive.

I don't see the harm in spending at least 20m. If we make the CL we pay it off that way and if we don't Bale probably leaves and we cover the price with his transfer fee.

Back
Top Bottom